Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I read the article about this woman yesterday. She said she had a loving home and her mother's partner treated her like her own daughter. Her regret was she wished she had a father.

She did have a father. She admitted that her biological father 'wasn't a great guy,' and 'didn't bother coming around anymore.' She had a lousy father.

We all wish our mother and father were perfect. Most of us grow up and realize they did the best they could and we don't blame them for having faults and being human. Ideally, I also think intact, heterosexual families are preferable for raising children. However, the next best thing are two loving parents gay or straight. Something many kids never have, unlike this woman.
this ^^^^^

Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You mean Madalyn Murray O'Hair? She was murdered - and died as she had lived, a strident atheist.

Her son changed his mind - not her.
My apologies. You are correct. I had the wrong name. I was thinking of Norma McCovey of Roe vs. wade
As a party to the original litigation, she sought to reopen the case in U.S. District Court in Texas to have Roe v. Wade overturned.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:26 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
A gay family should be the last resort for a child, after all other options are exhausted. It should never, ever be a preferred or equal method. Ever.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A gay family should be the last resort for a child, after all other options are exhausted. It should never, ever be a preferred or equal method. Ever.
Considering that there are hundreds of thousands of kids waiting for adoption and many will age out of the system without being adopted, I would say that there are not enough potential adoptive parents to even come close to exhausting the supply of children that are produced by heterosexuals and put up for adoption.

Then there is the fact that adoption is not the only way for homosexual couples to have children.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
go ask most gay men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Do you have a source for your information, or is this more trash you made up?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:43 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
go ask most gay men.

As a gay man, with many gay friends, I already know the answer.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:52 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So a child was abandoned by their bio father, and she wants to blame the women that, by her own admission, did a great job?

Really?

IF she is so against children not being with their bio father, then she should be fighting against divorce not same sex marriage. Maybe she should fight for mandatory marriage if people are pregnant.

She should also fight against fathers being killed in accidents, in war or in traffic. Or perhaps children should be removed from the home if one parent gets killed.

two parents > one parent > foster care > life on the streets

If this is true what does it mean? If children are important perhaps more resources aimed at one parent households and for foster parents and or adoptions. And if those wishing to have a same sex marriage but not have children is this not totally moot ?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Considering that there are hundreds of thousands of kids waiting for adoption and many will age out of the system without being adopted, I would say that there are not enough potential adoptive parents to even come close to exhausting the supply of children that are produced by heterosexuals and put up for adoption.

Then there is the fact that adoption is not the only way for homosexual couples to have children.
As long as all other options are exhausted and the homosexuals are actually committed to giving that child a balanced upbringing and doing their jobs as parents I have no problem with it. To have two people love a child, any people is better than a government institution.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
As long as all other options are exhausted and the homosexuals are actually committed to giving that child a balanced upbringing and doing their jobs as parents I have no problem with it. To have two people love a child, any people is better than a government institution.
Generally when anyone goes through the effort to adopt they are planning on doing their job as parents. Heterosexual, homosexual, or single, doesn't matter, the vast majority go into it to be parents. It's not like it's exactly easy to adopt for anyone.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:05 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
stop the presses everyone

Son of a heterosexual marriage comes out against male/female unions.

Quote:
"Marriages, involving a man and a woman, should not be legal" Stephen Gene of Englewood Co noted on Thursday. "Too many of these marriages result in significant trauma to children". Stephen then proceeded to show the 2014 reports on both domestic violence and child abuse. "look - look closely. . .almost all of these cases are the outcome of a heterosexual union. We can't continue to hurt or children and women this way"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies