Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The argument is stupid, because we have had terrorist attacks since Obama was in office. The Boston Bombers. Done by Muslims (though not in connection with any known Muslim terrorist organization).

I'm also convinced that there is an atheist in the White House. Which I have no problem with. A president should not be measure on his religion.
Oh right, forgot about Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
How do you respond to critics of President Obama who feel his assertion that he is not Muslim can't be trusted or who do not trust his claim of being born in the USA? Is their distrust a sign of racism towards President Obama or is it a sign of distrust in the words and claims of politicians in general?
The former, since it has been well proven without a shred of doubt by numerous officials from the state of Hawaii--officials from both parties--that the president was born there. Yet there is a faction who continues to doubt it despite all the evidence to the contrary. The whole is he a secret Muslim is more of the same, and pretty much from the same group of people. And for the same reason.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 03-13-2015 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 11:48 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The former, since it has been well proven without a shred of doubt by numerous officials from the state of Hawaii--officials from both parties--that the president was born there. Yet there is a faction who continues to doubt it despite all the evidence to the contrary. The whole is he a secret Muslim is more of the same, and pretty much from the same group of people. And for the same reason.

Thank you for the information about President Obama's birth certificate. I went and looked it up . I will not deny that there is racism in the US but in this case I think there is also confusion. His mother met an married an African man who would father her child (our President Barack Obama).There is confusion on whether or not she ever visited or lived in Africa with him. She then divorced and married a man who took her to live in Indonesia. There is confusion over what religions the president was raised in while living there. The subject of his religion has a lot of conflicting stories and confusion since his religious background seems to be two different religious beliefs (3 if you count Atheism) and he has lived outside of the US.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Thank you for the information about President Obama's birth certificate. I went and looked it up . I will not deny that there is racism in the US but in this case I think there is also confusion. His mother met an married an African man who would father her child (our President Barack Obama).There is confusion on whether or not she ever visited or lived in Africa with him. She then divorced and married a man who took her to live in Indonesia. There is confusion over what religions the president was raised in while living there. The subject of his religion has a lot of conflicting stories and confusion since his religious background seems to be two different religious beliefs (3 if you count Atheism) and he has lived outside of the US.
There is NO confusion about where the president was born except in the racist minds of birthers who refuse to accept the truth. Why would his mother marrying an African man have any bearing on the president being born in Hawaii? It doesn't. His birth records clearly show he was born there. Again, there is NO confusion about it. If you continue to doubt that, it makes you a birther.

And if I doubted you were a birther the rest of your post confirms it. You have very nicely absorbed all the birther talking points. He is "other" because he spent time in another country (oh, the horror! ). He also attended a Christian school while he was in Indonesia, but you never hear birthers talk about that. They only focus on the fact that he was exposed to other religions as a child besides Christianity (oh, the horror! )

Congratulations, you are a birther.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:16 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
I don't think Obama is a Muslim, but he is clearly a Muslim sympathizer.... and I believe that with every ounce of my body. He's a man in search of the love of his father who abandoned him as a child. His own mother, largely did the same thing for part of his childhood. He sees himself as a victim, and the world owes him.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
LOL

first of all let me start with i think Obama is a terrible president and an ubermistake by the American people.

Now to the question.
Does the muslim world think Obama is a muslim?
Well... in point of fact, that doesnt matter to me nearly as much as the quesiton "does Obama think he is a muslim?
The answer to that question appears to be....no...

However Mr. Obama certainly has a policy sympathy for Islam...even in its most radical forms that most Americans dont share.

To answer the question. ISIS would consider him an apostate muslim. the koran would consider him an apostate muslim.
i suspect a bunch of muslims would view him as one of them, even if that isnt true. none of that matters. Mr. Obama has stated clearly he is a christian.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:20 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I don't think Obama is a Muslim, but I do think he is a Muslim sympathizer....with every ounce of my body.
I wish I had the link/quote from the muslim cleric Choudry from England... this guy is a terrorist sympahizer and was quoted in a long article on ISIS as being very much in favor of ISIS.

He stated something along the lines that Islam requires the government provide basic living, complete healthcare and free housing for every person.

he further says that anyone who desires to enrich themselves may do so, but if not, the government is requried by islam/koran to provide these.

When I read that, I had an AHAH! moment.

Now I undersand the progressive lovefest with islam. it advances the idocy of progressism. they dont mind sacrificing actual humans to achieve the goal of complete control over the lives of the people by making everyone dependant on government.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There is NO confusion about where the president was born except in the racist minds of birthers who refuse to accept the truth. Why would his mother marrying an African man have any bearing on the president being born in Hawaii? It doesn't. His birth records clearly show he was born there. Again, there is NO confusion about it. If you continue to doubt that, it makes you a birther.

And if I doubted you were a birther the rest of your post confirms it. You have very nicely absorbed all the birther talking points. He is "other" because he spent time in another country (oh, the horror! ). He also attended a Christian school while he was in Indonesia, but you never hear birthers talk about that. They only focus on the fact that he was exposed to other religions as a child besides Christianity (oh, the horror! )

Congratulations, you are a birther.

There is confusion because he took a very long time to provide that birth certificate and some people I know still do not even know that he ever actually did provide one, so that gave plenty of time for rumors to start. And yes living in a third world country and having relatives from a third world county plus attending both a Muslim and Christian school plus having Muslim relations can lend confusion as well ... I had to look up his history because of all the conflicting comments from people on this subject. There is Plenty of confusion on this issue but I did note in my post that he was exposed to more than one religion not just Muslim.

You also did not respond to my belief that doubts about his religion not just his place of birth are because of confusion as well. Go ahead and call me any name you want what do I care? How does that help with all the confusion? And his place of birth is not even what my original post was about.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL

first of all let me start with i think Obama is a terrible president and an ubermistake by the American people.

Now to the question.
Does the muslim world think Obama is a muslim?
Well... in point of fact, that doesnt matter to me nearly as much as the quesiton "does Obama think he is a muslim?
The answer to that question appears to be....no...

However Mr. Obama certainly has a policy sympathy for Islam...even in its most radical forms that most Americans dont share.

To answer the question. ISIS would consider him an apostate muslim. the koran would consider him an apostate muslim.
i suspect a bunch of muslims would view him as one of them, even if that isnt true. none of that matters. Mr. Obama has stated clearly he is a christian.
In viewing President Obama as an apostate Muslim do you think that would that make terrorist organizations like Isis more angry at him then they would be at a Christian or Jew or less angry ?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I would say not in the slightest. Our foreign policy has not changed one iota in decades-if anything it has become crazier and there is less accountability with all these private war corporations taking up military tasks, overcharging and overstating the involvement/time needed.

The US has been terrorizing Muslim countries in the Middle East for decades. That animosity will not go away just because they perceive our President to be a Muslim.

Especially since we are still bombing the $#!t out of their women and children....
Petroldollar.

As soon as Iraq began to make noise about selling oil in currencies other than USD, a consistent faction in the background of government decided to invade Iraq and put an end to Saddam. 9/11 presented with the perfect storm to do so despite that the WTC attacks had nothing to do with Iraq or bringing democracy to Iraq.

It has been and remains in the US's interests* to keep the ME in constant turmoil. It was (poster) Micrea just the other day who framed it well when he said something along the lines of " consider the drag if/when the US banks have to retool their ATM machines to produce $1000 bills instead of $20's".

* There are of course other alternatives, raising taxes and cutting costs both of which don't go over well in a democracy and restoring the gold standard and the inherent chronic deflation, punctuated by severe depressions.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-13-2015 at 01:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies