Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 11:57 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times

Advertisements

There was a rope found hanging from a tree the other week in NC?

"He declined to describe the culprit's gender, race or whether the student had been in trouble in the past"

Not sure what that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 12:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The dancing around the issue leaves me thinking the student was not White.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:18 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Why do people immediently jump to the idea that a noose hanging in a tree is meant for a black neck??
If I saw a noose the first thought in my mind would be "are we in the old west?" Lots of people of all races and nationalities have been hung over the centuries.

I live in Massachusetts and my first thought I guess when confronted with a noose is supposed to be "did they find a witch to hang?" (that is a Salem MA. witch trial reference by the way)

It is a piece of rope tied in a certain way people it is no more racist than the bonfire they had at the rally last week. Yes people of all colours have been burned at the stake, heck in the Middle East isis likes to burn people alive in cages.

People need to get real and move on with it already. Perhaps the kid who put the noose up was making a political statement about the direction this country is going in??

Old 04-04-2015, 02:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Yeah yeah, we know, RACISM!

Old 04-04-2015, 09:18 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Was it a ROPE, or a noose? Big difference! And, if it was a noose, perhaps it was a suicidal someone.... Could have been a kid practicing his/her rope tying skills...or someone trying to put up a tire swing....

Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I thought someone came forward and owned up.

They will not reveal the race of the person that hung it. Like the Austin incident with the racist stickers being placed on the business windows, they said it was to start a discussion. The guy in Austin that did it, was definitely bi-racial.

Guy admits to noose - Duke University

Old 04-04-2015, 10:59 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
[quote=Cape Cod Todd;39088992]Why do people immediently jump to the idea that a noose hanging in a tree is meant for a black neck??
If I saw a noose the first thought in my mind would be "are we in the old west?" Lots of people of all races and nationalities have been hung over the centuries.

I live in Massachusetts and my first thought I guess when confronted with a noose is supposed to be "did they find a witch to hang?" (that is a Salem MA. witch trial reference by the way)

It is a piece of rope tied in a certain way people it is no more racist than the bonfire they had at the rally last week. Yes people of all colours have been burned at the stake, heck in the Middle East isis likes to burn people alive in cages.

People need to get real and move on with it already. Perhaps the kid who put the noose up was making a political statement about the direction this country is going in??[/QUOTE

Seriously, your thought went to the old west. Why? You weren't even born. This is just something you read in history books. Most people associate a noose from a tree as hanging black people because that's what happened to some of them.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
That other salsa was made in New York City! Quick, get a rope! We can't, ropes are racist.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:15 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
[quote=natalie469;39094366]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why do people immediently jump to the idea that a noose hanging in a tree is meant for a black neck??

People need to get real and move on with it already. Perhaps the kid who put the noose up was making a political statement about the direction this country is going in??[/QUOTE

Seriously, your thought went to the old west. Why? You weren't even born. This is just something you read in history books. Most people associate a noose from a tree as hanging black people because that's what happened to some of them.
No. Most people beat over the head with how racist America is thinks noose= kkk hanging blacks.

Were you alive when all those evil racist white men were stringing up unarmed innocent black men just because of the color of their skin? Or did you read it in a book?

Old 04-04-2015, 11:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
[quote=Ih2puo;39094452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

No. Most people beat over the head with how racist America is thinks noose= kkk hanging blacks.

Looks like there was a 3:1 ratio of blacks and whites strung up in the well yes "old west" times. Kinda looks like our prison population today?

Oh yes but it was all evil racist white men stringing up unarmed black men because of the color of their skin.
What most people Sorry you are in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies