Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times

Advertisements

Whining. By many of the replies. When Obama was elected, my health insurance cost was basically infinite, due to my high blood pressure.

Got an answer for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 02:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The way that people talk about Obama here you would either think that:

A) Obama is the worst thing since Hitler or sliced bread

or

B) Obama is the best thing since Jesus or sliced bread

There's no winning for that man even though he will be remembered for a lot more positives than negatives once it's all said and done.
Positives. Let's list them.

(Crickets)

Uhhhhhhh....................positives............. ......er

Well spoken and clean?

Old 03-20-2015, 02:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Whining. By many of the replies. When Obama was elected, my health insurance cost was basically infinite, due to my high blood pressure.

Got an answer for that?
Yeah, your problem, not everyone else's.

But at least I am not subsidizing your health cars.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:57 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Yet, they did give you that positive you asked for. And it is a positive for many, many people.

And you are subsidizing their health care, unless you pay no federal tax, then it is likely someone is subsidizing you!

Old 03-20-2015, 04:30 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,181 times
Quote:

Hadoken's problem was also a problem for a lot of people.

The Republicans love to bash Obamacare, but they sure aren't in any hurry to come forward with an alternative. You'd think in the six years since the healthcare debate started they could come up with something. And no, "go back to what we had before" is not a solution.

Get back to us when the Republicans agree on a viable health care bill that doesn't throw self-employed people with chronic or preexisting health conditions under the bus.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This great President Obama has simply obliterated the hapless Republicans, proving them to be wrong on every front, pure blowhards who are always wrong.

Way to kick their arse, Mr President!
Did obama ever find that aeze he wabnted to kick after the gulf oil spill...or is he still looking, as he did when he lost track of his red line?

Who would have believed obama when he forecast thousands of green energy jobs....oops! maybe because of the subsidized green businesses going out of business and left just being green as in green with taxpayer money in their pockets which in turn gets donated to dem coffers.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:43 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post

Get back to us when the Republicans agree on a viable health care bill that doesn't throw self-employed people with chronic or preexisting health conditions under the bus.
"They can go to the ER if they get sick!"

Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

Got an answer for that?
The pre-existing conditions part is really the only popular part of ACA. It seems that there could have been a better way to accomplish that than what we got. I worry that in spite of having insurance (albiet with higher premiums and deductibles), I will have trouble finding doctors since so many are leaving the profession now because of regulations, including electronic record keeping mandates, lower reimbursement rates, growing population, and requirements of the ACA.

In the next ten to twenty years, a large percentage of our population will be 55 or older, with less doctors to care for them, and many not even pursuing an education in medicine due to lower reimbursement rates and high costs of getting that education. So what good is being insured if you can't find doctors?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Delusional doesn't even begin to describe this thread.
The cult following in action. Creepy, isn't it?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:42 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Everything out of his mouth is a lie. The unemployment rate (the real rate) is over 10%. The stock market is not the economy, and the administration pumped millions into it to make it look good for Obama.
Not in disagreement with what you're saying but millions??? Well technically yes, about 3.5 million millions or 3.5 trillion dollars have been pumped into the stock market by the Fed since 2008. And that's actually freshly printed money, not reserves.

That's what it took to make it look good for Obama (and to be honest, it doesn't look good at all).

'5 out of 3 people are bad at math'. Just want to make sure your point isn't dismissed due to a misinterpretation of the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies