Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:17 PM

62,870 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why do you assume that Hispanic Americans all have illegal alien family members and that they support those illegals? I know a lot of Hispanics who waited and immigrated here legally, they hate illegal immigration.
The person you are replying thinks that Hispanics should be treated special by not deporting their illegal family members. He thinks they should be above our immigration laws and that's its ok for Hispanics to black mail our politicians for votes by treating them in this special manner. That kind of thought process makes me sick! Unfortunately, far too many Hispanics do think that way. The few you know are among the minority that don't expect their ethnic group to be put above our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 06:26 PM

62,870 posts, read 29,103,656 times
There is no such thing as an "undocumented" and there never has a plan for mass deportations. What a bunch of BS! The plan was to remove all the incentives for "illegal aliens" to remain here and to continue to come here. Many if not most would self-deport with no means to support themselves.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
NEVER happen. A Party cannot whine and complain about Black and Brown people on a regular basis and then expect them to support that same Party at the polls. One reaps what they sow and that is simply the fact of the matter.
Uh; "brown" ain't a race. "Hispanic" ain't a race either. "Illegal alien" ain't a race.

MOST people who CAN vote in the US are anglo white people, many of us DON'T want any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Too, many "Hispanic" people don't want amnesty either.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; "brown" ain't a race. "Hispanic" ain't a race either. "Illegal alien" ain't a race.

MOST people who CAN vote in the US are anglo white people, many of us DON'T want any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Too, many "Hispanic" people don't want amnesty either.
More Jibber Jabber from the right, who you trying convince, me or you?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP---Correct me if I'm wrong but you are Puerto Rican, correct? If so, then YOU should have no one in your extended family who is here illegally.

If you support amnesty, then you are throwing unskilled Puerto Rican workers under the bus as illegals undermine American citizen workers.

Why should either party be pandering to lawbreakers? That said, while the majority of illegals are of Hispanic descent, in the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries. Should both parties be pandering to Americans with promises of amnesty whose ancestry traces back to all those countries? For example, there are thousands of illegal Irish in this country? Should both parties be pandering to Irish-Americans with promises of amnesty?
Im 100% Anglo, my family owns property in Puerto Rico however. I agree entirely that illegal immigration hurts Puerto Ricans more than anyone else, especially economically and also by stirring up anger against anyone who is Hispanic. I realize that, but I also realize that we cannot deport 20 million people.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:52 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Im 100% Anglo, my family owns property in Puerto Rico however. I agree entirely that illegal immigration hurts Puerto Ricans more than anyone else, especially economically and also by stirring up anger against anyone who is Hispanic. I realize that, but I also realize that we cannot deport 20 million people.

and we can't give amnesty to 20 million people...we tried that in 1986 and it went from 5 million to 20 million.......something has to give.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:57 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
GOP needs 40% of Latino votes to win White House in 2016, Republican pollster says | Fox News Latino

Well we are not going to win 40% of the Hispanic vote by telling them that we are going to deport half their family so what is our plan?

Ahora es el momento por Jeb Bush ... we have no other options.

The GOP already knows this. This is why they are fine with the likes of loonies, such as Ted Cruz and Rand Paul to make a mockery of the Republican-presidential candidacy. They have the House on lock, they don't care about the White House.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 PM

30,353 posts, read 19,128,594 times
I agree that Repubs need a larger Hispanic vote and 40% seems about right....of course you wold like even more but not sure that is possible. The question is what will change their vote? Immigration I believe is a significant issue that must be addressed.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
In the new demographic USA, past data is out the door. The GOP will hold lots of state chambers, but not the big prize..the oval office.

I prefer the Gino Auriemma way..play for the title..nothing else is a successful year. In politics, the Presidency of the USA is the title.is

the big prize is not the oval office itself.....the big prize is controlling the W.H., Congress and the S.C.....right now the Republicans control 2 out of 3.

add the governorships which they have a lot to say on the state level.....I like the Republican position a lot better than the Democrats. 31 Republican governors to 18 Democrat governors.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
NEVER happen. A Party cannot whine and complain about Black and Brown people on a regular basis and then expect them to support that same Party at the polls. One reaps what they sow and that is simply the fact of the matter.
Sure they can.. Democrats do it every single day.

Why, I think you're the only one whos brought up race on this thread, proving my point..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies