Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 07:21 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Advertisements

Why is it so hard tonfind someone else to make a wedding cake?

[QUOTE=StillwaterTownie;39024452]FROM: An Open Letter to Christian Bakers in Indiana | Conciliar Post
"So what about gay people asking you to make their wedding cake? I’m not saying you have to condone their behavior, nor that you have to pretend to. But you have to serve them with the same messy, humble, all-forgiving love that Jesus shows you. My advice: regardless of the laws, bake the cake. Bake the biggest, tastiest, gayest cake you can, and do it for the glory of God."[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 07:22 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Where in the Bible or Koran does it say not to sell any goods or offer any services, such as weddings to homosexuals?
Which is a point I made before myself. Real sins are ignored by these so called Christian businessmen and something that is never even discussed in the bible is labeled as against their moral beliefs.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:24 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
If it was a Islamic bakery that refused to make the gay wedding cake would the left be freaking out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Which is a point I made before myself. Real sins are ignored by these so called Christian businessmen and something that is never even discussed in the bible is labeled as against their moral beliefs.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
You should be asking do liberals really want to be able to force Muslims to publish Mohammed cartoons given their opposition to the Indiana law?

It helps to understand the liberal mind, which is all about feeling good as opposed to doing good. The liberal mind is a emotional cesspool of nutty beliefs and illogical ideas, combined with a fervent belief that they can do no wrong. The scary part is that the nutty ideas and the risk of their implementation affects us all.

Three words for you. Trickle down economics.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:28 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This would apply to nearly every piece of legislation ever signed. Raise the gas tax? That hurts the lower classes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I was simply discussing this statement.

It's unfortunate that there are Governors that would sign legislation knowing full well that it would hurt some of their constituents.

That applies to many pieces of legislation. When the government interjects itself where I do not believe it belongs that affects me negatively (though I will grant not in the same way)
I agree. I used your example and applied it to the legislation we are all "discussing." If legislation effects everyone the "same" then I have less of a problem with it. I think we are on the same page but I'm not sure. I just believe in a fair system. That's all!!!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
If it was a Islamic bakery that refused to make the gay wedding cake would the left be freaking out?
There would be a solid portion who would take issue with it. I doubt it would be blown up as much though because American Muslims aren't beating the street acting obnoxious all the time. People are going to be more likely to take delight when a group they already have an issue with gets beat up.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Actually it is "discussed" in the bible

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE

It actually has quite a lot to say about it.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I agree. I used your example and applied it to the legislation we are all "discussing." If legislation effects everyone the "same" then I have less of a problem with it. I think we are on the same page but I'm not sure. I just believe in a fair system. That's all!!!
I believe in the government staying out of all of it.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:32 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post

Let Apple close all their Apple Stores in Chicago, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, etc and stop doing business with the federal government.
Here in Philadelphia ... and in Pittsburgh, too - LGBT people are a recognized minority and protected by local civil rights laws.

I am a landlord in Philadelphia. I am bound by a city/county law that prevents me from discriminating against people because of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, marital status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, veteran status, handicap, etc. I can NOT use my religious beliefs to circumvent that law.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:34 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Washington (CNN)Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is set to sign into law a measure that allows businesses to turn away gay and lesbian customers in the name of "religious freedom."

The move comes as Pence considers a bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination -- and just a year after Pence and socially conservative lawmakers lost their first policy battle against gay Hoosiers. In 2014 they had sought to amend Indiana's constitution to ban same-sex marriages -- but were beaten back by a highly-organized coalition of Democrats, traditionally right-leaning business organizations and fiscally focused supporters of Pence's predecessor, former GOP Gov. Mitch Daniels.

Pence to sign bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers - CNN.com

Is that really what this bill does? Or is it almost exactly what president Clinton signed into law back in 1993, and what 0bama backed when it was passed in Illinois?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies