Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,564,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Old people have ALWAYS complained about the youth. Resist the urge!
That's true. It was silly when they complained about Elvis dancing, then it progressed to drugs, music etc. and now has progressed further. Old people do complain, and the behavior they complain about has gotten more "free." As you move down that path, eventually you get to a place where the complaints have merit. When you start talking about people getting hurt, jumped, shot, sexaully assaulted etc., you have reached that place. Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone, but it is happening and people are more at risk of making poor decisions in places like the spring break spots where they get caught up in the crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 11:49 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,238,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
millennial is a large voting block that tends to vote dem.
So how did politics get injected into this?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:50 AM

2,142 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's true. It was silly when they complained about Elvis dancing, then it progressed to drugs, music etc. and now has progressed further. Old people do complain, and the behavior they complain about has gotten more "free." As you move down that path, eventually you get to a place where the complaints have merit. When you start talking about people getting hurt, jumped, shot, sexaully assaulted etc., you have reached that place. Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone, but it is happening and people are more at risk of making poor decisions in places like the spring break spots where they get caught up in the crowds.
Well so far they have been right, each generation gets progressively more incapable and depraved.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:51 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,037,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Sorry i thought i was in the politics forums. my apologies.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM

19,788 posts, read 12,040,487 times
Quote:
To be fair, you posted in POC.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How does this reflect upon me exab

If you want to play the generational warfare game, you will probably lose. Just look at America today. Certainly ain't my fault.
No the boomers gave birth to yours and instilled in it the same narcisism they have.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Sorry i thought i was in the politics forums. my apologies.

Politics and OTHER controversies.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,037,323 times
Quote:
Politics and OTHER controversies.
Yes, POLITICS AND others

Old 04-01-2015, 12:05 PM

998 posts, read 663,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
From the right? The OP comprises the entire right?

I thought the student's response was cute and in no way a "temper tantrum."

I don't think Hannity is old enough to be from the Woodstock generation/Baby Boomers. That's my parents generation, and they are in their mid to late 60s. I would guess Hannity is more around 50.

I went to Panama City every year for Spring Break. I didn't see the Hannity story, but my understanding is that it has gotten much worse since my college days. Tons of drugs, fights, arrests, etc. This year seven people were shot in one night. And the MS State quarterback was jumped by some thugs. When I went, it was just a bunch of college kids drinking on the beach.

I would guess you are very young if you think Hannity is a Baby Boomer.
Hannity was born in 1961, which actually does make him a boomer, since that particular generation is widely considered to span from post war 1946 to 1964. But that's all a technicality.

The point is, his program is appealing to the boomer generation's lizard brain when it does sensationalist segments about millennials partying on the beach, taking drugs, and having risky sex. It's very silly stuff, and isn't behavior that most young people in this country would fall in to. Millenials certainly didn't invent the art of debauchery, though people tend to have pretty short memories and would prefer to picture their grandmothers and grandfathers as living in some Norman Rockwell world, standing over a stove and making oatmeal raisin cookies in their aprons

Old 04-01-2015, 12:07 PM

13,853 posts, read 5,567,979 times
Seems OP has no appreciation for sardonic humor.

IT'S
A
JOKE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies