Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you watched the video and listened to what she said, she told you who she was. She was an activist with Act Up, at one time.
Whatever...
Quote:
Nobody is "terrified" of them but you Leftists.
Please!

The religious right is a source of never-ending amusement. The way they've taken over the GOP and led the "mainstream" around like a hog with a nose ring is entertaining beyond anything political in decades.

Go teabaggers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The same Fox that insisted the law was the same as the Federal law, except is wasn't. Sloppy journalism or lies? You be the judge.

This is the same Fox that pulled Harry Reid's 2.5 year old alleged lie about Romney's taxes out of their butt in an attempt to distract viewers from the mess in Indiana. Given Romney declined to disclose returns for 2009 ( tax amnesty year) and earlier, the public will never know. It no longer matters.

According to the Indiana Governor, the intention was not to discriminate. The legislation was quickly changed to make the language more consistent with the intent.

It does not go far enough for some and went too far for others. A win- win or lose- lose? Arkansas saw the slippery slope and learned from the experience.

It's over.

Hillary's email debacle is what it is.
CNN broke the Harry Reid story. Sloppy posting or lies? I've already judged.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Oh. Well, if TAMMY BRUCE says it, it must be true.

Thank you, OP, for letting us know what the ONE TRUE VOICE has to say about this issue.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I'm sure you know who Tammy Bruce is. She just doesn't tow the leftist line.
Indiana didn't cave as you said, the legislature clarified the language so even you people could understand it.
Indiana caved big time. This is a huge victory for the gay/left propaganda machine. Not only did Indiana amend the RFRA, they added a statewide law banning discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, something they'd not have done without the furor.

Looking ahead, this victory will make it much harder to pass RFRA's elsewhere, and put momentum on the side of passing sexual orientation anti-discrimination laws.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:19 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,127 times
Tammy Bruce will say anything to get attention and stay relevant to Fox viewers. When she was a raging leftist feminist, she said some pretty ridiculous things too.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 AM

698 posts, read 587,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
She's exactly right. They are destroying their own cause. They are making people hate them. They are the bigots here.
Right, because the Fox News viewers and bigots that support these discriminatory laws didn't already hate them to begin with.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:43 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
Tammy Bruce still throwing fresh meat to the base I see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo
So, who is Tammy Bruce, anyway?

I mean, besides just another Fox mouthpiece....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiMT7
Oh. Well, if TAMMY BRUCE says it, it must be true.

Thank you, OP, for letting us know what the ONE TRUE VOICE has to say about this issue.
Notice what one liberal commenter after another has in common? None of them seem to be able to address the substance of what Tammy Bruce says. She's absolutely right. Gays should be natural proponents of individual liberty, limited government, and protection from tyranny of the majority. And individual liberty includes the First Amendment, and the free exercise of religion.

They are selling out long term individual liberty for short term gain, e.g. the ability to force some rural pizza joint to cater a non-existent gay wedding.

We have been through eras in our history where people were jailed for distributing anti-war pamphlets (Schenk case) leaving freedom of speech null and void. It took the ACLU a half century to get those rights back. Until the Heller decision in 2008, the First Amendment was largely null and void. Liberals for years claimed that it applied only to the National Guard. Now it appears religious freedom is on the chopping block.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Notice what one liberal commenter after another has in common? None of them seem to be able to address the substance of what Tammy Bruce says. She's absolutely right. Gays should be natural proponents of individual liberty, limited government, and protection from tyranny of the majority. And individual liberty includes the First Amendment, and the free exercise of religion.

They are selling out long term individual liberty for short term gain, e.g. the ability to force some rural pizza joint to cater a non-existent gay wedding.

We have been through eras in our history where people were jailed for distributing anti-war pamphlets (Schenk case) leaving freedom of speech null and void. It took the ACLU a half century to get those rights back. Until the Heller decision in 2008, the First Amendment was largely null and void. Liberals for years claimed that it applied only to the National Guard. Now it appears religious freedom is on the chopping block.

1815: "I got me a god-given right to own slaves. Bible sez so!"

1915: "I got me a god-given right to refuse service to blacks. Bible sez so!"

2015: "I got me a god-given right to refuse service to gays. Bible sez so!"

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a pattern here.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
CNN broke the Harry Reid story. Sloppy posting or lies? I've already judged.
What do you mean CNN broke the story ? it happened almost 3 years ago, you remember who broke it and who called it a lie or not ???

Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,641,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Fox mouthpiece, obviously. Never heard of her prior to this thread. Is she some kind of big deal amongst the Fox followers?

She has her toe on the religious right line.

If it makes you feel better.

You do realize that Tammy Bruce is gay don't you? I think that is the point of citing her in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies