U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:58 PM

9,381 posts, read 4,305,776 times

Advertisements

I was watching a fairly liberal political talk show (especially since Tim Russert passed away) about the Hillary email scandal. There was a total koolaid drinker on trying to defend the indefeasible, yet she kept droning on.
Even the host Chuck Todd (who is a (D) apologist) was countering this woman's defense, yet she is such a zealot she could not help but be an apologist for Hillary. This despite the obvious attempts on her part to try to deflect reasoned criticism of her actions.

Watch XFINITY Videos Online | Music | News | Entertainment | Sports | TV | HD | Comcast

People like this are obvious examples of why conservatives are critical of the zealots who would defend Hillary, even if a video surfaced of her strangling puppies and kittens. The thing many zealots do not realize is that moderates (including sensible women) are not buying the convenience crap Hillary is peddling. If her past was clean and her closet empty, she and her minions might be able to pull the wool over regular people eyes.
However considering how polarizing she is and the reasons that caused such a perception, she will not get the free ride liberal (D's) had hoped she would.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 03:02 PM

8,529 posts, read 12,487,770 times
Unfort, when the Queen talks, people listen without a conscience.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:08 PM

9,544 posts, read 7,868,765 times
EVERYBODY, regardless of party, thinks THEIR person is perfect, has never done any wrong, never will do wrong, and anybody who thinks (or proves) that said person actually DID WRONG, is a fool or a liar or deluded or...
Very few people can see that the Emperor's new clothes are an illusion, and the Emperor is actually naked and ugly!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 PM

79,555 posts, read 33,768,450 times
My wife would love to vote for a woman to be president. It won't be Hillary.

My wife respects herself too much.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:16 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,647,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
EVERYBODY, regardless of party, thinks THEIR person is perfect, has never done any wrong, never will do wrong, and anybody who thinks (or proves) that said person actually DID WRONG, is a fool or a liar or deluded or...
Very few people can see that the Emperor's new clothes are an illusion, and the Emperor is actually naked and ugly!
Not really. It's like saying a jay walker and a serial killer are the same thing because each has committed a crime. Sure conservatives are guilty of ignoring principles and being partisan, but it isn't a basic feature of conservatism the way it is with liberalism. Dishonesty and misrepresentation are used by both sides, but they are accepted and encouraged on the left an order of magnitude more than they are on the right.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:19 PM

6,553 posts, read 3,289,739 times
Quote:
Not true at all. Plenty of people on both parties criticize the guy they voted for and recognize his flaws. I like Rand Paul, for example, but he's not perfect, especially now that he's got to suck up to the hyper conservative right in order to get a nomination.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 PM

35,739 posts, read 10,583,202 times
Don't you love Chuck Todd? "[Hillary scrubbing the server] makes perfect political sense." I laughed harder than Chuck Todd was laughing as he said that (dour looks are reserved for interrogating the other side). Let's not forget, too, that Hillary claims she didn't send one classified email during her stint as SOS. Yet the queen shall not be questioned.

Sadly, Meet the Press has been on a downward spiral since Russert's demise (at least there was a semblance of impartiality with him), and it jumped the shark when TPTB courted Jon Stewart for the gig.

These days, the only thing I like about MTP is the opening theme. And they even managed to scroil that up. Thankfully, I found and downloaded the original version while it's still available. I'll play it when I want to remember MTP in its glory days.

*sigh*

Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM

3,912 posts, read 1,653,916 times
I won't defend Hillary's actions here. She's crooked as hell.

But I'll vote for her anyway. Considering what the Republicans have become (and I used to be one), I'd vote for even a known crooked Democrat over an honest Republican (which as we all know, are as rare as Sasquatch).

Old 03-29-2015, 03:56 PM

9,440 posts, read 5,832,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I won't defend Hillary's actions here. She's crooked as hell.

But I'll vote for her anyway. Considering what the Republicans have become (and I used to be one), I'd vote for even a known crooked Democrat over an honest Republican (which as we all know, are as rare as Sasquatch).
You don't think anyone is surprised you'll be voting for Hillary, or anyone with a (d) after their name, do you? You probably expect people believe you used to be a Republican too.

Voting for her makes you part of the problem. You might as well defend her since you're supporting her with your vote.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:57 PM

1,665 posts, read 1,655,955 times
Quote:
Not everyone. I'm a Dem and she won't get my vote. I can't stand the thought of political Dynasties. I wasn't happy when Bush Jr. won for the same reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies