Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If you think Scott Walker is Bill Gates, you have a cold stark reality coming your way. Talk about a race to the bottom. A person can't get a job as secretary in the White House without a degree but you want to make him president. You need a degree to be a commissioned officer in the military, but you want him to be their boss. So how do we work this? I guess we remove all federal job requirements so we don't have janitors will more education than the president of the country.

Scott Walker may have guppy face but you give him the derp.
There have been lots of Presidents who didnt have degrees, one of them, cant remember what one, couldnt even spell.

Obama, there were reports before he was elected, couldnt even pass a background check for the Secret Service.

So yes, we indeed do elect "unqualified" individuals, and you support them regardless. Provided of course they have a D next to their name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There have been lots of Presidents who didnt have degrees, one of them, cant remember what one, couldnt even spell.

Obama, there were reports before he was elected, couldnt even pass a background check for the Secret Service.

So yes, we indeed do elect "unqualified" individuals, and you support them regardless. Provided of course they have a D next to their name.

Do you have any proof of this or are you just spouting off?

"Obama, there were reports before he was elected, couldnt even pass a background check for the Secret Service. "

Old 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:

Actually, no, if a White House secretary needs a degree, I would expect that at minimum from my president.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Do you have any proof of this or are you just spouting off?

"Obama, there were reports before he was elected, couldnt even pass a background check for the Secret Service. "
Sen. Barack Obama wouldn’t pass a routine government background investigation, not only to become an FBI agent, but a police officer as well. If he were a soldier, his background would preclude him from obtaining a security clearance. He wouldn’t even qualify to be a support person in a federal agency, such as secretary, for that matter.His past cocaine usage disqualifies him from being a DEA agent.

Obama, not qualified to be a FBI or Secret Service agent

Old 03-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Actually, no, if a White House secretary needs a degree, I would expect that at minimum from my president.
your wish, is meaningless to the voters wishes. You are 1 out of how many million. I would expect them to have basic understanding of economics, which would disqualify many in office at the moment.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
your wish, is meaningless to the voters wishes. You are 1 out of how many million. I would expect them to have basic understanding of economics, which would disqualify many in office at the moment.
Actually, I think a lot of voters would look at the lack of a degree as problematic considering most federal jobs require one. What do you do when the president of the country only has a high school diploma but the military officers all have college degrees? How is the president perceived by other countries? Is every foible magnified because of the obvious reason that he did not complete college? You can expect that will be the case.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think a lot of voters would look at the lack of a degree as problematic considering most federal jobs require one. What do you do when the president of the country only has a high school diploma but the military officers all have college degrees? How is the president perceived by other countries? Is every foible magnified because of the obvious reason that he did not complete college? You can expect that will be the case.
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Andrew Johnson, Harry Truman, James Monroe, William McKinley, and others became president without a degree.

How do you think people perceive George Washington and Abraham Lincoln?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:52 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Sen. Barack Obama wouldn’t pass a routine government background investigation, not only to become an FBI agent, but a police officer as well. If he were a soldier, his background would preclude him from obtaining a security clearance. He wouldn’t even qualify to be a support person in a federal agency, such as secretary, for that matter.His past cocaine usage disqualifies him from being a DEA agent.

Obama, not qualified to be a FBI or Secret Service agent
Do you actually think we can believe what Wiener or Hannity says as the truth?
Aren't you one of them that say they are just entertainers when they say off the wall lies and then expect us to suck it up?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Andrew Johnson, Harry Truman, James Monroe, William McKinley, and others became president without a degree.

How do you think people perceive George Washington and Abraham Lincoln?
Well..honestly? Dead.

George Washington died in 1799. Abraham Lincoln in 1865. We're talking milk churning and horse and buggies.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Do you actually think we can believe what Wiener or Hannity says as the truth?
Aren't you one of them that say they are just entertainers when they say off the wall lies and then expect us to suck it up?
I didnt say it was the truth, I said there were reports. I dont have access to an application Obama would have filled out in order to determine the accuracy of it, which is why I didnt say it was completely accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies