Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:22 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,511,976 times

Advertisements

This thread is as relevant and current as any of the other threads that seem to concentrate on what whites do, yet those questioning this thread are absent on the others. Black on black murders are a current problem widespread in the US.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:25 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
It's a really good question that absolutely needs to be addressed, but it is not. You sure won't hear Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton mention it. It is only when a white murders a black person apparently that it really is a matter of concern. I think it is a sad and serious "hands off" subject that their community won't touch because there is no way to blame anyone outside of themselves for it.
How do you know it's a hands off subject in these communities, which you aren't a part of? The thing is if you don't know any blacks outside of associates and coworkers and you don't reside in these communities then you have no clue what's being discussed or addressed. The media doesn't shine the light or represent every aspect of what's occurring in these communities. And I know off the top of my head as a ya know actual black person that this is being discussed. The thing is, it just isn't being discussed with you.

There are many programs, initiatives and people speaking up about these issues. But again you wouldn't know it, esp. if your relying on the media to tell you. The fact that you think it's untouched or not talked about in these communities let's me know that your on the outside. Without a clue.

It's amusing. You most likely have never stepped foot in a predominantly black community long enough to find out what's being discussed or done have you? Do you get insights about blacks from the media? Or Sharpton? Or both. And you actually think that this means that you know what isn't being talked about?

I don't live in these communities but I know of those living in and living out of these communities that certainly talk about it, speak up, and DO things to address the issues.

The real problem is that the discussion isn't happening with whites and so some of you think that because it isn't being discussed with YOU that isn't being discussed amongst blacks. The truth is that unless it involves a white person, black on black crime would not be a discussion that would involve whites. Perhaps that sounds cold but I'm being honest-you don't know what's being talked about amongst other blacks because unless it involves you, why would you be needed in the discussion?

If you really want to know more why not go into these areas where black on black crime happen and find out from the community what there thoughts are?

Last edited by Faith2187; 03-27-2015 at 06:45 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 06:30 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,326,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Blacks seem to prefer murdering other blacks more than they prefer murdering people that are of a different skin color. Why is that?
Whites murder other whites more than they murder blacks. Why is that? Stupid thread.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,887 times
Quote:
This thread is as relevant and current as any of the other threads that seem to concentrate on what whites do, yet those questioning this thread are absent on the others. Black on black murders are a current problem widespread in the US.
I bet you no one really tells you anything you don't already know. I mean why do people kill each other?

Think about it.

Lol.
But for real, your not really concerned about black on black crime are you? If so why post this on a website that is predominantly white? Shouldn't the target audience be those who actually are in the inside , ya know the blacks killing each other? Wouldn't they be the only ones that could honestly answer? Everyone else is just offering guesses. So again why is this thread in this sub forum? What is the real intent?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 PM

244 posts, read 246,807 times
Quote:
Just a bit? Indianapolis, Chicago, Oakland would seem to disagree with you. It would seem that blacks tend to value the lives of people with skin colors other than black more than they value those that are black. For example, if a white wears a red colored pair of shoes they will ignore it, if its a black, its game on to see who can kill the other first. Forget that they will kill each other over far less, say just walking down the "wrong" street, even if it is a small child.
Is there a red shoe study out there somewhere or did you test your hypothesis yourself? Did you put red shoes on a white person, have them walk the long black gauntlet and watch them emerge unscathed? And then you put red shoes on a black person, they walked the same gauntlet and didn't even make it halfway before the black folk descended on them like a pack of lions finishing off a wildebeest?

Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 PM

138 posts, read 163,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
It's a really good question that absolutely needs to be addressed, but it is not. You sure won't hear Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton mention it. It is only when a white murders a black person apparently that it really is a matter of concern. I think it is a sad and serious "hands off" subject that their community won't touch because there is no way to blame anyone outside of themselves for it.
Agreed

Old 03-27-2015, 08:02 PM

5,078 posts, read 2,287,589 times
Because the country is pretty segregated, so black people are likely to live around and know mostly...other black people. If you live in the middle of Detroit or southeastern D.C. or someplace like it, how many non-black people are you going to come across? Not many.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 PM

31,726 posts, read 26,642,574 times
Back in the day when people stuck with their own kind Italians killed Italians, Polish killed Polish, Irish killed Irish, Poor White Trash killed Poor White Trash. So what is your point?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 PM

9,130 posts, read 5,776,370 times
Most victims are murdered by someone known to them.
All races kill their own race in greater numbers.

Birds of a feather kill each other?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,296,060 times
Quote:
Blacks seem to prefer murdering other blacks more than they prefer murdering people that are of a different skin color. Why is that?
Rent the movie BABY BOY and watch the director conversation by John Singleton included on the DVD. He'll explain that black kids in place like LA, NYC, Detroit and cities like that, are raised to hate and not trust other black males.

I understand the feeling, growing up in Brooklyn, if I had to walk past of a group of black males I didnt know, instead of expecting the vibe to be friendly, my defenses went up because there was a good chance they would throw something at me, call me out of name, stare aggressively, or pick a fight out of boredom. FOr some reason, thats tjust the way it is. You grow up with a very Kill or be Killed attitude and its hard to break it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies