Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bull! He came after Zimmerman. He could have gone home.

The facts in this case are clear. You choose to ignore them.

1. How do you know this? It is just something you have decided, based upon suggestions.. nobody saw it but some choose to believe Z' s story. How do you know T was not still trying to get home, while watching out for the freak following him, as the vigilante did not head for his truck, but was still hunting him down? I know, I know....you already have a scenario set in your head, why try to disrupt that?

2. And the "facts" are not clear, some not having been introduced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 04:33 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
To mention, I can tell those who apparently never bothered to consider all the actual info that had been listed factually, the timeline, the overview maps of the condo complex, or the video of GZ with a detective, having returned to the scene to reenact the crime, etc.

Since I had seen it, I've always envisioned the area and where he was walking, coupled with what he actually said while on the recorded phone call. (Though he had altered his story from the police interrogation and crime scene reenactment, I go more with what is heard on his 4 Min., 7 Sec call to police, since it is was recorded.

It is harder to envision from TM's standpoint, since he did not get to walk us through or tell us what his experience was. All we have "from his end" is (a) what information was collected from the cell phone, (b) what his friend Rachel describes as being said during their phone call, which was an 18 Min. conversation, which begins earlier and is disconnected. She calls him back and they are connected a few more minutes, which is when she overhears the two males conversing, then phone dropping. She trys to contact him another time unsuccessfully and the records indicate this was only 1 min., 12 sec. Before the shot.. The only other information we have is (c) from a manufactured story, by the one who survived, including "dialogue" and actions that are inconsistent. Much of other, valuable evidence appeared to have been thrown out.

What I detest, is the assumption by some that this young man was "obviously" at fault and "deserved" what happened, drummed up by certain sources, knowing it would get a reaction by some, to feel justified in the outcome. It sickens me that those exist who make these kinds of judgements. Also, the implication regarding anything racial which I feel had little to do with anything, outside of how GZ may have been motivated, but to me, wrong is wrong, no matter who is involved.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Why would I want someone to pay for a crime they didn't commit and why would I ever base my views of a case on the skin color of the parties involved?
You tell me. Your the one not accepting the evidence in this case.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:08 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
Quote:

Quote:

JUROR: I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the
right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and
wanting to catch these people so badly, that he went above and beyond what he
really should have done. But I think his heart was in the right
place. It just went terribly wrong.

COOPER: Do you think he's guilty of something?

JUROR: I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. When he
was in the car and he called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that
car. But the 911 operator also, when he was talking to him, kind of egged
him on. I don't know if it's their policy to tell them what to do, not to
get out of the car, to stay in their car. But I think he should have said,
stay in your car, not can you see where he's gone.
CNN transcript: George Zimmerman juror speaks - Page 3 - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

Speaking for myself.

Hard to accept a verdict when in her interview, her words should have given GZ a guilty verdict. She's a total contradiction of herself.

She is another one blaming someone else for GZ's actions instead of holding him responsible. His heart was in the right place? Sure it was.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Venia View Post
Would these injuries be the only injuries found on him if what he said had happened? No. Not even close.
Would the severity of injuries be at this level if all he alleges occurred to him had truly happened? No. Definitely not. The injuries are totally inconsistent with that.
Prove it.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, actually it's evidence that he got his ass whupped in a fair fight...one on one.

That happens in fights as you should well know (and not as the guy doing the whupping).
When there is evidence of an assault, that doesn't imply who started it or whether or not it was fair. It is simply stating that there damage was done by another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Venia View Post
The nature of the injuries is entirely non-specific to assault situations, and therefore these injuries do not prove an assault took place, or even if one did, who it was doing the assaulting.
I clearly said this was evidence of an assault not proof.

You need to be more careful when you read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
This means nothing. "Chances"? This was due to an initial glance. He was not REALLY that injured. Lol...if his nose had actually been broken, it would have been obvious to an examiner and concluded as such, being treated appropriately for a broken nose. Dear God, you should quit attempting to justify this.
Do you know what the symptoms of a broken nose are?

They would be soreness to the nose, swelling, bleeding and bruising around the eyes. Those are what the PA observed.

Additionally:

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/inj..._the_nose.html

Quote:
Ordinarily, a doctor diagnoses a broken nose by gently feeling the bridge of the nose for irregularities in shape and alignment, unusual movement of bones, the rough sensation of broken bones moving against one another, and tenderness. X-rays of the nose are not normally done because they are not accurate for diagnosing fractures or helpful in indicating what treatment is necessary. If doctors suspect an injury to other bones in the face or to the skull, they do computed tomography (CT).

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-01-2015 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 AM

1,077 posts, read 872,433 times
I can post photos of broken noses and none look as pristeen clean as GZ did. He didn't bleed as one would expect but he did have three pricks on the tip of his nose. Nor would I expect him to be running up the stairs at the police station with such ease, he didn't show signs of discomfort running up the stairs.

He has dark circles under his eyes just as his big brother does. Many have this, me included. It's a trait that his family seems to have.

Doesn't mean his nose was fractured.

Why didn't he go to the hospital when asked by EMT that deadly night?

Why would he refuse treatment for a broken nose that definitely would bolster his claim of being assaulted?

Common sense would take you (general you) a long way. If it doesn't make sense, it's not the truth.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:30 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Instead of citing news, I mean rumor mill, why not cite the source? The entire case file is here:

AxiomAmnesia.com Presents They Always Get Away: Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Documents, Photos, Videos, Audio, and Articles

Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
George Zimmerman was acquitted in criminal court, the DoJ found insufficient cause to pursue civil rights prosecution, and the civil court wrongful death suit has been apparently abandoned. So why is Zimmerman being retired in the court of public opinion? Dude is an idiot of his own accord, his life is essentially ruined already, and his own personality is a worse punishment than anything a court could dream up....and we live in a nation where there is no double jeopardy.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-01-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and reply

Old 04-01-2015, 08:45 AM

244 posts, read 248,170 times
Quote:
Not accepting evidence? I think you mean I weighed the evidence, as I presume you did, and reached a conclusion you didn't reach? Feel free to clarify. And while you're free to post whatever you wish, your posts will carry more weight if you back them up with something more substantial than "you think Zimmerman is guilty because Trayvon was black" (paraphrased). Oh, I meant to ask you earlier: What does Ferguson have to do with State of Florida v Zimmerman? Since this trial was concluded before Ferguson erupted, I'm thinking: Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies