Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,703,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
it wasn't a police dog by law, it was a police officer with a wet nose and tail. its still killing a police officer
^^this^^ killing a police dog is just like killing a police officer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:45 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,364,729 times
All the more reason that dogs need to be taken from the police. Any dog that attacks a human, other than if it's defending it's owner, should be put down. Any dog, rather owned by police or anyone else that attacks me or mine will be planted. The dogs deserve better.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:46 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,432,657 times
Every war has casualties. Some are maimed. Some are killed.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:23 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,311,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
^^this^^ killing a police dog is just like killing a police officer.
Agreed and I remember when killing a police officer was a death sentence.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:28 AM

4,670 posts, read 5,069,583 times
Since dogs are now people when are police going to be prosecuted for murdering civilian dogs?

Old 03-14-2015, 01:16 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,087,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
OP defending a child molester...pretty sad.
Separate offense.

An animal is not a human. As much as some animal lovers can not admit (for good or bad ::for you animal lovers :. We have to protect human life too.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:08 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,373,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Since dogs are now people when are police going to be prosecuted for murdering civilian dogs?
Can't rep you enough for your common sense.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:04 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,736,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Man gets 17 3/4 to 44 years in prison for killing police dog Rocco | TribLIVE

There were other charges included in this extremely long sentence, but all the uproar in the general public was about the police dog being killed.

Now I care a great deal about how animals are treated, you can call me an animal lover, but it ticks me off that people seemed to be elevating the status of this dog because he was a police dog. Some of the same people who's blood runs cold over a human being dying from an illegal choke hold, something that never needed to happen, just flipped out to the point of emotional derangement over a police dog getting killed.

Well I say those officers probably had no freaking business setting that dog on the man in the first place.

If a police dog attacked me, I would take that bleeping dog out by any means necessary to protect myself. Moreover, in this case, the man sentenced clearly has a long history of mental illness. This man should have probably been institutionalized in a setting where he could receive the kind of management necessary for his illness, however, people in this society would rather use their tax money to pay for the confinement of someone like him in prison than to exercise prevention and pay for permanent specialized housing. When a parent says they were afraid of their child and locked bedroom doors when the child is living at home, I recognize those words as a hallmark of a severe mental illness context.

This man needs to be sent to a forensic hospital setting to serve this irrational sentence the judge doled out.
There is more to it than killing the dog, he had some pretty serious charges on top of it. The guy was a violent scumbag.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:11 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,618,268 times
One of the lessons I learned in 'Nam was to kill anything that attacks me. I have not unlearned that lesson and probably never will. That is one reason I avoid travelling in dangerous places.

This criminal deserved most of his sentence but killing the dog should not have been one of the charges. Destroying government property but not killing.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
I have no problem with a sentence for killing a police dog but this story is far larger than that. This guy get a prison sentence. A police officer is allowed to kill your pet and then lie about it.

Deputy Shoots and Kills Pony; Says Horse Was Critically Injured But the Facts Don't Match - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies