Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 08:31 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I just hope us old timers get another Social Security raise this year. Golf is getting more and more expensive every year. With my new knees, I can play twice a week. Life is good.
With such low inflation forget about it!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:41 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I just hope us old timers get another Social Security raise this year. Golf is getting more and more expensive every year. With my new knees, I can play twice a week. Life is good.
Ahahahahahaha. Good luck on those knees. I might just take up golf too!

Old 03-21-2015, 09:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think all that needs to be done is to cut out the illegals benefits. Or at least their Medicare & Medicaid that they shouldn't even be getting. "Last year, the OIG revealed that from 2009 to 2011, Medicare payments to health care providers for services rendered to illegal aliens totaled more than $91.6 million."

There's a heck of a lot more of them over here now, and more coming in every day. There's no telling what the dollar amount will be from 2011-2014. They can even file and get thousands more from " illegal dependents" who have never stepped foot in America.

I think we need to worry about this before we start cutting benefits from people who have lived and worked their whole lives here!
That's some very disingenous and flim-flam accounting there.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think all that needs to be done is to cut out the illegals benefits. Or at least their Medicare & Medicaid that they shouldn't even be getting. "Last year, the OIG revealed that from 2009 to 2011, Medicare payments to health care providers for services rendered to illegal aliens totaled more than $91.6 million."

There's a heck of a lot more of them over here now, and more coming in every day. There's no telling what the dollar amount will be from 2011-2014. They can even file and get thousands more from " illegal dependents" who have never stepped foot in America.

I think we need to worry about this before we start cutting benefits from people who have lived and worked their whole lives here!
Anyone have a link to a government source of ^ information?

As an aside, illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's. Doing nothing for 30 years is no accident and resulted in defacto amnesty. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority. It peaked in 2006 with the housing bubble.

There is no shortage of past and present Governors who want to be nominated in 2016. Not one of them has used their muscle to made e- Verify for all employees the law in their state. Why is this?

No fence is high enough or patrols deep enough to make a dent in illegal immigration without getting to the root cause, employment of undocumented immigrants.

I digress.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You have two ways to go: huge tax increases or hyperinflation as in Germany between the wars.
You don't understand economics. Germany had hyperinflation because they owed reparations to other countries. Money printing alone does not cause hyperinflation.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You don't understand economics. Germany had hyperinflation because they owed reparations to other countries. Money printing alone does not cause hyperinflation.
And Germany's production capacity was devastated!

Old 03-21-2015, 11:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
And Germany's production capacity was devastated!
Either way, the reason Germany hyperinflated was the fact that they owed other countries.

Hyperinflation is not a consequence of money printing; it is a consequence of breach in political stability - war, famine, or revolution.

People need to brush up on economics.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No I didn't.No, I didn't.Yes, I do. You hate white people. Therefore you are a racist. You hate old people. Therefore you are ageist. You make things up. Therefore you are lying.

So what? Seniors have paid taxes all their lives to support welfare programs, including Medicaid. Why shouldn't they benefit from them?

You young people are spoiled and lazy, and now that you have nothing to show for your college studies of wymon's poetry or deconstructing colonial memes or whatever, you are all angry that other people who were productive and paid into the system are benefiting from that.

Boo hoo, too bad.

Enjoy living in mama's basement for as long as she'll put up with you.

You obviously come from the generation of kids with helicopter parents, the generation of boomerang kids, the generation of kids that use college loans as an extended welfare program. The most spoiled, self-entitled, worthless generation in history.

I'm glad that you are going to be feeling the results of your liberal policies of importing poverty and terrorism into this country and taxing productive businesses and people out of it.

You have two ways to go: huge tax increases or hyperinflation as in Germany between the wars.

Then add race war into the mix. Enjoy!
1. I hate white people? I'm as white as it gets. You're grasping at straws.
2. Seniors have not paid commiserate to what they've taken and are taking out. Medicare even covered couples when only one worked. Medicare was unfunded. You know this.
3. I have a family and a mortgage of my own. I don't need your money and I don't use Obamacare. But since you care only about yourselves, I don't need to fund you either. I've worked since I was 16. I self-funded college. I worked full time through college and have worked full time since 17. I never took a single penny from my parents but I did lend them many thousands of dollars. My father was military. No coddling here.

If it makes you feel better to attack someone who points out the greediness of seniors and their hypocrisy toward "welfare" programs like Medicare Part D which has cost the country a fortune and was not passed with no funding whatsoever, do it. But as someone that owes you nothing and pays for my own family, know that the gravy train is ending. That's all. If seniors want to make an enemy of those younger than they are, they do so at their own peril. Our wallets are closing and even the Republican leadership agrees.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:22 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
2. Seniors have not paid commiserate to what they've taken and are taking out.
They've paid much more than Medicaid recipients, who pay nothing at all. Get rid of Medicaid/CHIP, first. They've taken the most while having paid the least.
Quote:
3. I have a family and a mortgage of my own.
Are your kids in public school? If so, you're not paying commensurate to the cost of your kids' education. Your family is taking more than you've paid. So, other people have to pay to make up for your shortfall. See how that works?
Quote:
If it makes you feel better to attack someone who points out the greediness of seniors and their hypocrisy toward "welfare" programs like Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D isn't welfare. Seniors have to pay premiums and co-pays for it just like any other insurance.

Quote:
But as someone that owes you nothing and pays for my own family
You don't pay for your family. If your kids are in public school, you're failing to pay adequately for their education.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They've paid much more than Medicaid recipients, who pay nothing at all. Get rid of Medicaid/CHIP, first. They've taken the most while having paid the least.
Are your kids in public school? If so, you're not paying commensurate to the cost of your kids' education. Your family is taking more than you've paid. So, other people have to pay to make up for your shortfall. See how that works?
Medicare Part D isn't welfare. Seniors have to pay premiums and co-pays for it just like any other insurance.

You don't pay for your family. If your kids are in public school, you're failing to pay adequately for their education.
As I've said - again - I would be happy to cover my own children's education. They are my children.

Medicare Part D was not funded. You pay a small copay but as has been noted for the past ten years, Medicare participants don't pay anywhere near what Medicare Part D costs.

Medicare participants didn't pay enough. Their costs are going to go up. And Medicare will be privatized. And you can have Medicaid too. Just know seniors will be greatly affected when Medicaid is gone. I don't participate in any of these programs, you can have it all. I'll just cover my children's education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies