Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:02 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You served and still want to go to war. Why would I serve. I don't believe in war unless it was on our ground. You know by showing military strength that we are just antagonizing them.
So you would rather have war on our ground? And don't dismiss it as a possibility, because we had a taste of what that is like on 9/11, with several smaller terrorist attacks here on our home soil over the last six years.

Sticking our head in the sand and waiting until it is too late does not make the problem go away, it makes it worse. And the appeasement strategy that you are advocating also antagonizes them - into antagonizing us, as we are seeing now from the Islamic State group, spawn of Al Qaeda, which is apparently more dangerous than Al Qaeda ever was. And all this was made possible by the short-sited and narrow minded "cut and run" strategy in Iraq advocated by the left and implemented by Barack Obama.

And before you say it, there was always expected to be a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) with Iraq, which Obama sabotaged so that he could say for political purposes that he removed "all" troops from Iraq. Well, that war ended and now we have a new one, which is on him and his supporters.

The bottom line is that we need to do all that we can to help stop Islamic State and also to help stand up responsible governments throughout the region. I know you would like for all of this to go away so that we could spend all of our time talking about homosexual marriage and the mythical "war on women," but that is not the hand we have been dealt.

Bibi Netanyahu is not the problem here, even though his narcissistic petulance Barack Obama does not seem to get that. He needs to pull his head out and get his priorities straight here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 06:15 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yeah that makes sense....lets get rid of our foreign policy, CIA, Department of Defense.....isolation is back.

is not of our problem that our enemies want to destroy us and get a nuke.....lets just ignore all that and call it a day.
Showing military strength is one thing but to be actively involved in wars in several countries is quite another, Syria & Iraq are not our fight time for the ME countries to step up.

We were worried about WMD in Iraq, 10 years later was it worth it.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So you would rather have war on our ground? And don't dismiss it as a possibility, because we had a taste of what that is like on 9/11, with several smaller terrorist attacks here on our home soil over the last six years.
Gee, if we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them over here. Never heard that before. Shouldn't we be concentrating our defenses on the hordes of black-pajama clad yellow men who will no doubt be marching down Main St any day now?

Quote:
Sticking our head in the sand and waiting until it is too late does not make the problem go away, it makes it worse. And the appeasement strategy that you are advocating also antagonizes them - into antagonizing us, as we are seeing now from the Islamic State group, spawn of Al Qaeda, which is apparently more dangerous than Al Qaeda ever was. And all this was made possible by the short-sited and narrow minded "cut and run" strategy in Iraq advocated by the left and implemented by Barack Obama.
Actually, all that was made possible by using our assets to invade/occupy a nation that presented nio imminent threat instead of focusing on those who'd actually attacked us.

Quote:
Bibi Netanyahu is not the problem here, even though his narcissistic petulance Barack Obama does not seem to get that. He needs to pull his head out and get his priorities straight here.
He represents no solution either.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, if we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them over here. Never heard that before. Shouldn't we be concentrating our defenses on the hordes of black-pajama clad yellow men who will no doubt be marching down Main St any day now?
Wut?

LOL.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Wut?

LOL.
You must be quite young if you haven't heard all this before.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
You must be quite young if you haven't heard all this before.
Not really.

I have to warn you, I get my news from the internet and print. I do not watch cable news and I especially do not watch MSNBC. So that may explain how I missed this fascinating and (at least to you) critically important story. LOL.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Not really.

I have to warn you, I get my news from the internet and print. I do not watch cable news and I especially do not watch MSNBC. So that may explain how I missed this fascinating and (at least to you) critically important story. LOL.
I don't watch MSNBC either, I believe it's you missing the point. I fear the fear mongerers as much as any other alleged threat. Those with the READY! FIRE! AIM! sequence of foreign policy decisions.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
I don't watch MSNBC either, I believe it's you missing the point. I fear the fear mongerers as much as any other alleged threat. Those with the READY! FIRE! AIM! sequence of foreign policy decisions.
Please tell me more about these "hordes of black-pajama clad yellow men who will no doubt be marching down Main St any day now" that you were speaking of.

{sitting on pins and needles}

Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Please tell me more about these "hordes of black-pajama clad yellow men who will no doubt be marching down Main St any day now" that you were speaking of.

{sitting on pins and needles}
Simply a reply to your "So you would rather have war on our ground?"

The same BS we were told during the Vietnam era that led to yet another of our wasteful, unnecessary wars of choice that provided nothing of benefit to our country. We're not the world police and it's asinine to continue acting as if we are in a world that just ain't gonna listen. Let the countries in the ME more directly threatened by ISIS lead the fight against it while we concentrate on defending our own country.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Simply a reply to your "So you would rather have war on our ground?"
I am still waiting to hear more about the "hordes of black-pajama clad yellow men who will no doubt be marching down Main St any day now" that you were speaking of. LOL.

Quote:
Let the countries in the ME more directly threatened by ISIS lead the fight against it while we concentrate on defending our own country.
I think there is a consensus that this needs to be the general focus. However, the reach of Islamic State has expanded rapidly in the Middle East and Africa, and Iran and its terrorist network continues to move rapidly towards acquiring nuclear weapons and possibly ICBM's as well.

As a result, Barack Obama would do well to focus his attention on these serious threats and stop screwing around with his personal vendetta towards Bibi Netanyahu for having "dissed" him by speaking before Congress without his permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies