Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The plan was NEVER to add 20 million to medicaid.. how the hell can you add 20 million to the medicaid rolls and then create the surpluses we were promised and reduce costs?

Sorry, that talking point, falls flat on its face.

Try another excuse.
Yes, the plan was always to expand Medicaid and cover those low income people, but the SC gave the redneck states a way out, and they took it, leaving millions of people in a coverage hole. But covering those people was built into the ACA right from the start, so you fail.

You asked why there were 30 million still uninsured and I provided an answer. No "talking point," just the information you requested.

What's the matter pgh, did I just debunk your favorite talking point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
We can and will take away your subsidies. Let's see you afford your "obamanocare" once you have to pay the full freight. .
You mock people who don't have access to employer-based insurance (estimated to be 40% of working Americans by 2020) because they can't afford the full freight even though if you didn't have access to employer based insurance you couldn't pay the full freight either.

With a statement like that, you show us all exactly the kind of person you are. You must be so proud.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, the plan was always to expand Medicaid and cover those low income people, but the SC gave the redneck states a way out, and they took it, leaving millions of people in a coverage hole. But covering those people was built into the ACA right from the start, so you fail.

You asked why there were 30 million still uninsured and I provided an answer. No "talking point," just the information you requested.

What's the matter pgh, did I just debunk your favorite talking point?
no the plan was NEVER to cover 30 million people by medicaid.

The plan was to have more people PAYING, thus spread the risk around which we were promised would reduce the cost..

if the plan was to increase medicaid to insure them, there wouldnt have been a need to even pass ACA, they could have just increased the medicaid standards.

STOP LYING

Old 03-27-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
You mock people who don't have access to employer-based insurance (estimated to be 40% of working Americans by 2020)
Due to Democratic policies like ACA which you guys ran around denying would happen for YEARS..

Now you APPLAUD it as a success and pretend it has nothing to do with federal policies

yes people, it is as dumb as it sounds

Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
no the plan was NEVER to cover 30 million people by medicaid.

The plan was to have more people PAYING, thus spread the risk around which we were promised would reduce the cost..

if the plan was to increase medicaid to insure them, there wouldnt have been a need to even pass ACA, they could have just increased the medicaid standards.

STOP LYING
Yes, dear, expansion of Medicaid was always part of the plan. It was built into the ACA, which is why when all those red states refused to expand it so many who were supposed to have coverage were left uncovered.

Facts are annoying things when they don't support your lies, aren't they?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Due to Democratic policies like ACA which you guys ran around denying would happen for YEARS..

Now you APPLAUD it as a success and pretend it has nothing to do with federal policies

yes people, it is as dumb as it sounds
I don't applaud the fact that nearly half of American workers will be self-employed. Having been so myself for the last 15 years I don't revel in more workers getting even less benefits than they currently do now.

But for you to blame Democrats for that is hilarious. Blame corporate America, who sees a way to save a whole lot of money by firing their workforce and then rehiring them as independent contractors with no benefits.

If you lack the brain cells to comprehend that very basic point, then there is really no point in trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Yes, dear, expansion of Medicaid was always part of the plan. It was built into the ACA, which is why when all those red states refused to expand it so many who were supposed to have coverage were left uncovered.

I didnt deny expansion of medicaid wasnt part of the plan, I said the plan wasnt to expand it by THIRTY MILLION..

Try actually responding to the comment rather than reading what you want to read.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I don't applaud the fact that nearly half of American workers will be self-employed. Having been so myself for the last 15 years I don't revel in more workers getting even less benefits than they currently do now.

But for you to blame Democrats for that is hilarious. Blame corporate America, who sees a way to save a whole lot of money by firing their workforce and then rehiring them as independent contractors with no benefits.

If you lack the brain cells to comprehend that very basic point, then there is really no point in trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.
Corporate america responds to political policies, something you dont seem to be capable of understanding.

They offered benefits in order to entice the best employees, now they have an incentive not to..

Political policies and the costs associated with them is an undeniable fact you dont seem to want to address.

Why not? Oh thats right because you got yours, Fk the 30 million without.. they no longer matter..

Old 03-27-2015, 08:55 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:

It was only ruled constitutional because it was deemed a tax. The governement can't pass a law and then tell the states to pay for implementation.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
It was only ruled constitutional because it was deemed a tax. The governement can't pass a law and then tell the states to pay for implementation.
Exactly, liberals on these boards spent YEARS telling us it wasnt a tax.. and those of us who claimed it was, were dumb and didnt know what we were talking about.

SURPRISE...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies