Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 07:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data Venia View Post

Also, isn't amazing how quickly Zimmerman went from 195 lbs to a pudgy 300-pound defendant and how quickly that weight disappeared again after the trial? Remember this picture from when he was trying to set up a boxing match for money?
Remember that thing called a trial, where his gym instructor testified Z was non-athletic, a 1 on a scale of 1-10, didn't know how to throw a punch, all he did was shadow box, and wasn't even qualified to get into the ring with a live person ?

Remember that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post

I have no idea how the killer got his boo boos, but thanks to the medical expertise of my good friend Data Venia (among others), Trayvon's corpse, clothing and autopsy, the killer's statements and basic physics, I know how he didn't.

I know the death shriek belonged to Trayvon thanks to the killer's own words.

Sure, Z saying 'that doesn't even sound like me' is the only time anyone has uttered those words. No way was it really nothing more than a typical reaction to not recognizing one's own voice, especially in an unusual tone, as played on a recording via a phone. The Smoking Gun, unless it was Z yelling as cover for shooting TM

Yep, anonymous message board posters with self-declared medical expertise are great resources. It's a shame the knuckleheads who presented the state's case couldn't find anyone who'd agree with them.

The law in my state, like Florida's, allows deadly force if a person has a reasonable fear of imminent great bodily harm. I'm starting a movement to change the wording so deadly force can't be used until someone has 'Already Suffered' great bodily harm, so someone with mere boo boos will have to show patience & restraint before shooting.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:29 AM

118 posts, read 81,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Remember that thing called a trial, where his gym instructor testified Z was non-athletic, a 1 on a scale of 1-10, didn't know how to throw a punch, all he did was shadow box, and wasn't even qualified to get into the ring with a live person ?

Remember that ?

Yup. That would be the same trial where he was bragging to his PA about how much time he was spending in the gym getting fit and the same trial where it came out in discovery that he'd applied to the police force and therefore had to meet the application standards for sprints and distance runs, among other things. Zimmerman had to certify under penalty of perjury in his police force application that he could meet the police academy physical fitness requirements. A physician had to sign off on it.

Want to cherry pick some more?

Old 04-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention that person who allegedly didn't know how to throw a punch and could only "shadow box" was fired as bouncer for being too aggressive, wanted to be on the police force where he'd be guaranteed to need to use physical force as part of his job, and wanted to set up a boxing match for money... Yeah, what a wuss.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:49 AM

And then there's the small problem that the person making those statements about Zimmerman's alleged lack of prowess was THIS GUY...

George Zimmerman trial: Adam Pollock, witness for defense, accused of attacking woman with knife - CBS News

Adam Pollock Update: Witness in Zimmerman trial threatened to cut off woman's fingers, toes, arrest report alleges - CBS News

who then went on to advertise how you, too, could get the very same training program Zimmerman got...the one that made him into a 1 out of 10 fighter...

Kokopelli Gym Owner Offers George Zimmerman Training Program | Heavy.com

Old 04-05-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Yup. That would be the same trial where he was bragging to his PA about how much time he was spending in the gym getting fit and the same trial where it came out in discovery that he'd applied to the police force and therefore had to meet the application standards for sprints and distance runs, among other things. Zimmerman had to certify under penalty of perjury in his police force application that he could meet the police academy physical fitness requirements. A physician had to sign off on it.

Want to cherry pick some more?
Getting fit and losing weight aren't = to being fit or knowing how to fight.

Did he ever actually Take a police physical ? You're big on Claiming things are in discovery or testimony. Prove it.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
And then there's the small problem that the person making those statements about Zimmerman's alleged lack of prowess was THIS GUY...

George Zimmerman trial: Adam Pollock, witness for defense, accused of attacking woman with knife - CBS News

Adam Pollock Update: Witness in Zimmerman trial threatened to cut off woman's fingers, toes, arrest report alleges - CBS News

who then went on to advertise how you, too, could get the very same training program Zimmerman got...the one that made him into a 1 out of 10 fighter...

Kokopelli Gym Owner Offers George Zimmerman Training Program | Heavy.com
Aha, another perjurer for GZ. Lies, I tell ya, all lies.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Aha, another perjurer for GZ. Lies, I tell ya, all lies.
Perhaps you don't know that Pollock later admitted his testimony about Zimmerman's alleged inability to fight and his allegedly being "soft" was hearsay.

Witnesses are not allowed to testify to hearsay except for certain very limited exceptions, this not being one of them. Had the judge known this at trial, Pollock's testimony would not have been allowed, whether it was also perjured or wasn't.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Getting fit and losing weight aren't = to being fit or knowing how to fight.

Did he ever actually Take a police physical ? You're big on Claiming things are in discovery or testimony. Prove it.
Zimmerman did both at Kokopelli, so no need to propose a false dichotomy that it could have been only one of the two.

You can't apply to a law enforcement job in Florida without submitting a standard application that includes the items I mentioned. I've signed many of them for applicants over the years. Zimmerman's LEO application was not made public during the trial, just the non-physical reason he was eventually denied, but there would have been no way for him to escape filling it out and still progress through the application process to the point he did.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:52 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So if some idiot following you around in the dark with a gun, your plan is to just let him do it?

No, that would pretty stupid (like your question).
I would get the heck away from him.
I don't even need a four minute head start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies