Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 08:23 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
What?!!
Yeah, I was trying to figure out that post as well. A whole lot of gobbledygook.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Incest? What's the problem?
Agreed.

Quote:
Pedophilia? What's the problem?
The ability to give legal consent. Or, lack thereof.

Quote:
Who cares if you wan to marry a 12 year old girl?
Anyone who understand the concept of legal consent.

Quote:
Who cares if you want to marry your sister? What's the problem, man?
Again, agreed.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:59 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Navy Beats Down Chaplain's Appeal for Religious Freedom

Do you see what I mean about the radical, rabid, secular, homosexual left. Even when the subject is brought up, the response MUST be politically correct, even from Chaplain, or the left will seek to stifle ALL discussion. The radical homosexuals do NOT want an equal dialog on their issue. They instead want to silence all opposing viewpoints and be the only side heard.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Navy Beats Down Chaplain's Appeal for Religious Freedom

Do you see what I mean about the radical, rabid, secular, homosexual left. Even when the subject is brought up, the response MUST be politically correct, even from Chaplain, or the left will seek to stifle ALL discussion. The radical homosexuals do NOT want an equal dialog on their issue. They instead want to silence all opposing viewpoints and be the only side heard.
Sounds like the chaplain couldn't do his job. Why should anyone get special consideration for anything when doing a job that they signed up for?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:27 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sounds like the chaplain couldn't do his job. Why should anyone get special consideration for anything when doing a job that they signed up for?
Good point. I've known a number of chaplains including a military chaplain. The chaplains I know all are not only willing but fully able to offer adherents of all major and most minor religions the kind of pastoral and ritual support they may need, excepting only those for which the religion itself imposes a requirement that that support be accepted only from their own clergy. It is always about what those in need of pastoral or ritual support need - it is never about what the chaplain wants. It is never appropriate for a chaplain to abuse the chaplaincy for evangelism or proselytism.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Until an amendment to the constitution made for both, the federal government has no authority to deal with it.

Tell me when the federal government, starts issuing marriage licenses.
The Supreme Court will inform you which amendment applies to same sex marriage, just like they did with Loving v. Virginia. Remember that decision which forced Texas to allow interracial marriage. They complied with that law as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
So evidence that dates back as far as 3000 B.C. is not enough for you to see that homosexuality has ALWAYS been part of the human condition from the beginning?
Oh yeah I said I'm convinced, a cave drawing and a few dead cavemen are good for me, that's some positive evidence.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Oh yeah I said I'm convinced, a cave drawing and a few dead cavemen are good for me, that's some positive evidence.
How long do you believe homosexuality has been around?

Old 03-19-2015, 01:52 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
It is not MAN which marries the couple, but GOD.
If GOD won't marry them, then they are not married.
This is regardless of what ANY man-made law says.
Just like if GOD marries a couple, He doesn't need man's court
to sanction it.
So, if they want to think they are married, that's to their own
making, and they will be held accountable for it before GOD.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
It is not MAN which marries the couple, but GOD.
If GOD won't marry them, then they are not married.
This is regardless of what ANY man-made law says.
Just like if GOD marries a couple, He doesn't need man's court
to sanction it.
So, if they want to think they are married, that's to their own
making, and they will be held accountable for it before GOD.
Is that why there's an actual human that is standing before a couple giving them the marriage ditty, not some blank space or swirling mist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies