Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:19 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times

Advertisements

Gone after a week. If someone in the Obama Administration came up with the idea, there would have a few billion dollars budget [increased 12% a year], a few thousand employees to keep it going until the end of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 AM

709 posts, read 656,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I did too. I did a search and it came up on several sites. This man definitely lives in an Ivory Tower.
Racist.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
I don't watch NASCAR so I really have no opinion on race relations.

Anyways, why are ALL Dunkin Donuts in Philadelphia and for miles around staffed by Indians (from India)? I have read Indians have shaped the corporate culture of that company, but why Indians?

And please, don't pick on Schulz for being a Jew. You all do realize that a lot of liberal ideas were born from Judaism, don't you? It's only natural for Jews to be liberals. I know Israel has seemed to have a better relationship with Republicans than Democrats lately, but I feel Republicans are baiting the Israelis (who probably have no idea many Republicans are evangelicals who believe all others, Jews included, are headed for a lake of fire). American Jews are smart enough to not accept Republican elephant sh1t.
Seriously? You've decided that Republicans are baiting the Israelis because non-Christians are going to hell? But the Democrats, who want Israel give up its defensive zone, publicly criticized Israel's interception of the "freedom flotilla" carrying rockets, and refuse to classify the organization conducting suicide bombings and rocket attacks on civilian populations as terrorists, are actually the ones who have a better relationship with Israel?

Come on now. Is this really and truly what you believe? You believe the party that wants to ensure Israel's security, develop closer ties, continue foreign aid, and ally against organizations seeking Israel's destruction, are secretly Israel's enemies but the party that opposes all of that is really the best place for Jews to place their loyalty?

And this is all based on some half baked idea that the New Testament says Jews will not go heaven?

Do you really expect anybody with even a quarter of a brain to believe that?

Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree -- it is absurd that food stamps can be used like this. Don't blame the poor though. They aren't the ones who lobbied for this change. The fast food industry did. SNAP doesn't exist because poor people have so much political power and clot that they demand to be fed for free... it exists because the food industry demands to be subsidized by the government.
You forgot the part about it apparently being only the Starbucks located within grocery stores. Anything cold can be purchased except alcohol. Wether you agree or not it's completely legal. What's the difference between me buying a bakery item and a coffee drink out of the cooler? The article only mentions Oregon so I have no idea if its possible anywhere else. I've never seen any signs in Starbucks in NC however I usually just frequent corporate stand alone stores.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They're supposed to write a number of things on the coffee cups, " Race" is just one of them. The others include:
" Sex"
" Guns"
" Gay"
" Taxes"
" Warming"
" Isis"
" Religion"
" Fat"
" Economy"
They're supposed to pick one depending on the customer and the likelihood of eliciting a response.
I wonder if they actually give that one to overweight customers.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,406,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Seriously? You've decided that Republicans are baiting the Israelis because non-Christians are going to hell? But the Democrats, who want Israel give up its defensive zone, publicly criticized Israel's interception of the "freedom flotilla" carrying rockets, and refuse to classify the organization conducting suicide bombings and rocket attacks on civilian populations as terrorists, are actually the ones who have a better relationship with Israel?

Come on now. Is this really and truly what you believe? You believe the party that wants to ensure Israel's security, develop closer ties, continue foreign aid, and ally against organizations seeking Israel's destruction, are secretly Israel's enemies but the party that opposes all of that is really the best place for Jews to place their loyalty?

And this is all based on some half baked idea that the New Testament says Jews will not go heaven?

Do you really expect anybody with even a quarter of a brain to believe that?
I don't disagree with most of your opinions above, but to simplify a complicated discussion, I must say that both the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is perhaps the most complicated topic of debate in the world today, and the American two-party system is perhaps the most complicated political arrangement that a nation could have.

So, considering both of the above, Jews (both in America and Israel and everywhere in between) have to be very careful of the alliances they choose or not choose. While supporting the more conservative party in the US (in today's case the Republican Party, but the Democratic Party was once conservative) may be better for Israel, it's only fair that American Jews support the liberal party in their home country, as it is much more compatible with their beliefs. And remember, the overwhelming majority of American Jews are Ashkenazi Jews (Jews who lived in Europe, excluding Spain and Portugal) for centuries, but Israel is made up of Jews of all branches... Ashkenazi and all others. So the culture of American Jews is very different from Israeli culture. And believe me when I say many (not all, but many) Republicans are anti-Semitic, not necessarily in agreement with Nazism, but opposed to Jews on religious grounds (and this extends way beyond mere disagreement with Judaism itself). I know this partly because I have distant family members who are like this. And they still would support Israel in a war against the Arab world/Muslim world, but only because they hate Muslims even more than they hate Jews. And don't forget that there ARE Christians in Israel today who have deep roots there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies