Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 01:31 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. I quoted the Washington Post on this AND linked Apple's website:

https://www.apple.com/choose-your-country/

Are those of you with Apple products enjoying Tim Cook's utter hypocrisy and tolerating the execution of homosexuals? Yeah, take another smiling selfie while another homosexual gets tossed off a building, alive. Hypocrites. /SMH
No dear, that is a Country locater is all. I've included some screenshots of what happens when you check it out though.

The first three are from the link that I gave you and the last is from the link that you gave me. The first photo shows you that there are available resellers in Qatar but no actual apple store. The second shows you that Saudi Arabia lacks even resellers. The third shows you that an offical online store is in the actual laungauge of the Country they are selling to. If you click on your link and a Country they are all in English. Pretty odd for a company to be selling to Nigeria, but they have the web store in English, no? . The last shows what happens you you click on a Country in link you gave me, and then try to click on the store button. I think that should tell you that Apple does not directly sell to any of those Countries .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Should you be subject to a lawsuit by the baker if you deceived him into betraying his religious conscious by him baking a wedding cake for you that was used for a gay wedding ceremony?
If they don;t want to sell wedding cakes to a sub set of the population , then they should not offer wedding cakes for sale.

40 posts, read 23,272 times
Bravo Greg Ballard:

GOP Mayor Of Indianapolis Signs Executive Order Protecting LGBT Community

GOP Mayor Of Indianapolis Signs Executive Order Protecting LGBT Community

Old 03-31-2015, 01:32 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Listen, I have to agree here somewhat.

That is hypocritical of Tim Cook. I use Apple exclusively for my work, and have done for many years. I'm not stopping now.

However, I'm disappointed that they do indeed do direct business in those very countries. That IS hypocritical. I would hope for better.

I don't agree with you that I in any way tolerate people getting tossed off buildings, simply because I use Apple products. Any more than I condone a thousand other contradictions of big industry who's benefits I reap. I don't live under a rock.

I'm not sure WTF Apple's reasoning is here. It's whack, I agree.

If they can do business in Saudi, they have no business boycotting Indiana. And trust me, it pains me greatly to say it.
The irony here is that so many people are going nuts over bakeries, churches, and the like denying services when those services are clearly available elsewhere in the same communities. But execute homosexuals? They have no problem with that. It's disgusting, and the priorities here are totally f*cked up when people think a cake or a wedding officiant is a bigger problem than execution.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:33 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Listen, I have to agree here somewhat.

That is hypocritical of Tim Cook. I use Apple exclusively for my work, and have done for many years. I'm not stopping now.

However, I'm disappointed that they do indeed do direct business in those very countries. That IS hypocritical. I would hope for better.

I don't agree with you that I in any way tolerate people getting tossed off buildings, simply because I use Apple products. Any more than I condone a thousand other contradictions of big industry who's benefits I reap. I don't live under a rock.

I'm not sure WTF Apple's reasoning is here. It's whack, I agree.

If they can do business in Saudi, they have no business boycotting Indiana. And trust me, it pains me greatly to say it.
Is Apple refusing to sell products in Indiana? If not, I don't see the hypocrisy.

They are selling to everyone, without regard to personal or religious beliefs. They are not holding individuals responsible for the actions of their governments. That is not discriminatory.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Wallace View Post
What Makes Indiana's Religious-Freedom Law Different?

The new statute's defenders claim it simply mirrors existing federal rules, but it contains two provisions that put new obstacles in the path of equality.

Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act Allows Private Businesses to Discriminate Against Employees Based on Sexual Orientation

Somebody should tell Pence that when you're in a hole, stop digging. What an embarrassment he is to the good people of Indiana who do not discriminate.

Bravo to every, single company and sport's team who is voicing their objections to this discriminatory law.

Kudos to Josh Earnest, the press secretary, who called out Pence for lying about his law, it is nothing like the 1993 law that President Clinton signed.
At least Oklahoma has shelved all or nearly all of its dozen, or so, proposed bills that would legalize discrimination against GLBT people. They were worse than any other RFL, since they specifically named GLBT people. Hopefully, all this controversy in Indiana will help discourage Oklahoma Republicans from retrying the same bills next year.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:35 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No dear, that is a Country locater is all.
They're on Apple's Choose Your Country website. Clearly, they're directly supported by Apple:

You know, the same Apple that falsely claims they will never tolerate discrimination. No integrity. NONE.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:38 PM

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy nailed Pence the bigot:

Dem gov: Pence was 'stupid' to sign law | TheHill

Old 03-31-2015, 01:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're on Apple's Choose Your Country website. Clearly, they're directly supported by Apple:

You know, the same Apple that falsely claims they will never tolerate discrimination. No integrity. NONE.
Look at my post again. And see why you are wrong . If you aren't adult enough to look at it and admit it, then I, and no one on this board will take your opinions serious.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
At least Oklahoma has shelved all or nearly all of its dozen, or so, proposed bills that would legalize discrimination against GLBT people. They were worse than any other RFL, since they specifically named GLBT people. Hopefully, all this controversy in Indiana will help discourage Oklahoma Republicans from retrying the same bills next year.
Very good point. I am very glad this has happened, especially since we now have Bush, Rubio, Cruz and Walker on record backing this discriminatory law, thereby making it a topic in any debates.

Pence is being made to backtrack, hope he chokes on it.

Come on 2016!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies