U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 08:37 PM

3,118 posts, read 4,290,191 times

Advertisements

I'm so sick of our corrupt justice system that has our prisons overfilled with inmates because of BS laws that make no logical sense. I don't understand how you can tri a child as an adult and put them in life for their whole lives just to try to "be tough". Either they are kids or adults. According to their logic, you should be able to try adults as kids also. According to their logic they should have had the right to smoke and drink legally. I mean imagine making a mistake as a kid under 18 and spending your entire life in prison. What a waste! They should totally eliminate the distinction between child and adult if this is the case and let any kid drink, smoke, and drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 08:44 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,245,247 times
Actually you can be tried as a juvenile when you are an adult.

When Michael Skakel was arraigned for the murder of Martha Moxley it was in juvenile court. He was 40 years old at the time.

The case was later moved to adult court because the judge ruled that it was likely that Skakel would have been charged in adult court in 1975.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:58 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,887,740 times
Maybe if they are mentally retarded they should be charged as kids. Otherwise, I am not sure I understand you point. Cheers.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:10 PM

33,255 posts, read 20,087,069 times
well, In criminal trials, the insanity defense is the claim that the defendant is not responsible for his or her actions during a mental health episode .

can always try that.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:12 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,212,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I'm so sick of our corrupt justice system that has our prisons overfilled with inmates because of BS laws that make no logical sense. I don't understand how you can tri a child as an adult and put them in life for their whole lives just to try to "be tough". Either they are kids or adults. According to their logic, you should be able to try adults as kids also. According to their logic they should have had the right to smoke and drink legally. I mean imagine making a mistake as a kid under 18 and spending your entire life in prison. What a waste! They should totally eliminate the distinction between child and adult if this is the case and let any kid drink, smoke, and drive.

So murdering someone at the age of 14 is merely a "mistake"? Okay

Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 PM

12,247 posts, read 17,989,797 times
Im not defending kids who kill. But I do know that there are more factors to look at if a 14 year old kill someone.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 PM

16,444 posts, read 16,545,301 times
Some of these KIDDIES have done horrific and nightmarish crimes.

Weepy and cryee about KIDDIES being tried as adults..............ummm, some of these KIDDIES have done things that should cause them to have their necks stretched about 8 - 12 inches.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:19 PM

12,247 posts, read 17,989,797 times
You are born a sociopath. For sociopath kids there is no hope.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:55 PM

32,451 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
in other words you want a pantywaist judicial system where children under the age of 18 can commit the most heinous of crimes, murder, etc. and just spend a few years in juvenile hall? sorry but if someone has the fortitude to pull the trigger of a gun, or stab someone with a knife, and take their life with premeditation, they belong behind bars for the rest of their life.

commit adult crimes, and do adult time.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:56 PM

156 posts, read 135,314 times
I don't believe there is an action made by a child that isn't caused by the violent, atrocious, highly unaccountable world created and amplified by adults. Kids are born innocent but they will have to pay the price for a social, legal, and educational system that will undoubtedly fail them and punish them for reflecting the world around them. Ignorance is so thick amongst adults that they think children should be killed for killing and in the same breath wonder why the children kill. Locking a child away for life is the same action of uncontrolled emotion, unmerciful behavior and lack of insight that the said "child" is being judged on. The focus of justice is based on the ability to be impartial so the punishment should be based on the person not the crime or the pain the crime created. Cataloging punishments according to the crimes is the absolute removal of the ability to be impartial. Therefore no justice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or