Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,496,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Christians who believe discrimination is a religious value better get on the ball, and look it up in the Bible where God commands them to do nothing for atheists. It may be easy to do, since I've heard you can use verses in the Bible to justify discriminating against anyone you want.
Yeah, you just have to ignore that whole Jesus part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 01:54 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,026,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yeah, you just have to ignore that whole Jesus part.
That's easy enough. Christians ignore that whole Jesus part pretty regularly.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:11 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,519,670 times
Some smart aleck theists were giving me a hard time time about being an atheist - calling me a jerk, and threatening to get me. I had just done a Kung fu course, and was able to take them all down - there were nine of them.

So thanks, but no thanks Madison ...... I won't be needing your law.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,804,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Some smart aleck theists were giving me a hard time time about being an atheist - calling me a jerk, and threatening to get me. I had just done a Kung fu course, and was able to take them all down - there were nine of them.

Another internet tough guy.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,026,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm sure they wouldn't, but if someone found out, you would be protected. At a small company I worked at, the owner's son-in-law took "Darwin fish" off two employees' cars. That's far from firing someone, but religious biases do occur in the workplace.
"Darwin fish", huh? And all this time I thought they were holy mackerel. Learn something new every day.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,496,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

The exact same thing happened to me, but I have a nine shot Walther.

I won't be needing the law, either, but if someone does, I'm glad it's there.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:54 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,658,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another solution in search of a problem.
Have you ever noticed how often that is said by people who actually aren't adversely affected by the applicable problem?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,825,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Oh wow there IS a god!

j/k
Perfect response.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:34 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,273,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Like when you're new in town and somebody asks you if you go to church, or believe in Jesus. And you don't want to lie about it. And word gets around.
Does this happen? No stranger I've ever met has asked "So, what church do you go to?" as an icebreaker.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 AM

698 posts, read 584,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Does this happen? No stranger I've ever met has asked "So, what church do you go to?" as an icebreaker.
You must not live in the US Bible Belt. I moved to a new area about 9 months ago and this has happened to me about a half dozen times now. Two coworkers and the rest were people in my neighborhood that started a conversation that way while I was walking my dog.

I think my wife and I may be the only adults in my subdivision that don't go to some type of church every week. The megachurchs are so busy, that off duty cops are hired to direct traffic. For someone that didn't grow up in this area, it is a massive culture shock. I still wonder what the long term impact at work will be now that people know I am not part of the Jesus club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies