Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 06:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,510,765 times

Advertisements

Manipulation 101: Begin every statement with, "You know it's going to happen."

Sorry Charlie, I know no such thing, and neither do you.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:29 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,764,077 times
Lets lay this whole Turkish issue to rest and go on with the main topic of this thread. Turkey does not have the best pilots in the world and although they have a good military it isn't the best in the world. Amen

Old 04-05-2015, 06:31 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Lets lay this whole Turkish issue to rest and go on with the main topic of this thread. Turkey does not have the best pilots in the world and although they have a good military it isn't the best in the world. Amen
Agreed.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:33 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,423,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
Israel would do such a thing

Incorrect. Israel doesn't and never wants America to do anything for them

They have already said military options are on the table just the other day
I wasn't going to chime into this, but the fact is Israel does want the U.S. to do something for them eg; for us to not do a deal with Iran, that techinically is doing something for them. Plus, Israel ASKED Bush for his 'blessing' on a attacking Iran back in like 2007, they didn't get it. Netanyahu was one of the largest voices calling for us to attack Iraq, yet he didn't send any troops in supposedly because the US didn't want to throw Jewish people into the conflict and have it turn into a religious war -- that's absolutely ignorant, every war in the Middle East is religious. I believe the US allows for Mossad agents to pose as CIA so they won't have to take the blame, yet in every incident Mossad agents pretend to be CIA, the U.S. "frowns at their actions," when in reality, we're probably the ones allowing them to do it.

I don't know, to me that's a lot. Israel has a prominent say in our politics, especially abroad, they inevitablely look out for their actions more than ours, just as any country would. Now with that said, I support Israel, but I'm just saying to imply Israel doesn't want us to do anything for them is just ridiculous -- from us being the sole country objecting in UNSC meetings to military aid, they receive a good deal from us.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:33 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,011,265 times
Quote:
Nemesisxx: Since you have some first hand experience with the middle east situation I have this question for you: In your opinion is Israel going to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities? Or is it classified information?
In my opinion they would probably do it but not right now. They would probably wake until to see what will happen with the June deadline. I have talked to some friends who are currently in the air force and said they are training for such a scenario. This is part of the reason they are pushing the testing and release of their new David’s Sling anti-ballistic missile system so it can be combined with Arrow 1,2,3. All of that is part of their anti-ballistic missile system

http://rt.com/news/246093-israel-tests-david-sling/

Old 04-05-2015, 06:38 PM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
You know its going to happen. Bibi said many times that Israel would not compromise its security for anybody. In the mind of Israel's leadership Iran's nuclear program is a life and death issue. They aren't going to sit back and do nothing if they think that there is the slightest chance that Iran might build a bomb. But it isn't really the building of the bomb right now that worries Israel as much as it is the preparation for building one that is likely to go on and which at some point in time is going to enable Iran to build one quickly. When the bombing of Iran happens(and it will) all hell is going to break loose. Get ready for WW3.
Obama is a moron.

The "agreement", which essentially gives the Iranians everything they want, puts a loaded gun to the head of Israel and FORCES THEM to act.

Iran could have been kept in check with more strict sanctions and a few joint tactical airstrikes. They are a nation that has never abided by international law or agreements and will persist in activities to destabilize the mideast and the US. Only a fool thinks otherwise.

Obama is not only the worst president in US history, but is probably the worst leader in world history.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama is a moron.

The "agreement", which essentially gives the Iranians everything they want, puts a loaded gun to the head of Israel and FORCES THEM to act.

Iran could have been kept in check with more strict sanctions and a few joint tactical airstrikes. They are a nation that has never abided by international law or agreements and will persist in activities to destabilize the mideast and the US. Only a fool thinks otherwise.

Obama is not only the worst president in US history, but is probably the worst leader in world history.
OMG you mean we are making Israel deal with their own problem? The HORROR!

Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 4,102,492 times
Sorry I am late to this thread, but the bottom line is that Israel has no capacity. Iran learned from the bombings of Iraq and Syria (which is still a semi-secret) and took moves to make their program safe by building underground, using multiple locations, and keeping some locations uber-secret.

Also, Israel is just too far away.

World War III is coming, and unfortunately, it is coming with an Iranian bomb.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:42 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
Israel has already bombed Iraq nuclear site in past and Iran is nearby. I think perhaps some under estimate Israel's advance in prep for striking even the mountain sites. I really doubt at this time the Saudis and its allies would object really.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:54 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,750,721 times
Israel does not have the capability of striking Iran without substantial support. Even with Saudi over flight permission, Israel would need a lot more refueling planes to carry out the mission. Along with refueling planes, Israel lacks aviation electronic countermeasures support and pilot rescue capabilities.

Israel would have to fly to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia to refuel, then would have to strike and come back to Arabia or Kuwait to refuel to go home. The US or someone would need to aid in pilot rescue unless it is understood this is a suicide mission if a plane goes down. The US would need to aid in aviation base countermeasures to help negate Iran's pretty large air defense systems; this would put US forces right in harm's way. Additionally, Israel would need intel for where to target its missions as the facilities are located all throughout Iran. After the attacks, there would need to be a means to know what the impact was and if it substantially delayed Iran's program.

If all of this took place, the longer term consequences (known as blow back) could come in many forms...

Support for Israel's attack on an Islamic country with support of another could send waves through the Islamic world, in which many countries use Israel has the "monster in the cave" to justify about everything they do and to keep people's focus off of domestic issues. Another player, Iraq, seems to be left out of the calculation, but sure as heck is going to be a player in the near future, a player maybe not at all on the side of the US-Saudi coalition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.