Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Exactly. What would make the lead-pilot have to go to the bathroom so soon? I was thinking the diarrhea because he had to leave the cockpit...or maybe nausea?

What about emergency urinals and such, or small area to use the bathroom, inside the cockpit? That way they have no reason to leave, unless the pilot suffers a medical emergency...
I have a friend with COPD and he uses a specially designed plastic bottle so he doesn't have to get up. Pilots could use something similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:14 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't understand your tactic.
I should have realized it was over your head.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Looks like the co-pilot has something in common with many of the other mass murderers of the last few decades, psychotropic drug use.
I have not heard he was medicated. Did you draw this conclusion on your own? It's possible he was and went off his meds. No way to test in this situation.

Hundreds of millions of people all over the world take psychiatric meds each day. Somehow, they don't commit mass murder.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:16 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I have a friend with COPD and he uses a plastic bottle so he doesn't have to get up. Pilots could use something similar.
Exactly!

I wonder how many pilots out there are not "mentally stable" and will use this tragedy to enact their own "take down?"

Do we really know who is sane in the cockpit on these flights? The co-pilot hid his mental illness...so if he were mentally ill and a potential terrorist, what a lethal combination.

He had medical leave for the day of the crash. Plane crash co-pilot Lubitz hid illness, officials say - CNN.com

Old 03-27-2015, 07:16 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Now we DO know his motivation: He is a recent convert to Islam, according to German news report today.
GERMAN NEWS REPORT: Co-Pilot of Germanwings Airbus Was MUSLIM CONVERT …’Hero of Islamic State’? | The Gateway Pundit
Let us see if this pans out.

This is from the recent hour:

Germanwings crash probe turns on co-pilot's 'depression'

According to this article, German authorities still say that there was no evidence of religion being involved.

I thought I also read that during his six months off he actually worked as a flight attendant.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I have a friend with COPD and he uses a specially designed plastic bottle so he doesn't have to get up. Pilots could use something similar.
More likely some governments will reconsider putting a qualified engineer/ pilot in the cockpit in addition to the co-pilot as was once common and still employed by some Asian countries.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have not heard he was medicated. Did you draw this conclusion on your own? It's possible he was and went off his meds. No way to test in this situation.

Hundreds of millions of people all over the world take psychiatric meds each day. Somehow, they don't commit mass murder.
I wonder if they can test the pilot's body for the presence of alchohol.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:22 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Now we DO know his motivation: He is a recent convert to Islam, according to German news report today.
GERMAN NEWS REPORT: Co-Pilot of Germanwings Airbus Was MUSLIM CONVERT …’Hero of Islamic State’? | The Gateway Pundit
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.

Quote:
According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News
Michael Mannheimer is known in Germany as a right wing conspiracy theorist. PI-News is a Islamaphobic German blog.

Politically Incorrect (blog) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LMFAO!!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
The millenials are here. Good luck finding any who have never been in therapy or on some kind of psych medication. Wait until we find out he was having problems with his girlfriend and how he grew up wealthy and spoiled. Also, he downed a lot of "nutritional supplements" according to his neighbor.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I should have realized it was over your head.
Then my post must have been over your head since you said the exact same thing. Now maybe you can stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies