Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 12:26 PM

17,350 posts, read 9,180,345 times

Advertisements

Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with Desertion |Washington Post 3/25/15

There is supposed to be a Press Conference in about an hour - will the Obama Parrot Press even cover it? Remains to be seen. The WashPo article failed to mention that this slime deserter was traded for 5 Terrorist Generals when we supposedly (pre-Obama) don't negotiate with Terrorists.

He deserves to rot. Good men died looking for him and I can not believe that the US traded terrorists for his release. This has been suppressed for months - I'm sure TeamObama was trying to find a way out of it. I never had any doubt that he would eventually be charged. The Military is horribly demoralized - they had to charge him, even if President Stompy Foot said no ... which I'm sure he did.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:33 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
I saw this on CNN news alert pop-up. It is their head-line news.

Good. Bring the them home, and then see if they broke rules.

Some seem to support the idea that we judge people before trial, and leave them in enemy hands based on that judgment.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:36 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,505,654 times
Good. This is the way it's supposed to work.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:42 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,360,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I saw this on CNN news alert pop-up. It is their head-line news.

Good. Bring the them home, and then see if they broke rules.

Some seem to support the idea that we judge people before trial, and leave them in enemy hands based on that judgment.

To be fair, the notion of not leaving people behind doesn't necessarily apply if the person involved willfully abandon their unit and post to seek out the enemy. That's a disingenuous line of reasoning. It is not the same as someone captured by the enemy.

Not sure I've seen anyone judging before a trial. However, the recent charges should not come as a giant surprise. Bergdahl clearly communicated his intentions prior to going missing.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:44 PM

52,447 posts, read 34,154,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
To be fair, the notion of not leaving people behind doesn't necessarily apply if the person involved willfully abandon their unit and post to seek out the enemy. That's a disingenuous line of reasoning. It is not the same as someone captured by the enemy.

Not sure I've seen anyone judging before a trial. However, the recent charges should not come as a giant surprise. Bergdahl clearly communicated his intentions prior to going missing.
exactly.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:45 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,711,309 times
Obama in the Rose Garden hailing a deserter, yep, that seems about right for this president.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:50 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post

If you are going to leave US servicemen behind for any reason, you MUST have judged them guilty before trial. How else can you make the decision to abandon them?

You contradict yourself.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:52 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,117,909 times
Where's all the liberal morons who said that this was just a "fake republican scandal" and that Fox News lied about bergdahl was going to be charged?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...de-public.html

Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,360,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are going to leave US servicemen behind for any reason, you MUST have judged them guilty before trial.

You contradict yourself.
Where did I advocate for leaving him behind? I did not. I stated that his status was different from those captured by the enemy. He clearly communicated his intentions to leave his outpost with friends and family. It has been well documented. That is fundamentally different from leaving someone behind that is being held captive against their will.

The prosecution should have a cake walk proving the case for desertion. Bergdahl did their work regarding establishing frame of mind for them via his correspondence.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:56 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,711,309 times
CNN is reporting that Obama and Susan Rice's comments calling his a hero who served with distinction could be used by the defense in a court martial trial, making it hard to find him guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies