Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times

Advertisements

Shortly before this week’s election, the United States informed its diplomatic partners that it would hold off any moves in the U.N. Security Council designed to put Israel on the spot at the United Nations in the event that Netanyahu’s challenger, Isaac Herzog, won the election. But U.S. officials signaled a willingness to consider a U.N. resolution in the event that Netanyahu was re-elected and formed a coalition government opposed to peace talks. The United States has not yet circulated a draft, but diplomats say Washington has set some red lines and is unwilling to agree to set a fixed deadline for political talks to conclude.

Seriously, no one is concerned over any red lines Obama sets.

From Tel Aviv to Turtle Bay | Foreign Policy

Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Shortly before this week’s election, the United States informed its diplomatic partners that it would hold off any moves in the U.N. Security Council designed to put Israel on the spot at the United Nations in the event that Netanyahu’s challenger, Isaac Herzog, won the election. But U.S. officials signaled a willingness to consider a U.N. resolution in the event that Netanyahu was re-elected and formed a coalition government opposed to peace talks. The United States has not yet circulated a draft, but diplomats say Washington has set some red lines and is unwilling to agree to set a fixed deadline for political talks to conclude.

Seriously, no one is concerned over any red lines Obama sets.

From Tel Aviv to Turtle Bay | Foreign Policy
I actually expected this much to happen when Barry didn't get his way on the elections. Though it is funny about the red line.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:26 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,514,994 times
That didn't take long.

The Narcissist in Chief strikes back:

U.S. support for Israel at the U.N. is in jeopardy, White House says - LA Times

Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
That didn't take long.

Yes,I was just reading about that and this. I knew he would use the UN as punishment. I bet he would basically let the UN draft up resolutions against Israel and just step aside

White House scolds Netanahu for divisive election tactics - NY Daily News

Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,473,888 times
Quote:
That didn't take long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Yes,I was just reading about that and this. I knew he would use the UN as punishment. I bet he would basically let the UN draft up resolutions against Israel and just step aside

So, it is official then. The Democrats are finally showing their true colors and coming out openly and aggressively against Israel.

This should be interesting.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,514,994 times
Quote:

He's so red with rage, he's insuring an avalanche of money from Jews worldwide into the Republican Party.

Defending a tiny self and gigantic ego creates scorched earth for Leftists for the next couple decades.

It's hilarious.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
He's so red with rage, he's insuring an avalanche of money from Jews worldwide into the Republican Party.

Defending a tiny self and gigantic ego creates scorched earth for Leftists for the next couple decades.

It's hilarious.
Yes I was basically laughing at how he is acting. What I found funny as well is that so many other world leaders have congratulated Bibi but Obama said he will in the coming days lol

Old 03-18-2015, 10:53 PM

17,350 posts, read 9,180,345 times
Quote:

First ...... none of these TeamObama threats are "funny". They have been dropping hints all day about their "change" in Israel policy as a result of the election.

TeamObama is not just talking about abstaining on UN Resolutions that would IMPOSE a 2 State Solution on Israel ...... they are sending minions out to say that the USA will actually draft such a resolution and that they are in negotiations with France on the wording. There is also talk of the ICC court. Read that Foreign Policy Article several times. It's chilling.

Of course, if Netanyahu is not selected to be the new Prime Minister of Israel - none of this will be necessary. The Democrats in Congress are concerned and want Obama to get over his Snit and War with Netanyahu. They should be concerned. President Stompy-Foot is totally Out of Control.

The ramifications could be not just extensive - but historic. What a Legacy, a legacy of Infamy.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
First ...... none of these TeamObama threats are "funny". They have been dropping hints all day about their "change" in Israel policy as a result of the election.

TeamObama is not just talking about abstaining on UN Resolutions that would IMPOSE a 2 State Solution on Israel ...... they are sending minions out to say that the USA will actually draft such a resolution and that they are in negotiations with France on the wording. There is also talk of the ICC court. Read that Foreign Policy Article several times. It's chilling.

Of course, if Netanyahu is not selected to be the new Prime Minister of Israel - none of this will be necessary. The Democrats in Congress are concerned and want Obama to get over his Snit and War with Netanyahu. They should be concerned. President Stompy-Foot is totally Out of Control.

The ramifications could be not just extensive - but historic. What a Legacy, a legacy of Infamy.
Yea I saw those threats in a couple articles now. I fully expected Barry to do those very things because after he is desperate for a legacy. How far he is willing to go is quite troubling to say the least.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,579,091 times
Ohhhhhhh know I understand. That red line Onumbnuts was talking about with regards to Syria was actually meant for Israel. He must have been confused, probably still trying to figure out where the extra seven states are at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies