Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Amazing. All the additional information that has come to light and still people are clinging to sanitized versions of events! People... this isn't like your doctor telling you that you have to come clean with your spouse about your affair because you've given them an STD. Denial there is understandable. Its personal, doesn't get much closer to home. Why this need to protect an individual none of you know? Its ok to call this what it apparently is: a tragic murder/suicide. That cockpit door didn't lock by itself! Someone suffering a seizure doesn't disable autopilots and hold aircraft on a steady course towards a mountainside.

It must clearly not be well known that there is a German National Movement that is extremely critical of the way Germany and other Western European countries have been handling Muslim immigration. Do none of you remember the mass shooting in Norway? That was the motive for the first ever mass shooting in that country. It is NOT inconceivable that nationalistic idealism played a part.

But... but... there is this... I am almost ashamed to bring this into the open... it really would help if the rest of you would open up insight into possibilities beyond a freaking stroke! The guy did what? Took 11 months off to be a flight attendant? Hello Kitty! My earlier post made with a considerable amount of tongue in cheek is vindicated, validated and vetted for veracity. Dude was **************, on a flight deck with some of the most obnoxiously hetero men (and women) that ever developed from a zygote. I know, I know... very un PC. Fine... keep imagining he suffered a low blood sugar episode. I will keep imagining that he had a lot more on his plate than the average jet jockey but was unable to cut the mustard.

And, and... I'm not done. We've all seen pics of this guy by now. Tell me... does he look Aryan to you? That might not mean anything at all and it might mean a whole lot. I'm just saying. People take things different ways. How far back do we need to go to know just where this guy came from? Maybe he just found out... "son, I have something to tell you..." maybe he found out when he took the hiatus from flying... I could be terribly off base but at least I am not suggesting that a $100 million dollar airplane's autopilot can't keep it flying level because the pilot (co-pilot, if you need to split hairs) who was in excellent health at his last physical, suddenly went into cardiac arrest when faced with the daunting task of monitoring an aircraft, cruising on autopilot, while the pilot went out on a bio break.

H
Wtf was even said in this post??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark85 View Post
How can they be sure there wasn't a third person in the cockpit, either a crew member or a passenger that forced his way in at the right moment, then knocked the copilot out? They really need to start putting cameras in cockpits.
What?? Hello!!! Do people just not read the news ever? Do you not know that they have the flight recorder? You didn't know that they can hear what was going on? Don't you think someone else coming into the cockpit would've been obvious & heard on the flight recorder?? My god I wish people would read first, post later.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Took all of four posts to bring Obama into this discussion.

Surprised it took that long.
It didn't take that long, Obama was in the OP.

"I didn't understand why Obama came out the same day and said there was no indications of terror"

Of course Obama didn't actually do that.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I can't understand why some people cannot put away their hatred, for a little while anyway.
Are you talking about yourself.

You certainly are NOT talking about me because I don't HATE anybody, unlike many on the left as yourself.

I DO understand why some people can't discuss the issue but, HAVE TO DIVERT TO ACCUSATIONS of posters.

The poster asked a legitimate question, "I didn't understand why Obama came out the same day and said there was no indications of terror, since no one really knew at that point.'

I pointed out that Obama does it ALL the time.

Why are you avoiding the question and instead attacking me?

If you can't the handle truth, maybe YOU shouldn't be posting.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:07 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I owe you a rep for this one. Some people will find a way to smear the president no matter what the topic is. Here we have a tragic plane crash with unknown causes and yet in the second line of the OP she makes it about Obama. It's a mental illness that many share regarding this president.

Re the crash, there's been reports that they think it's deliberate because they could hear the co-pilot breathing. Couldn't he have been unconscious and still be breathing normally? And I agree, there needs to be a way for a pilot to open the cockpit door from the outside somehow. I can't believe no one thought through a scenario like this when they started locking the cockpit door.
Yet you guys are STILL bring up W. Bush.

"if you can't take it, don't dish it out".

Talk about the height of hypocrisy!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Announced this morning, co- pilot was " under medical care" and hid his " condition" from his employer.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:25 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Globe99> Dude. It is not that I don't "understand someone would have to go to the bathroom." What I am saying, and what I said completely clearly in my message, is that it seems STRANGE to me that a pilot would need to excuse himself, absent an emergency, so soon after getting to altitude."

Maybe he had diarrhea? ...

Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Announced this morning, co- pilot was " under medical care" and hid his " condition" from his employer.
Yes, German media reported today that the investigators found ripped apart sick leave documents from his doctor in his appartment in Duesseldorf. So he was certified sick by his doctor but didn't report to Germanwings and got on the plane anyway.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Looks like the co-pilot has something in common with many of the other mass murderers of the last few decades, psychotropic drug use.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 03-27-2015 at 06:43 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 06:38 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
I'll bet he was taking antidepressants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies