Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:04 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Obama announced not to long ago that it would administer another round of sanctions. When Iran heard the news, they barked and went to the negotiating table. Iran was worried of a collapse to its economy, which is fragile as we speak.

Crippling sanctions would eventually weaken them into a plausible deal, which they were deceitful in the first place. A better alternative to the third grade argument of war.
Well they don't look very weak to me neither does North Korea, sanctions take their toll but not perfect and it can drive a country further away from peace.

Bolton's proposal is absurd, if either the US or Israel bombed Iran it would drive countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey against us, he should keep his opinions to himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Bolton, the former Bush administration recess appointment U.S. ambassador and one of the key masterminds of the Iraq fiasco, has never met a foreign policy problem that can't be solved by bombing the problem nation. This guy dodged the draft during Vietnam not surprisingly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/op...iran.html?_r=0
I don't particularly like Bolton, but he's right though. We either go to war with Iran or accept that they will have nukes and that many of their neighbors will follow suit. There is nothing in between. The more we allow nuclear proliferation, the more likely it is that we will end up in a nuclear war.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I don't particularly like Bolton, but he's right though. We either go to war with Iran or accept that they will have nukes and that many of their neighbors will follow suit. There is nothing in between. The more we allow nuclear proliferation, the more likely it is that we will end up in a nuclear war.
That isn't his position. His position is we should bomb them. To stop them though would take a full out invasion which would most certainly lead to retaliation.

Iran has absolutely nothing to gain by attacking anyone. Surely you can understand their defensive position what with so many calling for an attack on them.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well they don't look very weak to me neither does North Korea, sanctions take their toll but not perfect and it can drive a country further away from peace.

Bolton's proposal is absurd, if either the US or Israel bombed Iran it would drive countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey against us, he should keep his opinions to himself.
Iran's economy is crap right now. The Iranian citizen Is feeling the pinch, not you or the Mullah's. Iran is pulling the same stunt as North Korea and if they are successful, then the NPT is useless.

Wrong. The Gulf Coast are the biggest advocates of Western airstrikes. They want the Western World to take the bull by the horns. A strike on Iran will be a last resort option and it will be supported by everyone but Iran and Russia.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you want to get into another war then you are certainly free to sign up. I doubt you will though. You just want everyone else to do it.
Don't complain when oil prices are $2 more and American imports twice the $$.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Iran's economy is crap right now. The Iranian citizen Is feeling the pinch, not you or the Mullah's. Iran is pulling the same stunt as North Korea and if they are successful, then the NPT is useless.

Wrong. The Gulf Coast are the biggest advocates of Western airstrikes. They want the Western World to take the bull by the horns. A strike on Iran will be a last resort option and it will be supported by everyone but Iran and Russia.
But you already know that a strike won't work. You also know that it'll lead to full blown Iranian retaliation...which leads to a war.

You know ALL of this.

You also know that Iran can't be defeated in an all out invasion of their country. You also know that ground troops must be introduced into Iran proper because air strikes are insufficient.

So tell me...do you plan to participate in that war?

Old 03-28-2015, 03:58 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

There are Arab factions that want to pull out of the battle of Tikrit if the US continues it's involvement, Turkey and others would not react well to us bombing Iran. This would give extremists in Saudi Arabia and Egypt reason to believe this was the beginning of a US invasion.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But you already know that a strike won't work. You also know that it'll lead to full blown Iranian retaliation...which leads to a war.

You know ALL of this.

You also know that Iran can't be defeated in an all out invasion of their country. You also know that ground troops must be introduced into Iran proper because air strikes are insufficient.

So tell me...do you plan to participate in that war?
So what do you oppose then? Appeasing and pretending their wonderful potential peace partners? What happens when they become nuclear and decided to continue its embark for its Persian empire?

You also not understanding the significance of this good deal. If the NPT fails, then other countries will pursue nuclear weapons from all over the world. Do you notice that almost every country in the Middle East has either have had their government toppled or in strife? Imagine if Syria has nuclear weapons? Or Iraq?

Don't be coy with me, I am simply speaking about the interests of the U.S. Foreign Policy is more complicated than you want it too be. And if one more person pretends that I advocate war, Im going to flip.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are Arab factions that want to pull out of the battle of Tikrit if the US continues it's involvement, Turkey and others would not react well to us bombing Iran. This would give extremists in Saudi Arabia and Egypt reason to believe this was the beginning of a US invasion.
What... The only thing the Arab countries care about right now is stopping Iran from flipping taking over their countries and toppling Assad.

There is no clean side on a turd. They are all just as bad, but Iran is the king of bad.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
So what do you oppose then? Appeasing and pretending their wonderful potential peace partners? What happens when they become nuclear and decided to continue its embark for its Persian empire?

You also not understanding the significance of this good deal. If the NPT fails, then other countries will pursue nuclear weapons from all over the world. Do you notice that almost every country in the Middle East has either have had their government toppled or in strife? Imagine if Syria has nuclear weapons? Or Iraq?

Don't be coy with me, I am simply speaking about the interests of the U.S. Foreign Policy is more complicated than you want it too be. And if one more person pretends that I advocate war, Im going to flip.
Go ahead and flip. I want you to. Wish I could be there to see it.

You haven't denied that airstrikes will lead to war. You know we can't win that war.

Soooo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies