Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 08:16 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times

Advertisements

From Reuters - Major world powers have begun talks about a United Nations Security Council resolution to lift U.N. sanctions on Iran if a nuclear agreement is struck with Tehran, a step that could make it harder for the U.S. Congress to undo a deal, Western officials said. Exclusive: Major nations hold talks on ending U.N. sanctions on Iran - officials | Reuters

Despite the efforts of the media and the left to portray Tom Cotton's letter as treason, it's obviously had an effect on this administration. It's amazing to watch the Democrats and the terrorists from Iran get in bed together to do an end-around a Republican Congress.

Are you folks on the left that willing to blindly support the president as he ensures Iran gets a nuclear bomb? Is your hatred of the GOP so deep you can't see the arms race this will cause and only increase the chance of a nuclear device being smuggled into the US?

If Obama does try an end-around with the UN, my suggestion to my senator and my representative will be to cut all funding to the United Nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From Reuters - Major world powers have begun talks about a United Nations Security Council resolution to lift U.N. sanctions on Iran if a nuclear agreement is struck with Tehran, a step that could make it harder for the U.S. Congress to undo a deal, Western officials said. Exclusive: Major nations hold talks on ending U.N. sanctions on Iran - officials | Reuters

Despite the efforts of the media and the left to portray Tom Cotton's letter as treason, it's obviously had an effect on this administration. It's amazing to watch the Democrats and the terrorists from Iran get in bed together to do an end-around a Republican Congress.

Are you folks on the left that willing to blindly support the president as he ensures Iran gets a nuclear bomb? Is your hatred of the GOP so deep you can't see the arms race this will cause and only increase the chance of a nuclear device being smuggled into the US?

If Obama does try an end-around with the UN, my suggestion to my senator and my representative will be to cut all funding to the United Nations.
The whole point of the negotiations is to have them not develop a bomb. You can't keep a modern(ish) country from acquiring 70 year old technology if they want it. What you can do is hold them accountable economically through sanctions until they agree to develop said technology for peaceful, domestic purposes and allow inspectors in to confirm that they aren't building centrifuges and other warhead related infrastructure.

Coming to an agreement is the only non-military way to stop Iran from acquiring a bomb. And once they come close to having one then you'll see Saudi Arabia, Egypt and maybe even turkey going down the same nuclear road. And the last thing you want is an unstable Saudi Arabia with nuclear warheads.

The Bush Administration walked away from multi-country talks with North Korea and then called them a part of the Axis of Evil. How'd that work out for us?

Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Well, let me see here. You could not stop North Korea, Pakistan or India from getting the bomb so what in the world makes you think you can prevent Iran from doing so? The only chance of stopping or major delaying them, is by negotiations like those that are going on now. If you buy into this complete crap put forth by the usual neocon criminals, they will get their way and first thing you know, The USA will be invading Iran.

You talk about the "Terrorists from Iran"? What do you think about the terrorists from Washington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies