Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:09 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Nice!!! I prefer the one with him riding a dinosaur :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 05:32 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,987,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I was watching a fairly liberal political talk show (especially since Tim Russert passed away) about the Hillary email scandal. There was a total koolaid drinker on trying to defend the indefeasible, yet she kept droning on.
Even the host Chuck Todd (who is a (D) apologist) was countering this woman's defense, yet she is such a zealot she could not help but be an apologist for Hillary. This despite the obvious attempts on her part to try to deflect reasoned criticism of her actions.

Watch XFINITY Videos Online | Music | News | Entertainment | Sports | TV | HD | Comcast

People like this are obvious examples of why conservatives are critical of the zealots who would defend Hillary, even if a video surfaced of her strangling puppies and kittens. The thing many zealots do not realize is that moderates (including sensible women) are not buying the convenience crap Hillary is peddling. If her past was clean and her closet empty, she and her minions might be able to pull the wool over regular people eyes.
However considering how polarizing she is and the reasons that caused such a perception, she will not get the free ride liberal (D's) had hoped she would.

`
It's frustrating when the best campaign claim the Republicans have is that Clinton used her own email system rather than the State Departments. She will win the 2016 election with margins even bigger than that of President Obama and all the Republicans can do is whine about her use of email.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:06 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Many people vote solidly for their party with little thought to question whether or not the candidate is worthy of their vote or not. Blind obedience to what they're told to do.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:02 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Not really. It's like saying a jay walker and a serial killer are the same thing because each has committed a crime. Sure conservatives are guilty of ignoring principles and being partisan, but it isn't a basic feature of conservatism the way it is with liberalism. Dishonesty and misrepresentation are used by both sides, but they are accepted and encouraged on the left an order of magnitude more than they are on the right.
Must be why "Well, I don't remember" was so casually accepted as an excuse for selling weapons to an enemy by the right and why the shredding of many papers over that affair was so readily accepted by the right.

Your allegation that dishonesty and misrepresentation " are accepted and encouraged on the left an order of magnitude more than they are on the right " is sorely lacking factual support.

BTW, it wasn't a left leaning POTUS who required a pre-emptive pardon to keep his sorry ass out of jail, eh?

It is entertaining though to see the right's continual attempts to mount the high moral horse they have no clue how to ride.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:04 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Must be why "Well, I don't remember" was so casually accepted as an excuse for selling weapons to an enemy by the right and why the shredding of many papers over that affair was so readily accepted by the right, eh?

Your allegation that dishonesty and misrepresentation " are accepted and encouraged on the left an order of magnitude more than they are on the right " is sorely lacking factual support.
Yes, it's a wasted argument. Both sides are largely utterly corrupt.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:41 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I never understood how people can blindly view politics like you do. The yellow dog (D's) had their historical reasons for not wanting to vote for an (R), but I doubt that includes you.
So to think you would vote for an under qualified, corrupt and polarizing person like Hillary over any (R) is frankly sad.

I have voted for both parties even though I vote (R) much more often. If the (R's) nominated someone equivalent to Hillary, I could not bring myself to vote for them even as a lesser of two evils type of thinking.

Lastly, I have heard the refrain of the (R's) have changed so much. Yet if you were to look at where the R's & D's have been in just the last 30 years compared to today, you'd find the D's are the ones who have changed the most.
Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

I'll address your last point though, as it DOES rise above petty bickering. I agree that Democrats have undergone tremendous changes in the past few decades. More than Republicans? I dunno... maybe. But the QUANTITY of change isn't what's important to me.

What's important to me is that Democrats for all their flaws have changed for the better. While Republicans have changed for the worse. Republicans have ALWAYS been the party of wealthy worshiping sycophants- but in the past few decades they've also embraced the xenophobia, anti-intellectualism, jingoism, and racism that Democrats owned 50 years ago.

I won't support that. And I'll vote for whomever stands in their way.

Deal with it.

Last edited by turkey-head; 03-30-2015 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Oh yeah, almost forgot:

BENGHAZIIIIIII!!!11!1!!ONE!!!!1!!!

Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Not really. It's like saying a jay walker and a serial killer are the same thing because each has committed a crime. Sure conservatives are guilty of ignoring principles and being partisan, but it isn't a basic feature of conservatism the way it is with liberalism. Dishonesty and misrepresentation are used by both sides, but they are accepted and encouraged on the left an order of magnitude more than they are on the right.

Who pays you and how much for saying these untruths? I don't know anyone that thinks like you say Democrats do.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I won't defend Hillary's actions here. She's crooked as hell.

But I'll vote for her anyway. Considering what the Republicans have become (and I used to be one), I'd vote for even a known crooked Democrat over an honest Republican (which as we all know, are as rare as Sasquatch).
Why not write in or don't vote at all. Strange to vote for someone you would not agree with. If Jeb Bush is the pick.......then I say Goofy should be a write in.....think, don't just vote!

Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
WTH are you talking about? WV Appalachia has been voting for Democrat politicians for decades. And, true to Dem policy's oppressive nature, their lives haven't improved.

Scroll down to 20th and 21st centuries:

Political party strength in West Virginia
Since many Dems are coal miners.......does make one wonder!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies