Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 03:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When somebody is complaining about state rights they are complaining about the Federal government overstepping their bounds. If you want simple example the drinking age should be set by states, technically it can be but the feds will hold up highway funding. This is what states rights is about, it's never about taking your individual rights away.
Yet those that try to say something is states rights often times does so when trying to take away or deny rights to others, gay marriage ring a bell? So do you support individual rights or state rights? You cannot support both when supporting state rights means you support states denying rights to the people within their state.

Quote:
It's the other way around son, the Constitution creates the Federal Government.
That still makes it a Federal Law, you can try to dance around it all you want, it doesn't change that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then there you go, Obama wants to take away all your guns if he could, but is fully well aware that will never happen, so please come off the ledge or just run to your nearest gun store to stock up "just in case."
Please stop whatever it is that is causing you to hallucinate. I am not on a ledge, and I never said that I was afraid Obama was going to take away all my guns. Show me the post where I did. You can't.

Look, I posted that Obama was on record as supporting a handgun ban. You questioned it, and I provided the proof. That should have ended the discussion, but here we are 4-5 posts later, still on a wild goose chase, with you hallucinating things about me.

Thus ends this wild goose chase, and there will be no more of them in my future.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Please stop whatever it is that is causing you to hallucinate. I am not on a ledge, and I never said that I was afraid Obama was going to take away all my guns. Show me the post where I did. You can't.

Look, I posted that Obama was on record as supporting a handgun ban. You questioned it, and I provided the proof. That should have ended the discussion, but here we are 4-5 posts later, still on a wild goose chase, with you hallucinating things about me.

Thus ends this wild goose chase, and there will be no more of them in my future.
I hear there is a gun sale going on for anyone thinking Obama is gonna take away their guns, you should stop by and spend some money stocking up.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:44 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
That still makes it a Federal Law, you can try to dance around it all you want, it doesn't change that fact.
It's not and can only be changed by the States. If 38 states got together tomorrow and agreed to an amendment to abolish the federal government ....bye bye federal government. Did they not teach you these things in school?

Old 04-02-2015, 04:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Oh I agree fully, though it seems whenever the Constitution is used in a way the right wingers don't like then they whine for stronger State Rights, and then when a state does something the right wingers don't like, they then turn around and whine about the Constitution and Individual Rights. It is just funny when this hypocrisy is on display.
Quote:
Remember this post of yours the next time a right winger whines for State Rights.

Thanks for the laugh and this poor attempt to rewrite our country, the Constitution was created by the Federal Government, it is what rules over this country, thus it is a Federal Law.
the constitution was set up to reign in the power of government at ALL levels. its original intent, if you bothered to read it, was to say what the federal government can and cannot do, and what powers are enumerated to the states and the people. re read the tenth amendment.

one of the reasons the federal government was set up like it was, was to protect the rights of the people, and the states. the protection and the voice of the people was to be done through the house of representatives, and the protection and voice of the states was to be done through the senate. unfortunately the states lost their voice with the seventeenth amendment.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
It's not and can only be changed by the States. If 38 states got together tomorrow and agreed to an amendment to abolish the federal government ....bye bye federal government. Did they not teach you these things in school?
And bye bye Constitution, you get rid of the Federal Government, you get rid of the Constitution. Apparently they didn't teach that to you in school.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
And bye bye Constitution, you get rid of the Federal Government, you get rid of the Constitution. Apparently they didn't teach that to you in school.
You should read the Declaration of Independence when you get a chance.

You realize the normal gun control proponents on this board aren't even backing you up on your silly assertion right?

Here is a nice quote about liberty. Though not directly about the 2nd amendment it feels fitting.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it. -Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the constitution was set up to reign in the power of government at ALL levels. its original intent, if you bothered to read it, was to say what the federal government can and cannot do, and what powers are enumerated to the states and the people. re read the tenth amendment.

one of the reasons the federal government was set up like it was, was to protect the rights of the people, and the states. the protection and the voice of the people was to be done through the house of representatives, and the protection and voice of the states was to be done through the senate. unfortunately the states lost their voice with the seventeenth amendment.
You can dance all you want, the Constitution is still a federal document.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You should read the Declaration of Independence when you get a chance.

You realize the normal gun control proponents on this board aren't even backing you up on your silly assertion right?
Also a Federal Document, you too can dance all you want, but that fact isn't going away.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Also a Federal Document, you too can dance all you want, but that fact isn't going away.
This doesn't even make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies