Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

This story is hilarious on so many levels.

Thanks for the much needed laughter Teddy.

Ted Nugent: Obama Is Causing Veteran Suicides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 04:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

While the suicide rates among Vets is appalling and the government should treat Vets better than they do but to blame Obama as the cause is pure BS, but then again Ted has proven time and time again he is not connected to reality and his BS factor I through the roof, kinda sad to watch. I see he has not missed any meals lately, maybe he should worry more about that a bit more, being grossly overweight is a leading cause of health issues that can and do lead to death.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:09 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Blame president Obama for suicides is just ridiculous.

People blamed me for my late boyfriend's suicide, many suicide survivors have been blamed. we are suppose to spot the signs, we are suppose to do this and that. We are the scapegoat because somebody chose to end their lives.

Uncovering the reason for an individual suicide death is complex and challenging. Most people who committed suicide have suffered from untreated mental illnesses.

The stigma attached to PTSD may have made some veterans reluctant to immediately seek the help they needed when they first returned from service. Many use drugs and alcohol to mask the pain of PTSD.

President Obama has nothing to do with it.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
While the suicide rates among Vets is appalling and the government should treat Vets better than they do but to blame Obama as the cause is pure BS , but then again Ted has proven time and time again he is not connected to reality and his BS factor I through the roof, kinda sad to watch. I see he has not missed any meals lately, maybe he should worry more about that a bit more, being grossly overweight is a leading cause of health issues that can and do lead to death.
No it is not. It's probably wrong in the way Nugent wants to present it as it's only a problem because of Obama but this all does fall right in the lap of Obama (and Bush before him). There is no justification for putting these soldiers through what they are being put through.

I also do not believe for a second anyone has told Nugent it's because of Obama alone. For that he should be condemned.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:35 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Gee, maybe if Ted didn't do such degrading things to dodge serving in Vietnam, he'd realize that combat does serious damage to a soldier's mind.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:39 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

Quote:
While the suicide rates among Vets is appalling and the government should treat Vets better than they do but to blame Obama as the cause is pure BS, but then again Ted has proven time and time again he is not connected to reality and his BS factor I through the roof, kinda sad to watch. I see he has not missed any meals lately, maybe he should worry more about that a bit more, being grossly overweight is a leading cause of health issues that can and do lead to death.

Who cares what ted has to say, you must be getting emails or something because the average rightie/con or what ever you want to call them could care less.

BTW, ted is wrong...just incase you misunderstand...

Also, just in case you forgot, obama did campaign on this in 2007.....

Quote:

Quote:
No veteran should have to fill out a 23-page claim to get care,” he continued, “or wait months – even years – to get an appointment at the VA. We need more mental health professionals, more training to recognize signs and to reject the stigma of seeking care.”

Old 04-03-2015, 04:41 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
I have plenty of "celebrities" that I despise, most all on the left. This is one on the "right" that I cant stand. Go away. And I hate how some well known "conservatives" pal around with this guy. Great, he's for the 2nd Amendment and doesnt like Obama. But geez, get a clue. We certainly can find a better person to represent our views. I can not stand Nugent.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who cares what ted has to say, you must be getting emails or something because the average rightie/con or what ever you want to call them could care less.

BTW, ted is wrong...just incase you misunderstand...

Also, just in case you forgot, obama did campaign on this in 2007.....
Yes, he campaigned on bringing them home.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:

Shock of shocks Ted is right, but Bush was responsible for those when he was Commander in Chief too. The President can bring the troops home anytime. But unless Nugent includes Bush he gets no points.

"not missed any meals" lol sweet It looks like he ate Ted Nugent.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 PM

5 posts, read 6,239 times
Lol,,
http://bestuipics.gq/6/o.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies