Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:22 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,933,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Personally, I love diversity (emphasis on small "d"). I have always lived in diverse places and it does make life more interesting and enriching.

However, when government creates policies based on Diversity (emphasis on capital "D") the result is invariably Social Engineering and other ignoble goals.

And that I despise.

Diversity should be organic, not forced. Enjoy it and stop making a big deal about it.

Absolutely! It has to happen naturally.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:28 PM

62,501 posts, read 28,731,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
if the conservative white would just go away we'd all be much better off. they can go live in idaho with there other neo nazi buddies.
What an assinine remark to make! I am a white conservative but I am no neo- Nazi. Take your hatred of white conservatives and stick it where the sun don't shine!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:31 PM

62,501 posts, read 28,731,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
I love black people. They are truly culturally American. I am speaking about AAs not caribeans.

I wouldn't mind living in a town with black people, not an all black town but I wouldn't mind that one bit. We speak english and have a shared heritage and culture that goes back to the founding of America.

It's others I don't really like being around, not American blacks..I have no issue with AA people
I agree. Blacks speak English and are culturally American. I never have had an issue with the Blacks I have encountered. In fact I have thoroughly enjoyed them. Their sense of humor is equal to none.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:48 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,349,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Personally, I love diversity (emphasis on small "d"). I have always lived in diverse places and it does make life more interesting and enriching.

However, when government creates policies based on Diversity (emphasis on capital "D") the result is invariably Social Engineering and other ignoble goals.

And that I despise.

Diversity should be organic, not forced. Enjoy it and stop making a big deal about it.
Surprise..You got your wish..America is the land made up of Immigrants..America opened their doors to any and all cultures. People came over from all over the world to be part of the "Land of Opportunity". So unless you acknowledge that America is like a Melting Pot" made up of numerous ingredients..ala cultures....You would be in denial about the Organic beginnings of your own Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Absolutely! It has to happen naturally.
Diversity did actually happen naturally. It's just you may not know your own Country's history I guess.

Thread Title > The diversity obsession

It's not so much an obsession but the RESULT of the Founding Nation. I have no issue if you or anyone else doesn't like to be around different cultures or belief systems of others..Freedom to remove yourself for their presence.

Anyway, here's a link which explains why there are so many ( diverse) cultures in your Country..It may help explain it for you..Happy Reading

The Migration to North America

Old 04-03-2015, 12:49 PM

13,767 posts, read 5,496,355 times
Diversity of what?
  • Musical taste?
  • Video game preferences?
  • Height?
  • Lawn decorations?
  • Opinions on Socrates' dialogue with Meno about virtue?
  • Opinion on whether or not pi should be replaced with tau as the circumference/diameter constant?
  • Country where maternal great grandparents hail from?
  • Premier League vs La Liga?
  • Coke vs Pepsi?
  • Whether Motorhead or Black Sabbath is more important to metal music?
People are diverse in a bazillion different ways, even if their skin color is the same. Only racist morons think skin color is the sole determinant of "diverse"

Old 04-03-2015, 12:52 PM

30,561 posts, read 21,730,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When you start seeing the people around you based on their character , then you will eliminate the lefts false god of diversity
Right on. Many on the left preach it but don't practice it, then falsly demonize those on the right. The Kennedy's are good example of a family that preaches the leftist ideals of diversity but you won't find a brown or black skinned person in the ranks.

On the other hand, look at the Bush family with a history of Anglo/Mex mixes, or John Bohner with a Jamaican Son in law, or McCain with a black daughter in law. Which side really is accepting of diversty.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM

72,820 posts, read 62,174,096 times
I don't care what race/color my neighbors are. I only care that they treat me nicely and respectfully. I only care that they are decent people and don't cause problems for me. Race is irrelevant. One reason I have never taken issue with diversity.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,010,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
2 questions

1. What is so special about diversity? Besides the food

2. Why is it bad if I don't want to live in a diverse place? At least culturally, color is a non-factor to me, culture is...I live in "multicultural" SoCal my whole life and I find the mess of languages and cultures divisive. I would like to live in a place where I don't have to avoid entire neighborhoods because nobody speaks my language or has any commonality culturally with me. I would just like to live in a purely American (anglophone, steak and potatoes, football and apple pie and Stars and Stripes waving) city. If people want to live in a "diverse" place that is there prerogative, but I get the vibe that not liking diversity is something frowned upon here.
Liberals have thrown out their belief in God (Doesn't matter if it was the Jewish or the Christian God) and they have instead adopted the idol of "Multiculturalism" and "Darwinism".

They see multiculturalism as the new "savior" that will save us all economically, socially, and politically. It satisfies the white liberal guilt, it satisfies their hatred of religion (especially Christianity which is mostly white and black in this country), it satisfies their need for "change" (at all costs) regardless of the fact that they don't have any clue as to what this change will do for everyone. They see change as inherently good, as if anything old and traditional is "outdated" and therefore they consider it to be "obsolete". Nevermind that time tested methods have proved effective and safe for decades.

The reason liberals love change so much is because they believe wholeheartedly in the religion of Darwinism that says that we are constantly evolving (it's inferred that we are getting "better) and therefore, we must erase and throw away traditions and history in favor of "new" and "change". They believe in the myth of progress, that basically any change is "progress" (progress to what exactly? the liberals have no idea) and is therefore essential. So their destruction of time honored traditions satisfies their need to radically change everything just because they think that chaotic change will save humanity (from the violence of fellow humans).

Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,863,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Liberals have thrown out their belief in God (Doesn't matter if it was the Jewish or the Christian God) and they have instead adopted the idol of "Multiculturalism" and "Darwinism".

They see multiculturalism as the new "savior" that will save us all economically, socially, and politically. It satisfies the white liberal guilt, it satisfies their hatred of religion (especially Christianity which is mostly white and black in this country), it satisfies their need for "change" (at all costs) regardless of the fact that they don't have any clue as to what this change will do for everyone. They see change as inherently good, as if anything old and traditional is "outdated" and therefore they consider it to be "obsolete". Nevermind that time tested methods have proved effective and safe for decades.

The reason liberals love change so much is because they believe wholeheartedly in the religion of Darwinism that says that we are constantly evolving (it's inferred that we are getting "better) and therefore, we must erase and throw away traditions and history in favor of "new" and "change". They believe in the myth of progress, that basically any change is "progress" (progress to what exactly? the liberals have no idea) and is therefore essential. So their destruction of time honored traditions satisfies their need to radically change everything just because they think that chaotic change will save humanity (from the violence of fellow humans).
Someone has been telling you falsehoods, and I see you believe them.

Nope multiculturalism has been here in the USA since the founding fathers started this Nation and before. You simply have an issue with those that are not like you. Pssst, change is always occurring and does not need you to agree with it for it to occur.

Once again to attempt to speak for Liberals yet are grossly uniformed when it comes to who Liberals are, and painting with a broad brush tends to lead to a bad paint job and results in a lot of paint being splattered back on the painter. Is there one specific source you get your misinformation from or are there several source that feed you that nonsense?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:40 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,010,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Someone has been telling you falsehoods, and I see you believe them.

Nope multiculturalism has been here in the USA since the founding fathers started this Nation and before. You simply have an issue with those that are not like you. Pssst, change is always occurring and does not need you to agree with it for it to occur.

Once again to attempt to speak for Liberals yet are grossly uniformed when it comes to who Liberals are, and painting with a broad brush tends to lead to a bad paint job and results in a lot of paint being splattered back on the painter. Is there one specific source you get your misinformation from or are there several source that feed you that nonsense?
Nobody told me these things, I am basing this off my own observations.

I am not pretending to speak for Liberals. That would mean I was representing them. Obviously not, I am criticizing them if you didn't notice. I didn't say change was bad, my point is that destroying everything from the past in the name of "change" and the unspoken, subconscious Liberal belief in multiculturalism as the savior of our society, coupled with change, is not a religion I adhere to.

I don't get my misinformation from anywhere, I get it from my own observations of life. I am a former Liberal myself, but as I have gotten older and smarter, I have realized the idiotic hypocrisy of their politics. They give lip service to everything but they practice hypocritical social injustice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies