Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:39 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
No doubt man. I don't think he knows that thing black people are supposed to know.
Lotion?

Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The point was, as far as the private sector is concerned, it is no different than Jim Crow. As repugnant as discrimination is, you either believe in property rights or you don't. No different than banning smoking.
I'll just keep it real...I'm not buying it and I refuse to even consider the other side of the issue. If you're a politician saying Civil Rights Act and unconstitutional in the same sentence, you're getting facepalmed. I don't wanna hear the rationale.

The stuff you're saying sounds great and all, but that's easy for white folks to say. They weren't the ones living under Jim Crow.

So that's all I have to say about it.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'll just keep it real...I'm not buying it and I refuse to even consider the other side of the issue. If you're a politician saying Civil Rights Act and unconstitutional in the same sentence, you're getting facepalmed. I don't wanna hear the rationale.

The stuff you're saying sounds great and all, but that's easy for white folks to say. They weren't the ones living under Jim Crow.

There were more gains in jobs by blacks in the 2 years preceding the CRA than the 2 years after. We the people made the difference during the Civil Rights marches. Government, which forced Jim Crow on us, came after the fact and overstepped it's bounds when they included the private sector to fall under their thumb instead of just the public sector. It isn't government role to be our moral compass.

The Redeem Act, which Rand Paul and Cory Booker cosponsored, helps level the playing filed without using force on others.

You'll come around.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,163,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Your position is: Blacks first, everything else is secondary. Everyone should be so honest.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:27 PM

72,842 posts, read 62,249,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And no one has the right to tell you that you are required to vote.
Well, I am going to vote anyway. I make my own choices.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:56 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There were more gains in jobs by blacks in the 2 years preceding the CRA than the 2 years after. We the people made the difference during the Civil Rights marches. Government, which forced Jim Crow on us, came after the fact and overstepped it's bounds when they included the private sector to fall under their thumb instead of just the public sector. It isn't government role to be our moral compass.

The Redeem Act, which Rand Paul and Cory Booker cosponsored, helps level the playing filed without using force on others.

You'll come around.
I already came around.

I told you already how it is. And that's how it'll be til I hit the casket.

Finito.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Your position is: Blacks first, everything else is secondary. Everyone should be so honest.
Who am I supposed to put before me and mine? You and yours?

Perish the thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies