Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,551,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
no way we should let punks like Iran bully us around. The US don't run from a fight, we will not back down and retreat. Time to show them what American might is all about.
AHA! Another Special Forces heard from. Your right. Send us a postcard and snapshots of you in Iran, telling the Ayatollah a thing or two.

I wonder what appendage or body part they would cut off of you for being a Dick like Cheney I can guess....

I think the whole World now knows what America is about, after 8 years of Bush.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 PM

259 posts, read 178,259 times
I'm only more convinced that the only thing that will teach the right wingers in this thread any manners is to suffer the similar fate to what the "good Germans" suffered in 1945. Apparently bluster, bravado, and narcissism don't die down for all of us as we reach adulthood.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,457,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I was "over there", more than once. Were you?

And another with his head in the sand.
Cool story, bro.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:11 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,420,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...let's oblige them. Then we can end up in yet another quagmire that'll cost us trillions of dollars, thousands of troop's lives, and we'll STILL lose in the end.

Real smart there buddy. Genius.

Air strikes would be the same as total war. Iran can't be defeated or even subdued by an air campaign. Boots must go on the ground if you hit them from the air. That's war.

So yes...even YOU want a full blown war with Iran. You're just hiding your desire for such a war with that "strictly air" nonsense.
Air strikes aren't suffient for ISIS, you're attempting to defeat actual people, my "non-sense", which would be strictly aimed at the Iranian nuclear facilities. So if you're attempting to bomb their nuclear plants, why exactly are troops needed for that? Please explain.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:13 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,277,733 times
And yet they still scare you.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 AM

56,994 posts, read 25,968,841 times
Quote:
I'm past the enlistment age, but we have plenty of brave young men willing to take the fight to them. A hundred Chris Kyles should do the job. Send these lunatics back to the stone age, oh wait, too late, they already are.
This fight is not worth it, the last wars were fought by less than 1% of the nation and many of them served several tours because no one else had an interest. Old men in 3 piece suits start wars but it's 19 year olds that sacrifice their lives. You think this is worth while then ask congress to put the draft back in place if Iran is that serious a threat, see how many congressmen vote for that.

We had enough of war the last 10 years and it really has only made the world more unstable, time to try a different approach.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,653,270 times
Quote:
I'm past the enlistment age, but we have plenty of brave young men willing to take the fight to them. A hundred Chris Kyles should do the job. Send these lunatics back to the stone age, oh wait, too late, they already are.
How convenient. I just love guys who call for war when they know they themselves don't have to fight.

Last edited by Seacove; 03-20-2015 at 07:41 AM..

Old 03-20-2015, 07:37 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,883,009 times
Quote:
Don't worry, that's all arbitrary. Something tells me that you wouldn't fight anyway even if you were of age. But this is YOUR fight, get out there! I'd buy your one-way plane ticket, and I'm sure others would do the same if we could send you and all that think like you to that HELLISH region for good since you are so desperate to fight for it.

That sure would be a sight I'd LOVE to see. You, Cheney, Kissinger, Rumsfield, Obama, Biden, McCain, Bush on the front line. LOL!!!

But don't you dare assume that OUR men and women in the armed forces will be used and abused anymore. You are nothing but a war-monger and one too spineless to fight your own battle. Pathetic.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,441,085 times
Quote:
Whatever Blackwater is calling itself this month may well have openings for security guys to get posted to the mideast. Age requirements are a lot looser for mercenaries.

Check it out:

Blackwater Jobs

Carry on.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,653,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Whatever Blackwater is calling itself this month may well have openings for security guys to get posted to the mideast. Age requirements are a lot looser for mercenaries.

Check it out:

Blackwater Jobs

Carry on.

Blackwater (today) cannot wait for another war. Republicans will make deals right and left for the war profiteering. The budget proposal is just the beginning. When Bush's Iraq War got started, they literally were delivering pallets of cash. Pallets of money! And can you imagine? It disappeared! No Republican anguish over that at all.

Missing Iraq money may be as much as $18 billion

NY Fed's $40 Billion Iraqi Money Trail

"Beginning in the very earliest days of the war in Iraq, the New York Federal Reserve shipped billions of dollars in physical cash to Baghdad to pay for the reopening of the government and restoration of basic services.
The money was packed onto pallets inside a heavily guarded New York Federal Reserve compound in East Rutherford, New Jersey, trucked to Andrews Air Force Base outside of Washington, and flown by military aircraft to Baghdad International Airport.
By one account, the New York Fed shipped about $40 billion in cash between 2003 and 2008. In just the first two years, the shipments included more than 281 million individual bills weighing a total of 363 tons. But soon after the money arrived in the chaos of war-torn Baghdad, the paper trail documenting who controlled it all began to go cold."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies