Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 06:39 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,724,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Boston, MA is well-known to be an openly racist city. Last time I checked, it is located in the Northeastern United States.

This link is only a casual source to browse. For full-throated research, google it and see for yourself from the plethora of other sources available.

A Look Back at Boston

This Is Why People Think Boston Is a Racist City - Boston Magazine | Boston Magazine
Maybe because Boston is where slavery in the USA began almost 400 years ago.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,987,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Being more "integrated" does not mean more love shared. If people don't "express" racism up North, what makes you think the South would be any different?
Well, for a long time, a black family couldn't even get shown a house in a lot of Massachusetts towns, so, yeah, I'd say that being thoroughly integrated (why the scare quotes?) means that there's less of some kinds of racism down here.

Quote:
I think the South is more racist, but they consider it normal and not worth talking about.
I think you don't know what you're talking about. Spend some time on the North Carolina or Raleigh boards here at CD (or in North Carolina itself) and see how "normal" people consider racism.

Quote:
The South did not wage War on the North to free slaves, did it. The KKK never originated in Massachusetts either, did it? Don't see any point to your question.
I'm talking about the 21st Century, not the 19th.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,636,123 times
why does the link say the exact opposite of the OP?

Old 04-08-2015, 07:29 AM

170 posts, read 203,249 times
Chicago is the most liberal and racist city in the US. Look at what diversity has done for them lol

Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,244,900 times
as long as there are threads like this, and people keep calling others racists....using it as a trump card for every issue....then racism will continue to prosper....it is most unfortunate....

When you tell people how to think and feel, it grinds them, like rubbing salt in a wound....there is racism, all over the country, and it isn't mainly isolated to one or two ethnic groups.

I remember my mother telling me, when she was young, catholics in our town were hated, so they changed their religion.

It is sad, that right now in this country, race is such a horrible issue, when it shouldn't be....and I believe all people should stand up together against it...fairly and morally....

If you have a community who works together, sharing the work it takes to get things going, then you have a wonderful working community....and the same with a country.....but one cannot be constantly taking from the other....or visa versa....

We all need to work together....for it to actually survive and grow.....otherwise....you have what is presently going on now.

And it could be so easy....if people (all people) would just give a little...but criminal actions against goodness, is no way to go....we all must walk a moral, respectful and common sense line....

Old 04-08-2015, 12:49 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,567,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I have lived and traveled all over this country and the most racist people I have met were in Boston followed by LA.

Boston and LA does not qualify as "All over the Country." That's like saying the most snakes you have seen in any State is Colorado, because you happened to step on one. Doesn't mean the rest are "snake free."

Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,567,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

And it could be so easy....if people (all people) would just give a little...but criminal actions against goodness, is no way to go....we all must walk a moral, respectful and common sense line....
Unfortunately a lot of folks have lost their "Moral" Compass, and have no sense of direction, so they rely on a lot of folks who say they know the way, when in fact they have a no compass themselves, and just think its the right direction because the Bible says turn "South" and they think it said "North" or a neighbor said its actually West. If Adults don't know the right way by now, they never will, and will keep wandering around in life bumping into things, learning only by the bruises it leaves.

Also hiding behind religion is a false sense of direction because it s not seen the same by all. You can embrace religion and still be messed up in the head. Jim Jones was religious, with a following, and we see how it worked out for them. People know the difference between right and wrong. Its all about their free choices they make, and no one else's fault if they are wrong.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:51 PM
cml

180 posts, read 290,153 times
I have people say that the Northeast/New England region is the most racist and segregated part of the country, and has the highest number of hate groups, and the Southeast and the West Coast are tied for least racist and the most integrated part(s) of the country.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
cml

180 posts, read 290,153 times
but the northeast is also the most populated, so higher population could be the reason for segregation but not always the case but I would say it applies mostly to NY,NJ, CT, and MA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.