Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 06:39 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
A fool and his money are soon parted. While I disagree with the Indiana law, I also disagree with those supposedly on my side who used threats against this business. But, when you take a stand, as they did (one I don't agree with), you have to deal with backlash. Had they waited it out a few weeks all would be forgotten since Americans tend to have short memories. Instead they set up a Go Fund Me account and conservatives are falling all over themselves sending them money so they can essentially retire. We're not talking about some non-profit, but a private family business. Holy cow! Had this been done by some liberal family business in another situation we would never have heard the end of it.
When has their been a need for advocates of a liberal family business to set up a fund like this, as a result of death threats and an orchestrated campaign to ruin their business and destroy their livelihood, by a veritable lynch mob of hateful people on the right?

This kind of thing seems to happen routinely with the left, however, as we saw with Chick-fil-a, and as we see routinely with the smear attacks and politics of personal destruction campaigns against Republican politicians like Chris Christie (over a traffic jam that some of his staff in New Jersey apparently helped to coordinate), and which a bipartisan (mostly Democrat) investigation exonerated Christie from earlier this year.

And then there was the especially vile and misogynistic attacks against Sarah Palin as a side show of the presidential campaign of 2008. If there was any doubt about the hatefulness of the left and the vileness that that they could produce, once again in a lynch-mob frenzy, those doubts were eliminated permanently during the Sarah Palin episode. In fact, the attacks on Sarah Palin and her family were far worse than what we are seeing here with this current situation.

And then of course there were the organized protests to destroy - and even kill if possible - George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson. Both of whom it turns out were innocent of the charges that these leftist media-encouraged, racially-oriented, modern-day lynch mobs of protesters, led by leftist media lynch-mob leaders like Rachel Maddow levied against them. Leftist media leaders who repeatedly pronounced their guilt in the most hateful possible manner, angrily calling for vengeance, wrongfully fanning the flames of hatred and violence, charging up millions of people, who truth be told were literally looking for blood. Of course these two innocent men are to a degree on the run to this very day and will probably be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives.

And let's not forget the Duke Lacrosse team rape-charges that turned out to be false, but which the left decided for themselves in their typical collectivist lynch-mob fashion, ruining the reputations of those young men and scarring them emotionally for life.

Of course these are just a few examples. There are many other examples.

When has there ever been a need for the left to gather together to set up a fund like this, to support a family in a small town pizzeria who is in the process of being ruined and run out of town by a coordinated rightist lynch mob dead set on causing these people harm and hopefully ruin? Or when has the right ever engaged in the sorts of lynch mob campaigns noted above that millions on the left clearly appear to live for?

This is what leftists do. It is what the homo-fascist bullies groups do. It is who they are. And no doubt they are eager to do it again to someone else even now as we speak. At least there was someone there to help these poor people.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 04-03-2015 at 06:54 AM..

Old 04-03-2015, 06:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
We have arrived...in the age of speech control.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
No self respecting gay person would have pizza at their wedding.

The woman from the shop sounds slow, so whatever. It's not worth the time or effort.

There's a sucker born every minute. Or a few thousand of them, as the case may be.

It sad that so many people are filled with such hatred. I really don't understand the right.
Who started the hate first? The reporter is the one who thought spreading hate was the best method. So now people will be bent that Christians stood together against hating this family?

The left seems chicken to ask anyone else but Christians on their stand on serving gay marriages......becoming quite clear who the gays are targeting......and you want respect????

Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Watch this. Spells the law and issue here out much better than the news media has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Ok. I'm not for what's happening to this family business, but the Lord likely doesn't stand by people using him as an excuse to discriminate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Which shows that they are not discriminating based on sexual orientation. It is the religiously offensive ceremony that they are discriminating against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think by pridefully advertising her desire to discriminate should the opportunity arise and hiding behind her religion as a justification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't consider exercising my right to free exercise of religion, discrimination. If I believe "gay marriage" is wrong, and homosexuality is sin, I have a right to refuse to participate in such a celebration.

Why should you be allowed to force me to participate in your sinful behavior? Christians are not to be a party to sin.

This is all simply an attack on Christianity by homosexuals. Nothing more. They need to learn to respect the views of others, even if they don't agree with them.
You sum up the quotes I have here and you find the answer. The business had not been discriminating and treating everyone equally that walked in the door for pizza BUT to contract to be a part of a ceremony that is considered sinful/immoral/indecent goes a step beyond and tramples on one's religious freedom.

Although I am not Christian, I would not be a part of a sinful/immoral/indecent joining of two or more individuals. And, from what I remember from being a Christian, Jesus never turned away anyone but neither did he engage in a celebration of their sinful ways. The prostitute was at his feet but he didn't become part of the business end of that deal.

Freedom of Speech? Freedom of Religion? Watching our freedoms under attack? Too many good people have died to give and protect these freedoms. Stand up for what you believe and show some courage like those that have fought and died that you might have them.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:32 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Look at it this way, if a man and woman went into a Muslim or Christian bakery, and said they wanted to get a wedding cake for a gay couple they know with two women on it, etc, if that business said NO, they would NOT be denying service to gays. Theyd be denying service to a man and woman, who arent gay. The service denied would be for a private ceremony that they find against their beliefs.

The point is, they are not denying gay customers, they are denying a service for something they do not agree with on religious grounds. Completely different than the way the media and some of you are framing this.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Sue the news station for instigating this witch hunt. The good thing is, it's all documented. Easy peasy restitution.
On what grounds?

Asking questions?

Running a news channel?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah that's where the liberals win... they are able to circumvent legislation and ballot referendums with activist judges.
Wow, judges ruling based on the constitution are activist? Did you realize that many of those judges were nominated by good old republicans, including saint Ronnie.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Unless, their Christians. Make up your mind....... I am beginning to think gays have no talents, Seems only Christians have talents others want. We will be a dull world by the time the left is done.
Who said that Christians can't say what they want?

Go ahead say whatever you want, but then others get to respond to what you say.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think he did. You said that a photographer can't do wedding photography if he won't do "gay 'weddings,'" which is you deciding what business a Christian photographer is allowed to be in based on what you think, and since you don't like Christians and what they believe about your behavior, they shouldn't be allowed to be wedding photographers, according to you.

So, I'll ask you again: Who the HELL do you think you are? Who appointed you ruler of the universe?
Most states have laws regarding businesses.
Many say that if you offer a service or product you can not discriminate.

Why should religious beliefs trump generally applicable laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies