Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just where is this magical place that never needs heating or, cooling......and you can bike to work???

Now I doubt you are in the USA.
I live near a very well known University in California and I work there as a physicist. That's all I will say, my commute is less then 2 miles each way.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Rude much? Pigs are not smarter than any person.
Actually pigs are much smarter then babies and toddlers, it isn't rude, it's the truth.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Opinion not fact.
It is a fact that I do more for the environment than pretty much anyone.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
(but killing humans before 20 weeks is A-ok with you....)

You've lost. The minute you resorted to all the name-calling and insults, you lost the argument.

(again, with the swearing).

About that taste....isn't it WEIRD how most people eat things that TASTE GOOD to them?!? Wow! Shocker!

I am going to try something new and novel....I will try preparing foods that do not taste good! That could potentially be a really good thing...fewer people will come over for dinner, thereby saving me food AND money....hmmm, you might be on to something there.

This morning, I had a macrabre scene in my backyard. There was a duck. Around the duck was a cloud of feathers and down. All the flesh was stripped off the back. The body was still warm. Who committed this atrocity? A coyote. I can guarantee you that duck felt far more fear, terror, and pain from being stalked, hunted, caught, and eaten by this coyote than it would have been by a quick kill by a hunter. AND, a good hunter would have used the entire meat, not have left the entire breast portion, like the coyote did. So, I suppose you would want to ban coyotes from torturing ducks now, too.
I have a short temper for dumb people.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
It is a fact that I do more for the environment than pretty much anyone.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:13 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I live near a very well known University in California and I work there as a physicist. That's all I will say, my commute is less then 2 miles each way.
Oh the state that's running out of water because it's so "green"

Mary Steenburgen would like to share thoughts on preparing chicken.

https://youtu.be/D4ukDXT-MqM

Old 04-04-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow. That's pretty extreme, but whatever gets you through the night. That's a LOT of people to hate. Seems , to me anyway, all that loathing could burn a guy up. But, its still a free country, and its your time to kill. Most folks don't see someone's diet as a reason to hate them. Can't say as I've ever based how I feel about someone based on what they eat. Even if I find it not to my taste. But, whatever.

As I said earlier, the links say there is a criminal investigation going on, looking into the doings at the plants in question. That's a good thing, and I'm sure more people will come forward, and some suits will get their feet toasted. What's to be done is being done, so , maybe, you can draw some modicum of satisfaction from that. Honestly, the level of vitriol, you express for people who eat meat, is , rather, counterproductive.

Having meat in a diet is an accepted practice, and shouldn't be used as a judge of a persons character. Its hardly an accurate measure of what a perons heart is like. Most everyone I count as close to me eat meat, and better folks, I couldn't hope to find. Some of what you have expressed here raises my eyebrows, in its level of ill will. You have cited logic as a basis for your thinking, yet much of how you express yourself is highly illogical and very reactionary. Hardly a logical approach, to folks you'retrying to convince of the merits of your rationale. As to animals being abused, nobody here has condoned such practice,iin the raising of meat animals. Even some of your fellow vegans, here, are raising brows at the level of bile in some of what you have posted. (Hint)

Now, other than taste, there are a lot of other reasons I eat meat. When balanced with vegetables, it gives me good energy. When I was hospitalized last year, when an old crush injury became degenerative, the dietician who was working with me said I NEED what's in meat to heal properly, and to help keep the degenerative disease from coming back. The three different surgeons, who patched me up, seconded this. Supplements, they said, don't cut it, because of how the body metabolizes the proteins, vitamins and minerals. Meat promotes healing, and , in my case, certainly, that is very important. Trying to follow a vegan diet could, and probably would, land me back in the hospital. This time, I might not come out. SL, I eat how the docs tell me. That includes quality meats.

That reason, alone, is all I need to keep meats on my menu. I can go into great detail , as to the specific medical condition, but I would still eat meat without that factor in play. (Sbrug) I figure these people know of what they speak. Since they are far better educated and intelligent than either you or I, I think I believe them. I don't think I'm a one off case either. The docs told me that they recommend all surgical patients eat like this. Particarly when deep bone and tissue trauma and subsequent infection is involved. I reckon they should know. Is that a valid enough reason to suit your question?
How do you feel about people who kill and eat babies? What if they are killed humanly? Think about that and you will understand how I feel. I realize this delusion that eating meat is ethical is so engrained in our culture so I am still friends with meat eaters I just don't view them as ethical people.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Who are meat eaters oppressing? Who are meat eaters exploiting?
If that isn't obvious to you I cannot help you. Trying to explain this to you would be akin to teaching a dog arithmetic or trying to teach the general population quantum mechanics.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Oh the state that's running out of water because it's so "green"

Mary Steenburgen would like to share thoughts on preparing chicken.

https://youtu.be/D4ukDXT-MqM
WTF?? How is this of any relevance.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:20 PM

Normally I am a fairly reserved person. I am not used to the level of stupidity that is in this thread, I mostly associate with scientists and other educated people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies