Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:59 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The cop was wrong, that says it all.
No, the police officer handled the situation badly, but the woman is the one who escalated it to the levels it got to. If she had taken her speeding ticket it would have been a done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
He is still a cop because THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! Its sad and disgusting
No, he is not "still a cop". He was fired from one job and got another job. He is a police officer again, not still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
The title should be why isn't this cop in jail for attempted murder. Police have no right to fire on people who are running or driving away. Nor do they have a right to fire on people period, unless a person is attacking......
The title should be "Woman and family freak out, resist arrest and attack police officer" because that is what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
WTF with all these new threads? Mods open up a new grouping called "alleged racist cop threads from 1990" Then the rest of us can look at "current" events.
Yes, no more two year old stories from dubious sources in current events.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:01 AM

21,881 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Even when trigger happy cops are shooting at her car?

Lets take a nice white middle class soccer mom, put her in a car with her children and have a bunch of black thug cops start trying to smash her windows, and shoot at her car and see what she would do. She would do the same thing any mom would do, she would try to get a way from that situation, and get to someplace safe.
Unlikely to ever occur. A middle-class person, race regardless, probably hasn't raised their kids to attack police officers. They're highly unlikely to run from a traffic stop or give the cops any provocation to search the vehicle, especially if they have drugs on them which they're also fairly unlikely to do. I've been pulled over with drugs in the car in my much younger years. It was marijuana but still illegal. Routine DUI checkpoint in my dad's truck which tweakers had pealed the registration sticker off. I had the current registration but still got pulled out of line for a fix it ticket. What I didn't do at about the age of her son is jump out of the car and assault a cop or try and run. I was particular interested in NOT doing that since I had drugs in the car rather than the reverse. I went along my merry way a few minutes later with a fix-it ticket and smoked my joint and did some underage drinking.

Not being stupid does remarkable wonders for you in life. Nor was I some clean cut obviously middle-class kid going to church on Sunday. It was a ratty old pickup truck, I had a mop full of hair, and dressed like a typical white trash teenager in a pretty bad part of town late at night.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:08 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Im against the patriot act, however, watching what happened, I would have to ask -

Why didnt the mother wait for her ticket?

She was told to turn the car off, and instead she drove away. WTF was she thinking??

She resisted being cuffed, which is standard procedure to prevent people from fleeing (I know this from personal experience, not because Im a cop - and although multiracial, noone looking at me is going to confuse me with anything but a caucasian), and is for everyone's protection at that moment. It doesnt mean they wont eventually release you - just like they did me.

If people are going to scream the police are bad, there are real instances that DONT envolve someone willfully disobeying and resisting an officer.

The kids stupidly jump out of the car to come to their Moms AID, in this resistance.

Just take the dang ticket and continue on your trip. Geez!

I think this need to be run periodicly as a true Public Service message. People obviously are 'out of touch' with how they are expected to respond to the Police. Even if she felt she didnt deserve a ticket, she could always dispute it and air her concerns in a Court room.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...AF7DE86378CA09

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-21-2015 at 06:49 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 12:21 PM

832 posts, read 1,255,367 times
Quote:
What is she guilty of? Trying to protect her family from a bunch of racist, trigger happy cops shooting at her car?
where is the racist part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies