Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:20 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,441,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Lots of information on the Millennial generation for those of you who are inclined to do your own research. I'm not here to hold your hand. But I will point you to www.google.com.
Ok, we will interpret that as "I got nothin."

You're making the claim, so it's incumbent upon you to show real evidence if you want to be taken seriously.

Personally, I think this is an individual case of a corrupt politician, and it is hardly a new phenomenon. But I appreciate that had it been a Democrat, conservatives would have been saying that it proves all Democrats are criminals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 AM

13,924 posts, read 5,612,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I made a living at one time catching expense report cheats amongst other corporate investigative duties . Many a middle level managers and a few executives found their careers sidelined and few ended up in jail.
That's what I do for a living as well. My job is to tell businesses what they don't know about their own business. I excel at telling companies things about themselves they'd rather not know. There's no hiding from the data though, and the good CEOs who hire me to tell them stories understand that.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Do you have any actual information indicating that this behavior is more common now than it was fifty, or a hundred and fifty, years ago? Or are you taking a single case of a corrupt person whose background you aren't familiar with, and extrapolating your imaginary psychoanalysis to an entire generation of people?
At some point in time, most people start complaining about the younger generation and think the country is going to hell in a handbag.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,133,308 times
Quote:
It's pretty simple really. Schock was 27 years old when elected to office. His actions are absolutely greedy, but most likely are the result of a generation of babies being given "participation trophies" and feeling entitled to stuff that they didn't earn.

Let's hope that the Millennials can put someone out there that actually knows what hard work, earning what you have, and ethics actually means. Otherwise, we're doomed. Schock's demise is unfortunately not unexpected given what we already know about this generation.
Blaming it on being a Millenial? How broad and deflective is that? Most think he's just another greedy, closeted Conservative with no purpose and a tendency to quit.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Blaming it on being a Millenial? How broad and deflective is that? Most think he's just another greedy, closeted Conservative with no purpose and a tendency to quit.
Corruption is as bipartisan as it gets.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Do you have any actual information indicating that this behavior is more common now than it was fifty, or a hundred and fifty, years ago? Or are you taking a single case of a corrupt person whose background you aren't familiar with, and extrapolating your imaginary psychoanalysis to an entire generation of people?
Yes I do. My ex-wife was a graduate student in nontraditional education where one of the heavy focuses was on how to effectively educate this generation due to their inability to compete in the workplace. Working off of surveys and interviews of supervisors and managers they had identified the problems being that they were less willing to do what they were told, were not self starters, and expected inordinate amounts of praise and handholding that their managers were unaccustomed to giving. Of course, being leftists, her class's take on the situation was how to restructure the education system to accommodate the neuroses of these entitled brats. Instead of telling the kids to get a grip and get to work, they were studying ways to alter teaching methods to better serve these people to prepare them for success.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Your OP is based off an anecdotal fallacy.

Please... continue.
I relayed no anecdote. You surely are confused.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,669,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
That's what I do for a living as well. My job is to tell businesses what they don't know about their own business. I excel at telling companies things about themselves they'd rather not know. There's no hiding from the data though, and the good CEOs who hire me to tell them stories understand that.
Well our jobs might have been similar but mine specifically focused on rooting out thieves and conducting investigations for the Legal/Human Resource divisions on all sorts of issues and cases.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Meaning that you are pulling the argument out of your ******* and can't back it up .
No. Just as I said. If you want to know more about the Millennial generation, then google it. I don't have time to hold your hand.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,400,307 times
Quote:
No. Just as I said. If you want to know more about the Millennial generation, then google it. I don't have time to hold your hand.
No, you don't have time to think.

Your entire argument is based off a logical fallacy. It is motivated by irrational anger towards millennials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies