Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:17 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What?

Okay, what is your opinion of the arguments being presented on religious freedom? Do you think they're consistent, or do you think gays are being targeted?
No, they are not consistent, I also believe gays are being targeted. But Christians are also being targeted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 01:21 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Muslims were behind the state RFRAs?

Really?
You really do not see the double standards, do you?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, they are not consistent, I also believe gays are being targeted. But Christians are also being targeted.
Thank you. Are you saying Christians are being targeted by the gay community and supporters? If the answer is yes, then do you think gay supporters are targeting Christians or simply reacting to being targeted themselves?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post

Partisans are like that. Blinded by ideology.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
No I see some who are fighting to get special exemption from generally applicable laws getting teed off when other religions are using those exemptions for themselves.

Open the can o worms, don't get mad when other s use those worms to fish too.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Partisans are like that. Blinded by ideology.
I agree. On both sides. Consistency should be the goal.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No I see some who are fighting to get special exemption from generally applicable laws getting teed off when other religions are using those exemptions for themselves.

Open the can o worms, don't get mad when other s use those worms to fish too.
I agree in that if one supports the religious view of Christians, Muslims, etc. everyone needs to be consistent in their approach to the law.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Thank you. Are you saying Christians are being targeted by the gay community and supporters? If the answer is yes, then do you think gay supporters are targeting Christians or simply reacting to being targeted themselves?

In my opinion, progressives hate Christians but have some weird tolerance for Muslims which is odd considering the gays and ultra liberals would be the first ones killed.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
In my opinion, progressives hate Christians but have some weird tolerance for Muslims which is odd considering the gays and ultra liberals would be the first ones killed.
Let's forget the progressives for a moment. Let's call the group "gays and their supporters." Do you think gays and their supporters are targeting Christians or reacting to being targeted themselves?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:29 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
I think gay supporters are simply reacting to being targeted themselves in most cases. Islam is clear in its prohibition of homosexual acts too. And let's face it, Christians majority countries offering far more tolerant views than Muslim majority countries. (Not saying Christian countries are perfect, but yes, we are much more tolerant. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies