Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 02:07 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
HMMMM bigot is what gays are calling the daughter of a lesbian mother, that is why she started her web site to discuss and let people say what they are feeling.
I haven't seen very many people here call the daughter a bigot in this thread. I do think her anger is misdirected, and I see that from her own words. And, for the record, those of us who question this issue aren't all "gays".

Old 03-21-2015, 02:14 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I haven't seen very many people here call the daughter a bigot in this thread. I do think her anger is misdirected, and I see that from her own words. And, for the record, those of us who question this issue aren't all "gays".
It is amazing Janelle thinks that only a gay person could have empathy for others. Says a lot!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:21 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
=shaker281;38899390] Janelle and some individual that has issues with her own upbringing are entitled to their opinions. So are the flat-earthers.

What people say is not as interesting or pertinent as what motivates what they say.
Nice try at making a link between what can be proven by science to be untrue, and what has a demonstrable basis to it. Like it or not, this insanity that children raised from infancy by same-sex couple grow up just as well-adjusted as those who have both a mother and father in their lives, is being refuted by none other than the children themselves, as they grow up and can speak for themselves.

It is only common sense. Never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?
Thanks for asking. Let me walk you through it. Slowly.

You said:

Quote:
Of course they are janelle144. All they can do is scream "bigot."
I pointed out there are many people who have posted rational repudiations of Janelle's point. Yet, you seem to have ignored that completely (All they can do is scream "bigot."). Clearly, paying no attention to those other voices, to protect your "beliefs".

I'll leave it to you to look up the word "repudiate".

Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Nice try at making a link between what can be proven by science to be untrue, and what has a demonstrable basis to it. Like it or not, this insanity that children raised from infancy by same-sex couple grow up just as well-adjusted as those who have both a mother and father in their lives, is being refuted by none other than the children themselves, as they grow up and can speak for themselves.

It is only common sense. Never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.
One child, who admits she had a absentee heterosexual father.

The vast majority of screwed up people were raised by heterosexuals. There's some "common sense" for you.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
=shaker281;38899580]Thanks for asking. Let me walk you through it. Slowly.

You said: I pointed out there are many people who have posted rational repudiations of Janell's point. Yet, you seem to have ignored that completely (All they can do is scream "bigot."). Clearly, paying no attention to those other voices, to protect your "beliefs".

I'll leave it to you to look up the word "repudiate".
I don't need to look up the term, I know it. Now then, if I misunderstood your point, I will backtrack. Soooo? I ask you directly. Are you of the belief that a child raised from infancy can be just as well-adjusted when raised by a same-sex couple as one with a father and mother in their lives?

My belief is a resounding no. They can't be. What say you and why say you?

Here is just one, written by a gay man:

Who explains to the young daughters when they reach an age how to deal with their growing breasts, their periods, boyz sniffing around them demanding blow jobs, how you stay chaste, how to deal with the meanness of other little girls, what PMS feels like and how to deal with it, the expectations of motherhood, what to expect with a baby in your belly, how you feel with various kinds of birth control, how other women feel and what is going on almost every day of your uniquely female life? Huh? How is it two men think they have what it takes to raise a female child, or two women think they have a clue about the pressures of being a boy and dealing with the pressures of testosterone, male bonding, etc.

Oh yes, it’s so very
politically incorrect to dare suggest that a child is entitled to parents
of both sexes, but in point of fact, THAT IS HOW NATURE INTENDED human
children are raised. Sorry, I know it is a hanging offense to suggest in
this oversensitive age that child raising and homosexuality might have even
the slightest hint of a problem, but then of course who gives a **** about
children when we’re talking about OUR RIGHTS?

Old 03-21-2015, 02:37 AM

Who explains it to girls whose mothers died before puberty? Are they doomed to a life of confusion? Ever heard of Aunts? Grandmothers?

If you care so much about children, what about the gay children, you going to convert them?

Google "gay conversion therapy" http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/us/exodus-international-shutdown/

Nature creates variation. It is all it does.

This is about defending the Bible for most. If the Bible is wrong about homosexuality, then what else should we question? Hmmmm?

Sometimes it is about irrational hatred. Some people irrationally hate Texans.

Once again, the vast majority of screwed up people were raised by heterosexuals.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:40 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
I don't need to look up the term, I know it. Now then, if I misunderstood your point, I will backtrack. Soooo? I ask you directly. Are you of the belief that a child raised from infancy can be just as well-adjusted when raised by a same-sex couple as one with a father and mother in their lives?

My belief is a resounding no. They can't be. What say you and why say you?
TexasReb, so miss you on the Texas board! Now, do you have proof one way or another of this belief? I don't believe this one example is proof of anything. She (woman who wrote the article) feels abandoned by her father. I think children can be well-adjusted in all sorts of situations, as long as they are loved.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:46 AM

If we are going to screen parents, lets screen them all. Education, IQ, mental and physical illness, age, religious beliefs...

Imagine those poor kids who grow up ugly, because both parents are ugly. That must take it's toll.

Children of midgets, that can't be easy.

Native Americans have a high rate of alcoholism, "no" to you!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:57 AM

Quote:
=shaker281;38899613]Who explains it to girls whose mothers died before puberty? Are they doomed to a life of confusion? ever heard of Aunts? grandmothers?

Nature creates variation. It is all it does.

This is about defending the Bible for most. If the Bible is wrong about homosexuality, then what else should we question? Hmmmm?

Sometimes it is about irrational hatred. Some people irrationally hate Texans.

Once again, the vast majority of screwed up people were raised by heterosexuals.
LOL Sorry, but you are simply self-destructing. Who ever said anything about "hating" homosexuals? That is what I meant earlier when I said that it seems the radical "gay rights" bunch cannot make an argument without accusing those who disagree with them of being "bigots" or "homophobes". Or whatever. I don't "hate" homosexuals, or anyone else.

As an aside there, those terms mean nothing at all to me when applied as they so often are. Read this sometime; it is about the way I feel about it:

What’s really obtuse about these people is that they assume I do agree with them. They don’t bother debating; they call me names, most of which (apart from the obscenities) can be summed up in the word bigot. If I oppose state racial favoritism, I’m a “racist.” If I laugh at feminism, I’m “sexist.” If I criticize Israel, I’m “anti-Semitic.” If I consider homosexuality a perversion, I’m a “homophobe.” And of course I’m “ignorant” and “reactionary.”

The liberal litany of abuse is based on the assumption that we all have a duty to keep abreast of the latest moral fads, a duty to repudiate our own traditions. The old is bad, the new is good. If you still believe the things Western man has always believed — for instance, that sodomy is an ugly vice — you are now a “bigot.”

Such invective has all the weighty authority of a teenage clique calling you a “square.” It means only that you’ve committed the mortal sin of failing to keep up with a self-defined smart crowd. The ever-shifting orthodoxy of the new, as against the permanence of the old, is inculcated and enforced by the mass media, an organized system of peer pressure.

Sobran Column -- Hate Mail

In any event, you totally miss the point. Yes, aunts and uncles can "take up the slack" in the event of the death of a mother or father. What is being discussed here is how can two men possibly raise a girl-child from infancy and possibly know what the child is going thru when she goes thru puberty? Likewise, two women raise a boy child and know what he is going thru at that same age?

Now, your answer might be that aunts or uncles are there for that. BUT...that is a cop-out and lame as hell. If a couple cannot do it on their own, they have no business with a child at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies