Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 04:26 PM

801 posts, read 1,101,862 times

Advertisements

Coming from the right.....We told you so. Living proof that affirmative action, quotas, and lowered standards give blacks an unfair advantage. Slam dunk!!!!!

But wait just a minute.

*So how many schools did fake black man get accepted to?

*How many schools did Indian man get rejected by?

*Were any of the schools that rejected this guy in the first place - then accept him once he turned black? The answer to this question is a bfd.

*Did the school that he finally enrolled in accept him as black...then upon acceptance, after which he would have been forced to reveal his identity, let him enroll anyway, knowing of the fake out play he deployed on them?

So many people are so anxious to see this as a gotcha, so zealous to prove their case, that they won't stop to ask these questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 04:39 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Decades ago was a different environment. Today AA has overstayed it's use.
It is time to do away with affirmative action and quotas after 30+ years, but I would take advantage of any opportunity if I was a black or Hispanic minority. Wouldn't you? If I was Asian, I would change my name to Jones. Asians seem to get negative points for admission to universities. Basing admission to a university based on skin color is not fair at all!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-06-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 04:57 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,389,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is time to do away with affirmative action and quotas after 30+ years, but I would take advantage of any opportunity if I was a black or Hispanic minority. Wouldn't you? If I was Asian, I would change my name to Jones. Asians seem to get negative points for admission to universities. Basing admission to a university based on skin color is not fair at all!
Growing up in the hood isn't fair but you aren't complaining about that.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Not being born or growing up "in the hood" was my parents' decision, choice, and responsibility. Not mine.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM

17,205 posts, read 14,492,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

True.

But we aren't talking about college admissions.

This discussion is about med school.

I would think that after 4 years of undergrad AA should no longer be necessary to gain admission to higher education.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:14 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
How long were African-Americans rejected based on skin color in this country? Why do other whine over 30 years when these people were denied equal access for hundreds of years? The country is only beginning to level the field. It's not a perfect fix but what is?

Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
How long were African-Americans rejected based on skin color in this country? Why do other whine over 30 years when these people were denied equal access for hundreds of years? The country is only beginning to level the field. It's not a perfect fix but what is?
Women weren't valued either. Now we are. We proved ourselves and are doing well in the work force, on balance. Hispanics do well in my state and Asians are stellar employees.

What is your excuse for some black people's lack of success? I have my theories. Most are doing well.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Women weren't valued either. Now we are. We proved ourselves and are doing well in the work force, on balance. Hispanics do well in my state and Asians are stellar employees.

What is your excuse for some black people's lack of success? I have my theories. Most are doing well.
Answer my questions.

How long were African-Americans rejected based on skin color in this country?

Why do other whine over 30 years when these people were denied equal access for hundreds of years?

Additionally, are you claiming that the groups above had a similar experience to African-Americans? Additionally, there was never any all-inclusive women's struggle in the US, from my understanding.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Answer my questions.

How long were African-Americans rejected based on skin color in this country?

Why do other whine over 30 years when these people were denied equal access for hundreds of years?

Additionally, are you claiming that the groups above had a similar experience to African-Americans? Additionally, there was never any all-inclusive women's struggle in the US, from my understanding.
I can't speak for blacks. I have opinions. Is that what you are asking?

Never an all inclusive women's struggle for rights? Are you serious?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Blacks were discriminated against as were women in the work force.

Never an all inclusive women's struggle for rights? Are you serious?
Really? That's all that happened to "blacks" in this country?

How could there have been an all-inclusive women's struggle when during major women's struggles (mainly white women), black women were experiencing segregation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies