Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Yes, in your state and every state; it is a federal law with no state-based exceptions. You're simply mistaken.
naw, you can be thrown out.. these laws are not enforced unless the person makes a
stink about it.
anyway i don't want to talk about this anymore..

Indiana Law a victory for common sense and freedom of association.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
I thought our Constitution already gave us freedom to worship as we choose...or not at all...it's OUR choice. I don't really know why we need another law!

Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I don't think there needs to be a centralized plan. The way I see it is that the service will be provided by someone. IMO, it's an irrational fear to worry that absolutely nobody would accept that person's business...or that nobody else would take advantage of that situation. If there is demand, someone will say "I don't care, I'll do the job for you".

Even if that were false and the person had absolutely nobody that would do business with them, I don't think it's that person's right to use the guns of government and force them to. If it's wrong for a person to do individually, it's still wrong if you have other people do it for you. The question I always ask myself is "if I personally did this, would it be wrong?"
Agreed for the most part. It's wrong to force anyone to be a part of a gay wedding. And in the vast majority of cases, somebody will step up and provide the services refused by others. It's money. People like money. I can only envision it being a problem in very small isolated communities. But in order to not be guilty of discrimination, you should have some sort of backup plan for those scenarios.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
naw, you can be thrown out.
Again: No matter how much you deny it, there is not a state in the union within which it is legal to refuse to serve patrons at a bar because they are not homosexual.

Quote:
anyway i don't want to talk about this anymore
Then you shouldn't visit the thread.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Enlightened. So that's what you call it.
Yeah, ENLIGHTENED

Ken

Old 04-01-2015, 02:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
naw, you can be thrown out.. these laws are not enforced unless the person makes a
stink about it.
anyway i don't want to talk about this anymore..

Indiana Law a victory for common sense and freedom of association.
So you can not back up your claims, and now want to change the subject when called on it?

Typical.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Why would anybody wanna go to "Ar kan saw" anyway? To do what? Shop at Walmart? Look at trailer parks?
Visit museums? Watch the horse races? Float the Buffalo River? Visit and hike pristine forests?

Your views on Arkansas are full of prejudice and ignorance.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Since gays claim they are born that way, then obviously it must be a birth defect if they like practicing deviant behavior.
What deviant behavior do gays practice that straight people do not?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Actually, per the Court, the decision affects "closely held" corporations such as Hobby Lobby. The Indiana law includes virtually everyone, every company, every organization, every group.
I was thinking of Citizen's United as well.

It is pretty clear what the Court's thinking is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Are you serious? Do you even know what you're talking about? Gays can't ask anyone to leave any gay establishment, unless they are acting inappropriately, such as public intoxication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Straight people are ALREADY allowed in to gay clubs. I have been to gay clubs where there were more heterosexuals that there were gays. As long as everyone is being cool there is no problem. If someone is being disruptive, then they can be asked to leave.
I have been to gay clubs with my cousin and her wife where I was refused entrance because I was a straight man.

I have also seen obviously straight dudes asked to leave gay clubs. Should I be worries I wasn't asked to leave?

Don't even get me started on Curves......

Old 04-01-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, so you have nothing substantial to back up that ridiculous claim earlier, huh? Mature.

This seems like a very Arkansas thing to do. I'm actually surprised they weren't the first state to try this.
Again with the bashing Arkansas. People's bigotry against Arkansas is bigotry. Just like bigotry against gay people. Arkansas is a beautiful state, and there are many fine people who live in Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies