Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 02:58 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think that is understated.
There's your problem.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Do you mean the yearly contributions? You mean the 1.45%
How much do the 65 million Medicaid/CHIP recipients pay for their health care coverage each year?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Truth hurts, but I posted the links. I know I'm not telling you anything you didn't know already.
So the US is going to spend $1.17tril this year for drug (Part D) coverage only.

Nope.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So the US is going to spend $1.17tril this year for drug (Part D) coverage only.

Nope.
You really want to ignore reality don't you?

1. No, but that amount is what was added to the budget as a result of it passing. It was unfunded, no one had paid into it and it was given to you. You make a tiny donation, however it would not come close to paying for something like chemotherapy.

2. I said chemotherapy. So your response will be, hello, chemotherapy! Except you have no sympathy for anyone else that would need chemotherapy. It's all about you.

3. With the passing of that bill, Republicans insisted there be no price negotiation and no cost containment on the drugs. They were buying off the drug companies. They knew Democrats wanted cost containment. But for Medicare recipients, it's always the Amex Black, right?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:

1. No, but that amount is what was added to the budget as a result of it passing. It was unfunded, no one had paid into it and it was given to you. You make a tiny donation, however it would not come close to paying for something like chemotherapy.

2. I said chemotherapy. So your response will be, hello, chemotherapy! Except you have no sympathy for anyone else that would need chemotherapy. It's all about you.

3. With the passing of that bill, Republicans insisted there be no price negotiation and no cost containment on the drugs. They were buying off the drug companies. They knew Democrats wanted cost containment. But for Medicare recipients, it's always the Amex Black, right?
Chemotherapy isn't covered under Medicare Part D.

How much is that individual tiny donation?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
They did, and it does!

I know I'm the odd duck!

<LOL>
Actually, the net result in our office is zero; some things go faster, some take more time.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

There you go again!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Chemotherapy isn't covered under Medicare Part D.

How much is that individual tiny donation?
You're right, chemotherapy is paid by Medicare (inpatient) or Medicare Part B (outpatient) which is funded 75% by federal dollars.

If a couple filing jointly makes $170K or less they pay their plan premium which is $0 to $50 per month with typically a $325. deductible.

Of course you know this. You must think $0 to $50 a month is a lot of money and therefore you deserve it. How...surprising. Just like when Medicare began, the initial recipients paid nothing. By virtue of their age, they received the free benefits. And just like then, this was not funded, you just get to pay the copay and you get the benefit.

I saw exactly zero protesters against the passing of Medicare Part D.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
You're right, chemotherapy is paid by Medicare (inpatient) or Medicare Part B (outpatient) which is funded 75% by federal dollars.

If a couple filing jointly makes $170K or less they pay their plan premium which is $0 to $50 per month with typically a $325. deductible.

Of course you know this. You must think $0 to $50 a month is a lot of money and therefore you deserve it. How...surprising. Just like when Medicare began, the initial recipients paid nothing. By virtue of their age, they received the free benefits. And just like then, this was not funded, you just get to pay the copay and you get the benefit.

I saw exactly zero protesters against the passing of Medicare Part D.
What about that chemotherapy? You didn't answer that part. Ah, you answered that. Still knocks a big hole in your posting. Like -hello chemotherapy? Hmmm.

According to Medicare the average monthly Part D premium is $33 plus deductible. Some plans can cost more ($100 or so more). That is a small (very) part of what Medicare premiums, coinsurance and copays can be for a participant. For many retirees $700+ a year is a good chunk of change. And could be more than $1400 for a couple.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
What about that chemotherapy? You didn't answer that part. Ah, you answered that. Still knocks a big hole in your posting. Like -hello chemotherapy? Hmmm.

According to Medicare the average monthly Part D premium is $33 plus deductible. Some plans can cost more ($100 or so more). That is a small (very) part of what Medicare premiums, coinsurance and copays can be for a participant. For many retirees $700+ a year is a good chunk of change. And could be more than $1400 for a couple.
Excuse me, you can't see chemotherapy in your own quote?

Some plans have zero copay, it depends. Medicare Part D added $1.17 Trillion. Clearly it was not paid for and represented a substantial cost to taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies