Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Kind of hard to say she broke a law that didnt exist"

Maybe you should start with post #1 and catch up.

This might help but, I doubt you will read it even though it HAS been discussed MANY times in this thread.

"The State Department has had a policy in place since 2005 to warn officials against routine use of personal email accounts for government work, a regulation in force during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state that appears to be at odds with her reliance on a private email for agency business, POLITICO has learned."

The policy, detailed in a manual for agency employees, adds clarity to an issue at the center of a growing controversy over Clinton’s reliance on a private email account.

Read more: Clinton private email violated 'clear-cut' State Dept. rules - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO
You should probably read what you actually linked me to

Quote:
Sensitive but unclassified (SBU) information is information that is not classified
for national security reasons, but that warrants/requires administrative control
and protection from public or other unauthorized disclosure for other reasons.
SBU should meet one or more of the criteria for exemption from public
disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (which also exempts
information protected under other statutes), 5..........

(here it list what can be classified as an SBU)

12 FAM 544 SBU HANDLING PROCEDURES
(CTS-117; 11-04-2005)
a. Regardless of method, the handling, processing, transmission and/or storage of
SBU information should be effected through means that limit the potential for
unauthorized disclosure
By your own link(or rather the OP's), Hillary did nothing wrong.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary already stated she didnt email classified info, which was part of my point.
so she lied

ANYTHING she discusses(emails) with an ambassador or embassy personnel, or pertaining to troop movement, security, SCHEDULES , training metrics, is considered to be classified

so either she lied....or she never properly (competently ) did her job as Sec of State

Old 03-15-2015, 03:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Aides to Bush said Saturday that none of the e-mails contained sensitive or classified information

That standard was good enough for Hillary, so you should be Ok with Bush doing it right? Why get your panties in a wad over this, or is it just another excuse to pull out the lame, tired "well Bush did..." card liberals have been beating to death for years?

Old 03-15-2015, 03:32 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Was this violating any existing law at that time?

Don't know why you're getting too worried about it. I don't believe Jeb will be the Republican nominee.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So the OPs point is that Jeb Bush is in the same order of magnitude of corruption, incompetence, bad judgement and deceit as Hillary Clinton. I won't argue with that. I don't think anyone with half a brain would consider either of them presidential material.
There is no comparison between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.

Jeb was a highly successful businessman on his, not in family related businesses and then he was a two term chief executive for a state.

Hillary got a job at a top law firm because her husband was attorney general of the state. Hillary made partner when her husband became governor. She was put on the boards at Walmart & Tyson Foods because her husband was governor. She led no notable cases at Rose. She moved to a state she had never lived in in her life to pick up an easy Senate seat based on her last name and then when she couldn't win her party's nomination for president she was given a job she was clearly unqualified for.

So no, they are not the same.

Quote:
Hillary already stated she didnt email classified info, which was part of my point.
Well Hillary said she didn't then that is that because she NEVER lies.

Hillary's Rose Law Firm Career a Sign of What Was to Come?

Old 03-15-2015, 05:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
By your own link(or rather the OP's), Hillary did nothing wrong.
I actually defending Hillary on this issue, (which almost made me puke), but didnt Obama establish a policy requiring all employees to use .gov addresses?

Even if she did nothing wrong, the lack of Obama being able to enforce such a rule of his own cabinet members says more about his incompetence, than anything else.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
The fact is there are a lot better reasons to vote against both of them. Starting with policy in the ME.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Im not a Republican, but I'd love to see Hillary and Jeb out of the race. The only thing thats surprising is they dont find a way to run together. They are essentially the same person.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:27 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Bush/ Clinton both took their servers home with them.
Bush took it home with him after he left office, Hillary was running it from her home. Neither practice should be condoned but there is a significant difference there.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe some of the email she was sending would not at the very least be sensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies