Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:21 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Go over and beyond to get people register as voters. Even going to retirement homes for seniors, Moble units out to Rural and the urban centers of the country,
Idmay not deter the serious professional law breaker, but works 99% of the time. I wasvery impressed with Florida and Arizona in the process that one goes thru at the DMV.
What's wrong with getting people to vote? You think people in retirement homes shouldn't be allowed to vote? What are you afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 12:38 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You righties claim that voter fraud is rampant so show how rampant it is and how many elections have been changed due to voter fraud.
You lefties need to show that presenting valid photo ID when registering to vote and voting constitutes an unreasonable burden on voters.

You haven't done that.

You need to explain why ensuring the integrity of the election process is bad public policy.

You haven't done that.

And, with respect to your demand that conservatives show that voter fraud has changed election results, you need first to show that voter fraud could not possibly change election results even though there are no ID requirements.

You not only haven't shown that....you can't show it.

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-30-2015 at 12:54 AM..

Old 03-30-2015, 12:55 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
you need a Birth Certificate to go to school and I.D. to apply for work.......you mean to tell me in 2015 millions of blacks don't have either?????? LMAO!!! liberals make me laugh.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Students shouldn't be allowed to register to vote where they go to school unless they and their parents are residents of that community.
I actually have a close friend that went to Yale during the 1970's. He voted from New Haven in odd number years and his family's New York residence in even number years. To be fair he was an intelligent and responsible person. Also, he never actually returned to living with his parents. He moved into New York City after completing his education. So he would have been voting on the future of his parents' suburban area, in which he had no stake.

By contrast I went to Cornell and had no interest in local politics. I continued to vote by absentee ballot. Even during my six post-education years living in New York City I returned to my parents' county to vote. I moved to that same county with my wife and of course vote there. Every year, even uncontested elections.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There are people out there that can't tie their own shoes.
LOL, obviously people who think it's too hard to get a voter ID are those kinds that tie their own shoes. Shouldn't they be riding a short bus to some kind of school for retardation?

Old 03-30-2015, 10:31 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I actually have a close friend that went to Yale during the 1970's. He voted from New Haven in odd number years and his family's New York residence in even number years.
I actually have a close friend that went to Yale during the 1970's. He voted from New Haven and his family's California residence every year; he thought it was funny how easy it was.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
you need a birth certificate to go to school.......you need an I.D. to get a job, open a bank account, cash your work checks, apply for credit for house loan, rent, apply for credit , get welfare, set up utilities under your name, use your credit cards when merchants ask for I.D. for the sale,, travel and lots of other things.

Liberals mean to tell us that millions of blacks have been living their lives without that? in 2015!!!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
The Tea Party trash charges up the nose for an ID but likes to pretend its not a poll tax that violates the 24th Amendment. Teabaggers aare such disingenuous liars and have stop even trying to conceal it.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 AM

187 posts, read 270,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
The Tea Party trash charges up the nose for an ID but likes to pretend its not a poll tax that violates the 24th Amendment. Teabaggers aare such disingenuous liars and have stop even trying to conceal it.
Many states have an inexpensive voter ID, will cost you $10-15 and in many cases can be obtained for no charge at all to those who have no other government ID. I know my state will even allow people above a certain age to get one without presenting a birth certificate since many may not have one.

Stop spewing garbage lies. You have to have a form of ID for just about everything you do: banking, buying alcohol/cigarettes, driving, flying, prescriptions, getting a job, etc. Anyone who doesn't have some form of government ID is just flat lazy.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:20 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Free nation, free to vote, its 2015. We should see all the votes, all live, all accounted for, and all systems in place to secure the vote. In a free nation I dont want any secrets on who someone voted for. This ends the diebold cheating systems, where you can see your vote was counted and a paper trail, election voter trail. Every individual has a right to vote if your a citizen of this country if you can prove your a citizen you are given a voter CARD. You take your voter card to the polls, it has a magnetic strip which counts your votes, your history and all elections. If they can give out welfare cards they can give out voter id cards. Of all the things the government should spend money on that would be a good one. Poor etc is an EXCUSE if they can get a welfare check they can get a voter id, so they can keep voting for the democrats and more welfare checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies