Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:39 PM

725 posts, read 804,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I have mentioned on this forum several times that people should not be trashing Police Officers and how they handle their jobs.

There is a ever growing trend to hate on cops.

By trashing these fine men and women who serve and protect us, we ARE part of this sad thing that is happening.

What are they serving: the police state and abusive laws which violates freedoms and rights of the public. They should get no respect or help. Peace officers who only try to deter and respond to real crime like theft, rape, murder, battery and breaking and entering, in a calm and deescalating manner should get praise. Cops who enforce abusive laws and instigate and escalate situations should not.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:44 PM

11 posts, read 11,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yikes. I thought this thread was about an innocent police officer losing his life. How did it turn into a debate about bad cop vs good cop? I think we all need to at least acknowledge that it was unfortunate that this poor man lost his life in the line of duty. Weather you are pro cop or can't see past your hate at least acknowledge that an innocent person with loved ones is no longer with us. Just some basic human kindness here people. Try it you might like it.
He was a cop. He is not innocent. I have kindness for all of the people's lives he ruined over non-violent "offenses..." How many kids did he give felonies to for having weed? How many jobs were lost when he pulled someone over and took his sweet time writing them a ticket? How much money was stolen at gunpoint from productive members of society by this tax-predator?

I think non-violence is the answer. I would never advocate violence, unless it was defensive. But he was a cop, and none of them are innocent.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 PM

11 posts, read 11,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I have mentioned on this forum several times that people should not be trashing Police Officers and how they handle their jobs.

There is a ever growing trend to hate on cops.

By trashing these fine men and women who serve and protect us, we ARE part of this sad thing that is happening.
It IS sad, that THIS is what "freedom" looks like. Personally, I think it looks like Guatemalan paramilitary circa 1980:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110721155014

http://www.hkpro.com/swatgroup.jpg

http://edenprairieweblogs.org/police...o-cropped1.jpg

But, hey, land of the free, right? Free to get shot by a guy in an army uniform that will NEVER under ANY circumstances be held accountable as long as he promises cross his heart that you either a.) reached for your waistband or b.) scared him a lot.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPowered View Post
He was a cop. He is not innocent. I have kindness for all of the people's lives he ruined over non-violent "offenses..." How many kids did he give felonies to for having weed? How many jobs were lost when he pulled someone over and took his sweet time writing them a ticket? How much money was stolen at gunpoint from productive members of society by this tax-predator?

I think non-violence is the answer. I would never advocate violence, unless it was defensive. But he was a cop, and none of them are innocent.

Yikes if I were religious I'd pray for you.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
So what. Around ten thousand people are murdered in the U.S. every year. Why should cops get special attention. It's not healthy to bow down to and worship any one but God. And since cops abuse millions of people each year through the enforcement of abusive laws whether it's arresting people for not paying parking tickets, arresting people for having a pill or plant, ticketing people for not wearing seat belts, lying about a situation, fabricating evidence, needlessly and recklessly breaking down doors of homes, recklessly and needlessly pointing guns at people's faces, beating people, raping them or murdering them, and violating the bill of rights, they should get less attention and respect than a random member of the public.
Bud.. you have to get some new material.. this is a cut and paste you use in your anti cop threads... at least try to stay with the thread and be original...

You and others like you show complete callousness for life.. more than the police you accuse of same...

My prayers for Officer Johnson and his family... may they never be exposed to someone like you

Old 03-28-2015, 12:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
RIP; cops have a thankless job as always. We have a lot of evil people in this world using excuses :IMO.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:44 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
What are they serving: the police state and abusive laws which violates freedoms and rights of the public. They should get no respect or help. Peace officers who only try to deter and respond to real crime like theft, rape, murder, battery and breaking and entering, in a calm and deescalating manner should get praise. Cops who enforce abusive laws and instigate and escalate situations should not.
Who makes the laws?

Old 03-30-2015, 10:53 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
What should happen to people who vote for abusive laws and then force the Police to enforce them? You do realize that police don't make the laws?

In the USA, people vote and through their representatives, have laws created. So what do you say should happen to the voters and the representatives hmmm?

BTW, just how do you say someone should respond to a murder in progress or a rape in a de-escalating manner? Lets say you where the one being murdered or raped, what would be the appropriate response, perhaps a dialogue of some kind?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:16 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
I say, the best way to answer both of your concerns for "violation of the law" and "protection of civil rights" is quite simply to withdraw the "evil" police from that whole area and allow the wonderful folks who are so caring about "Black Lives Matter" to go in there and bring happiness and joy to the neighborhood. Then everyone will be happy.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPowered View Post

Clueless. Cops don't give felonies. People commit crimes and only a court of law can declare, via the trail process, if someone committed a felony.

Strange that you claim non-violence is the answer. To whom would you like to apply that solution? Seriously, we would you start, non-violence beginning where? Time to ante up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies