Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:07 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Many white people have been doing just that for decades. More to the point, what I was saying is that you cannot have it both ways. On one hand people are always talking about the high rate of violence in the black community and on the other hand saying that when this violence touches whites it should be seen as racially motivated.
So to summarize....

Blacks getting arrested more or have a run-in with a white cop is racism.

Black beating up a white gal....well, that's not racism, it's just a really violent area you know, one with lots of crimes and arrests.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I would imagine the threats and whatnot they are getting from the community would definitely encourage them to come forward and apologize.

Going to go out on a limb and wonder how a girl that age get's PTSD? It would pretty much have to be some bad child abuse.

Well, at least the family is blameless and the PTSD fairy just sprinkled it on her one night by accident.

Felony charge against the girl, her friends should be facing charges for mob violence.

Anyway, if you don't mind I was going to wander over to the thread about how higher suspensions etc. for black students is only because of racism and no other reason.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:31 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So to summarize....

Blacks getting arrested more or have a run-in with a white cop is racism.

Black beating up a white gal....well, that's not racism, it's just a really violent area you know, one with lots of crimes and arrests.

I never said that any incident with a cop was racist. Are you talking about what black people have said or what I have said? My position on the use of force, by police, is that it is excessive, regardless of race. I have a problem with the police not retreating when they cannot handle a situation without the use of deadly force....I do not care if the victim is white or black. Police have a licence to kill and that license to kill disproportionately impacts on black people. Also, it has been demonstrated that in split second decision making situations, people have a greater propensity to shoot and kill blacks than whites. However true those statistics may be, such is NOT evidence of what motivated the cops in Ferguson or NY. One cannot read minds.

Don't assume that other peoples position and argument is mine.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I would imagine the threats and whatnot they are getting from the community would definitely encourage them to come forward and apologize.

Going to go out on a limb and wonder how a girl that age get's PTSD? It would pretty much have to be some bad child abuse.

Well, at least the family is blameless and the PTSD fairy just sprinkled it on her one night by accident.

Felony charge against the girl, her friends should be facing charges for mob violence.

Anyway, if you don't mind I was going to wander over to the thread about how higher suspensions etc. for black students is only because of racism and no other reason.
LOL.....yeah....you know....black folks have no morals....unless threatened. It's amazing you assume a lack of integrity from the parents. I do not know about the mom....but I definitely believe that the grand mother is contrite. She looks like one of those old fashioned grand ma's.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
If that's true.....then that WOULD make it a racially motivated crime. However, as a general rule, whites being victim of black crime should not get special attention from the media....as people often suggest. I would like to know the motives of the attacker, not the comments of the on lookers.....some who arrived late to the attack. Obviously something was already going down and then it attracted the crowd and the person filming.
If we're gonna go there: how about NO additional media attention over white on Black crimes?

Old 03-18-2015, 04:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You can not have it both ways, IS. While you acknowledge "the high rate of violence in the black community" you have numerous times claimed racism by people who fear, or at a minimum seek to avoid, the residents of the "black community".
It ain't just white people being scared of at least young Black dudes: many Black men are ALSO scared of their younger "bros" too. This happened over 20 years ago to Jesse Jackson, THE Jesse Jackson. That's just despicable that HE needs to be afraid of other Black dudes, NOT white dudes.

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in "In America; A Sea Change On Crime" by Bob Herbert, 12 December 1993, New York Times.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
LOL.....yeah....you know....black folks have no morals....unless threatened. It's amazing you assume a lack of integrity from the parents. I do not know about the mom....but I definitely believe that the grand mother is contrite. She looks like one of those old fashioned grand ma's.
Great strawman there....hmmm....not touching how a 14yo girl has PTSD?

Oh and btw...it's not PARENTS it's PARENT.

I'm guessing that dad is in jail for child abuse (hint: PTSD didn't come from her tour in Iraq).

You are right, I should applaud the parents after they watched the video and still didn't claim that their daughter was racistly framed, the brass knuckles were planted and that the white girl had called her the n-word.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Police have a licence to kill and that license to kill disproportionately impacts on black people.
....and you just excused the assault on this girl because black violence is just prevalent....so it couldn't be racism, just your normal beat down by a 14yo girl with brass knuckles.

Hmmmmm.....disproportionate violence.....then the disproportionate police response is of course racist!

You might want to think harder on that topic.

For the record, the root of the problem lies in racism which lead to poverty which lead to crime. It has nothing to do with pigmentation.

However, we have racist morons claiming that blacks commit crime because they are black.
And we have racist morons claiming blacks are somehow immune to poverty and their higher rates of criminal incarceration are just because they are black.

No, it's because they are POOR....because of historical racism.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:07 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The decent Black dudes and ladies would agree with you 100 percent, the hood rats will try to pull the "race" card", which doesn't work with most people in 2015.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Ferguson down?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:38 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The decent Black dudes and ladies would agree with you 100 percent, the hood rats will try to pull the "race" card", which doesn't work with most people in 2015.
Exactly. I know tons of law abiding black people and they don't pull the race card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies