Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am a supporter of Israel, but why should that mean I think Israel is always right about everything? If they spied on US, it is wrong, and there is no animosity in pointing it out. If US spied on Israel, and someone pointed it out, people would be more than happy to point it out, but should that mean they are guilty of animosity against the US?

I don't think the US should condone anyone spying on us.
1. Nothing was asserted about Israel always being right about everything, as you know very well.
2. It was the nuclear talks that were spied on, not the US.
3. How did Obama find out that Israel had spied on these talks. The CIA, perhaps?
4. The animosity is the Obama administration trying to stir up a controversy and create a conflict with Israel here, which is clearly the reason for this story. More tantrum antics by pouty-boy Barack Obama.

This is why I qualified my previous statement in the first sentence the way that I did. Thank you for illustrating my point for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 08:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
I am a supporter of Israel, but why should that mean I think Israel is always right about everything? If they spied on US, it is wrong, and there is no animosity in pointing it out. If US spied on Israel, and someone pointed it out, people would be more than happy to point it out, but should that mean they are guilty of animosity against the US? Israel spies, so does the US. Should we pretend it doesn't happen?
Israel is not wrong in gathering intelligence information. What would be wrong, is US politicians releasing information gathered by Foreign Intelligence operatives .... Oh wait a sec..

Old 03-24-2015, 08:31 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well, of course Israel was spying on the Iran Nuclear talks.
Have they sold the stolen info Russia yet?

That's what Israel usually does.

They're scorpions...

Mircea

Old 03-24-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Have they sold the stolen info Russia yet?

That's what Israel usually does.

They're scorpions...

Mircea
That is not necessary. The Russians are members of the talks, and besides, they have a rather impressive spy agency of their own, which President Vladimir Putin worked for for 16 years.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:39 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Some didn't read the article.

US accuses Israel of spying on Iran nuclear talks | World news | The Guardian

However, what appears to have upset administration officials more than the spying is the use of the classified intelligence acquired to brief members of the US Congress and to persuade them to torpedo the talks.

It is one thing for the US and Israel to spy on each other. It is another thing for Israel to steal US secrets and play them back to US legislators to undermine US diplomacy,†the Wall Street Journal quoted a senior US official as saying.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Some didn't read the article.

US accuses Israel of spying on Iran nuclear talks | World news | The Guardian

However, what appears to have upset administration officials more than the spying is the use of the classified intelligence acquired to brief members of the US Congress and to persuade them to torpedo the talks.

It is one thing for the US and Israel to spy on each other. It is another thing for Israel to steal US secrets and play them back to US legislators to undermine US diplomacy,” the Wall Street Journal quoted a senior US official as saying.
How is it that Congress did not have that information from the Obama administration and had to get it from the Israelis?

This is not looking good for Barack Obama.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
The animosity is the Obama administration trying to stir up a controversy and create a conflict with Israel here
So, you think the US needs to condone these kinds of activities in order to be politically correct and avoid "displaying animosity"? Where do you draw the line, or are you saying there are no boundaries between friends?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
So, you think the US needs to condone these kinds of activities in order to be politically correct and avoid "displaying animosity"? Where do you draw the line, or are you saying there are no boundaries between friends?
There is no need to condone them just as their was no need to condemn them. He very likely used information obtained from our spies to conclude they had been spying on these talks. He is making himself look silly and like a petulant child here.

What is done is done. It is time for Obama to let this whole thing go. He has a long list of more important matters that need to be tended to, regardless of whether he wants to tend to them, or if he is up to the task, or not.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
How is it that Congress did not have that information from the Obama administration and had to get it from the Israelis?

This is not looking good for Barack Obama.

Because Congress is not privy to negotiations. Israel spied on us Meaning the administration and me and you to get CLASSIFIED INFORMATION and give it to Congress.

BIBI has been chumping every country involved for years.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:37 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Default US accuses Israel of spying on Iran nuclear talks

Looks like President Stompy Foot is still deep in narcissistic rage and cannot think clearly - France gave Israel the Iran nuke talks details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies